My Wife Was Sold A Car -

TonySoprano

OP.

If you give the car back to her, I've got one that you can buy.

no he can buy my car (but not sure if my wife agree, but no problem, can settle that later :o )

One way would be, when she calls, only speak German/Russian/Spanish whatever your mother language is....

........ so I am guessing the car must have been in his name, in Thailand it can only be in ONE name

Why do you say that? My car registration book list both my wife and myself (mr noise & mrs noise), and the names are joined by "and", not "either/or".

Here's a spanner in the works:

What if the car was used as collateral for a loan and that has not been paid back? Would you really want to be driving it around then?

I'd check those papers out to make sure they are legit... unless you are just taking the piss to amuse us all Mr Soprano :o .

legally but what about morally?
Tony, please, dont give this a second thought, you sound like a nice ( if somewhat gullible ) sort,. you may well be being scammed my friend, the car is yours,,MOST thais would not give a toss in this situation, so, when in rome , :o

From what I gather, the previous owner has not indicated exactly why she is unable to re-purchase the car.... Surely she can't expect any buyer to simply give back what they bought in good faith and her not have to return the money???

The OP is doing the right things by offering to sell it back at what he paid for it - some would 'demand' an extra payment due to the time/money already spent in seeing the car, visiting the transport office etc.

To the OP, politely tell the lady that if she is unable to repay you what you paid, then you are unable to sell it back to her. You have done all a good person can be expected to do.

Cheers

Jim

Maybe it was Heng.

Nah, not enough in terms of plot twists, surprises, and on the part of the debtor: unexpected loss of bladder control and of course the inevitable uncontrollable sobbing.

:o

OP.

If you give the car back to her, I've got one that you can buy.

I just spent 30seconds reading this thread and think I should be compensated. Could you send 30,000 baht to my paypal account.

Steady on pal, I was in the queue first.

I'm willing to share.............

We shopped around for cars and finally decided to go the local route and found an ad in the newspaper. we paid the gentleman the money and got the car in our names legally. about a week later we have now gotten a call from this man's wife telling us that she did not give her husband permission to sell the car and that she was the one who paid for the car, and that essentially her husband is a cheating low life. We have offered to sell it back to her at the same price but the husband has probably already gambled away the money or will not give it back to her as I understand it.

Should we give the car back to her and eat the loss?

Nothing to do with who paid for the car - its who's name was the car in when you pruchased it.

If it was in her name, and you bought it from him - then I am afraid you may have a problen on your hands because you purchased the car from someone other than the legal owner/registered keeper - which you are not supposed to do.

If the car was in his name then she has no case against you - the issue is with her husband.

Who paid for the car before you bought it is a non-issue - its who's name the car is in when you buy it, and if its anyone else then the named regsietred keeper/legal owner, then you are potentialy at fault - and fools for doing so.

legally but what about morally?

I am surprised you have any money at all. You are so willing to give it away.

In this place there are plenty that that will take/con your money. You will be broke very soon.

I can't believe this topic is being taken seriously at all.

If I was you I would sell the thing. its sounds like more trouble then it is.

Im sure that if she reports her car to been sold without her permission and can prove it. Then her husband will be in trouble and YOU WILL LOSE THE CAR.

But if you sell it and she reports it has been sold without her permission, then its THERE PROBLEM.

If I was you I would just sell the thing, or she can get it back if she has the proof and you get nothing

Maybe it was Heng.

Nah, not enough in terms of plot twists, surprises, and on the part of the debtor: unexpected loss of bladder control and of course the inevitable uncontrollable sobbing.

But well worth the yuks

We shopped around for cars and finally decided to go the local route and found an ad in the newspaper. we paid the gentleman the money and got the car in our names legally. about a week later we have now gotten a call from this man's wife telling us that she did not give her husband permission to sell the car and that she was the one who paid for the car, and that essentially her husband is a cheating low life. We have offered to sell it back to her at the same price but the husband has probably already gambled away the money or will not give it back to her as I understand it.

Don't worry, it's maybe a scam.

If the car is registered in your name, than it's legally yours. Doesn't matter what happen before. Someone must singed the documents, the book and the power of autority, before they selling to you and someone done it. Once car is in your name, noone and no court can take it back from you. Just forget and keep or sale it to someone else.

Don't worry, it's maybe a scam.

If the car is registered in your name, than it's legally yours. Doesn't matter what happen before. Someone must singed the documents, the book and the power of autority, before they selling to you and someone done it. Once car is in your name, noone and no court can take it back from you. Just forget and keep or sale it to someone else.

I dont believe thats true, if the car was in the wifes name and the husband signed it. That can be used as proof as the car not being sold by the owner. The husband will probably go to jail and the car will be returned to the lady. Tony will lose his money if she reports her car stolen