Cheap Flights Bangkok To Denver

girlx

i have decided to take a 3 month contract back in the states (though i have no real desire to do so but i digress)... i will be leaving around april 23 and need to fly to denver, and back around aug 1, but the fares i have found so far are ridiculous. tips on where to look? is united the best on this route?

i have decided to take a 3 month contract back in the states (though i have no real desire to do so but i digress)... i will be leaving around april 23 and need to fly to denver, and back around aug 1, but the fares i have found so far are ridiculous. tips on where to look? is united the best on this route?

I am not a travel expert but.....

I think you will get your best airfare to LA, because it is a major hub and many airlines fly there. Try http://www.thaifly.com/ I see bkk to La $ 555.00+ tax round trip . I am sure you can catch a connecting flight to Denver from there for very little money , thaifly.com might be able to arange it for you if you call them, or you might try one of the websites like travelocity , or expedia, etc. they are having some great sales on domestic flights

Good Luck

I've never thought of United as cheap, so I doubt it. Yes, go to a coastal hub, first, then get a flight on Southwest or something to Denver. Flying from Bangkok, I've always found contacting travel agents is best. I use April Travel and have always been happy with Ping's service (one of the agents), if she's still there. Google them and I think you'll find them.

I always used Eva to Seattle (easy transfer/immigration) and whatever was cheapest from there to Denver. Frontier/Alaska/United I believe are the players.

If using Eva always found local travel agent cheaper than on-line reservation service or Eva direct.

Edited by lopburi3

I always used Eva to Seattle (easy transfer/immigration) and whatever was cheapest from there to Denver. Frontier/Alaska/United I believe are the players.

If using Eva always found local travel agent cheaper than on-line reservation service or Eva direct.

Quote I have in hand from EVA to Portland, OR via Seattle is baht 48,000 economy class, including all the taxes, fuel surcharge, etc, NOT a published fare on the BKK Post travel page. Ouch!! That's about $1,370 at today's rate!!

50th high school reunion this year, sure would like to make it.

Mac

Because Denver is a United hub, and they have a flight NRT-DEN, I'd at least check into flying UA.

They have a city ticket office on Silom that sells discounted tickets if your origin is BKK and each flight segment is on United metal -- the office is in a bank building between Chong Nonsi and Sala Daeng BTS, but I forget the name. I forget the address, building name and phone #s, but their email is [email protected]

I usually fly to the States on discounted business-class tickets that I get from them -- about 60% off or so. The economy-class discounts aren't nearly that good.

well flights on United are a whopping $5000+, according to their website! that's in economy!!!!!! orbitz had it for cheaper but they don't seem to accept credit cards with foreign billing addresses (rrrg). i will check out that place you mentioned ajc...

well flights on United are a whopping $5000+, according to their website! that's in economy!!!!!! orbitz had it for cheaper but they don't seem to accept credit cards with foreign billing addresses (rrrg). i will check out that place you mentioned ajc...

Try emailing United Thailand directly and see what kind of ticket they can offer. The problem with the cheapest airlines is you earn no usable frequent flyer miles. BKKSVC at united.com

She wants a cheap trip - don't believe she is interested in frequent flier miles.

I would check the adds in Bangkok Post and call who has the cheapest to the Coast - believe about 24k before tax/extra charges. Then check on-line for connecting ticket to Denver - see if travel agent can match or not.

I mentioned Eva to Seattle but my travel was for comfort rather than lowest cost. LAX will probably be the cheapest gateway.

I use TVAir at Emporium. Bucketshop prices without having to go to Khao Sarn Rd. You're rarely going to get lower prices buying from an airline's website. Bucketshops are the way to go, even when going business class and above.

:o

i found a one-way BKK to LA for 20,000b, connects to frontier airlines to denver for $79

Is that the flight via Phoenix? Took that many years ago and not bad but was late arriving Phoenix and that is a huge airport - connecting plane was at the other end of it - ran on moving walkways and they still had to re-open boarding doors to get on and store carry-on in belly of plane as no room inside cabin.

Denver, brrrrrr. In my novel, the main characters appear onstage at a Bon Jovi concert in January in Denver. The show is titled, Colder Than Hel1.

Actually Denver is very deceiving as it does not get much snow normally and even with the snow by noontime all you need is a sweater (or just a shirt inside a car). Most snow melts quickly. Amazing how warm it gets in the sunlight. At night it does get rather cold however - had to pick up a rental about 0100 one time (the coldest April day on record it was) and really froze until car got heated up. The only upside was got a Chrysler for the price of a compact being the last customer to arrive.

Edited by lopburi3

Indeed, Denver has amazing weather. As they say, "if you don't like the weather, wait 15 minutes, its bound to change"

I am curious as to why you are looking at a one way tho, girlx, if you are certain you are coming back to thailand within the 3 month period then a return ticket is always cheaper than a one way.

I use TVAir at Emporium. Bucketshop prices without having to go to Khao Sarn Rd. You're rarely going to get lower prices buying from an airline's website. Bucketshops are the way to go, even when going business class and above.

TVAir as in Thai Visa?

Sounds like full-fare to me. Not likely that you need to pay that. Check with their Bangkok office, as we've suggested (BKKSVC and BKKCTO at-united.com both go to the same office)... likely you can get a "V" fare in economy for much less -- I just did a fake booking, May 11 - August 11 for $1058, as follows:

UA 890 BKK-NRT, 06:50

UA 876 NRT-DEN, 16:50

UA 875 DEN-NRT, 08:30

UA 891 NRT-BKK, 18:30 (next day)

It was my first attempt, so there are likely many other days you could travel -- if the $5000 fare pops up, look for a link that says "fares found as low as $XXXX" and click that. If you just accept the default flight times, you may be selecting flights that only have full-fare available.

Also, the "D" fare (discounted business class) for this flight that BKKCTO can offer you will run about 130,000 baht (~$3700), but you won't be able to pull that up on the website.

I am curious as to why you are looking at a one way tho, girlx, if you are certain you are coming back to thailand within the 3 month period then a return ticket is always cheaper than a one way.

not sure yet what's going on... i could stay there anywhere from 1 month to a year... and most likely i would want to go to NY after and fly back from there... so to keep it simple i am getting a 1-way.

i will actually be staying in boulder... which has lovely weather. heard they were dumped on yesterday though, snowed in. most likely it has melted today and springlike weather as normal. it's funny how quickly it can change there.

not sure yet what's going on... i could stay there anywhere from 1 month to a year... and most likely i would want to go to NY after and fly back from there... so to keep it simple i am getting a 1-way.

i will actually be staying in boulder... which has lovely weather. heard they were dumped on yesterday though, snowed in. most likely it has melted today and springlike weather as normal. it's funny how quickly it can change there.

1-way tickets will nearly always price at the highest fares in their class of service: Y or B for coach class, C for business, F for first, whereas if you book roundtrip, you can get the discounted fares (depending on the itinerary).

Book a roundtrip ticket, pick a return date that's 300+ days out, and if you need to return earlier, pay the airline's fee ($150 on United) to change the return date, once you know what date you need to return.

Note that if you change the departure date, you'll need to refare, and usually that means a price increase. You can only change the return date without a refare, and you can only do that after you've traveled your first segment.

After you're there, you can change the return flight for only the "change" fee.

well, here is my ideal itinerary:

BKK- Denver leaving April 23

Denver to NY around Aug. 1

NY - BKK around Aug. 5 or so...

so not sure how to get the best deal because i am arriving in and leaving from different spots in the US?

Yep, couldn't see more than about 75' much of the day. The sun came out the next day and melted most of it. :-)

Good luck on your flight... you may need it. Tried pricing DEN to BKK a while back and the prices were insane. I think the prices have come down some since then though. You might consider Asiana to LAX. Connecting from LAX to DEN is usually inexpensive.

Later...

Don

The current price on Orbitz is $1,213 r/t BKK/LAX (using United) including tax for those dates. The price from LAX to DEN is $86. The price DEN/JFK is $166. The price JFK/LAX is $196. Total fare including all tax would be $1,661

Note on re-read you have a problem using Orbitz (just checked them at random). You should be able to obtain r/t ticket to LAX and onward flight to Denver from any local travel agent - then buy your DEN/NYC and NYC/LAX flights while you are in the US and have firm dates for travel.

Edited by lopburi3

well, here is my ideal itinerary:

BKK- Denver leaving April 23

Denver to NY around Aug. 1

NY - BKK around Aug. 5 or so...

so not sure how to get the best deal because i am arriving in and leaving from different spots in the US?

Using united.com with the "multi-city" option prices the "triangle" route at $1550, and I think you could play around and select different flights to get it cheaper, but this specific itinerary was $1550:

April 23: BKK/NRT UA 0890, NRT/DEN UA 0876

August 01: DEN/LGA UA 0358

August 05: JFK/BKK UA 0891

You could also book 2 separate trips:

Still pricing at $1058:

April 23: BKK/NRT UA 0890, NRT/DEN UA 0876

August 05: DEN/NRT UA 0875, NRT/BKK UA 0891

Pricing at $319 on united.com (but consider kayak.com or orbitz.com to find other airlines, and most accept "NYC" as a city code for LGA, EWR and JFK combined):

August 01: many options

August 04: many options

Another option, which you can price on your own:

April 23: BKK/NYC

August 05: NYC/BKK

edit (date & typo): April 23: NYC/DEN

August 01: DEN/NYC

If you have issues with Orbitz, try Kayak.com -- I think it's better anyway.

The current price on Orbitz is $1,213 r/t BKK/LAX (using United) including tax for those dates. The price from LAX to DEN is $86.

BKK/DEN is only $1058 on united.com...

Edited by ajc1970

thanks for the tips, i will play around a bit

edit: ah i see now, i kept getting a fare of $5k on united.com, but it looks like they present you with the highest fare first, and you have to hunt for the lowest one... sneaky! $1058 for a round trip BKK-DEN is a pretty good fare! i think i might take it!

Edited by girlx

United Airlines from BKK with stops in Narita (Tokyo) and Seattle. It leaves early in the morning from BKK.

Total flight time is about 24 hours.

I think you'll have to change planes both places. You can probably check your baggage straight thru.

Round trip fare is $1398 (including taxes)

Book your flight through Orbitz on-line.

I used a depature on 23 April and return on 1 August.

If the dates are different the fare might be a little more, but that was the cheapest I found.

This is single-person economy...if you want business class, you'll have to pay more.

Details:

United Flight 890 Departs: 6:50a Bangkok (BKK)

Arrives: 3:00p Narita (NRT)

Coach | Boeing 747-400 (Wide-body Jet) | 6h 10m | 2887 miles

Layover: Narita (NRT) for 1 hour 50 minutes

---------------------------------------------------------------------------

United Flight 876 Departs: 4:50p Narita (NRT)

Arrives: 9:30a Seattle/ Tacoma Intl (SEA)

Coach | Boeing 777 (Wide-body Jet) | 8h 40m | 4755 miles

Layover: Seattle/ Tacoma Intl (SEA) for 1 hour 42 minutes

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

United Flight 876 Departs: 11:12a Seattle/ Tacoma Intl (SEA)

Arrives: 2:49p Denver Inter­national (DEN)

Coach | Boeing 757-200 (Narrow-body Jet) | 2h 37m | 80% on time | 1021 miles

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Do the return yourself when you book.

:D

thanks for the tips, i will play around a bit

edit: ah i see now, i kept getting a fare of $5k on united.com, but it looks like they present you with the highest fare first, and you have to hunt for the lowest one... sneaky! $1058 for a round trip BKK-DEN is a pretty good fare! i think i might take it!

They quote to your time preference as the default. You can select by price instead or with flexible dates to look for the best combo.

United has fallen a lot in service lately, so don't expect it to be on time for the US domestic legs. Make sure there's a big enough window on the stop over. There shouldn't be so many issues during April and August, but I've recently had some flights delayed for non weather reasons. The international legs should be ok.

I Fly to BKK 4 or 5 times a year on United. I fly from Grand Junction via denver and on. I typically find air fairs for 1100-1400 depending on time. When you search, make sure to use to flexible days tab, this makes all the difference.

good luck

chris

i found that the best way was to visit the United Airlines office in Bangkok- they got me the best deal, i could pay with my credit card with the Thai billing address, and she even worked it out so i got window seats the whole way! i ended up just getting the BKK-DEN-BKK ticket for around 38000b- the cheapest ticket i have had going back to the states in years!