Tasteless California Fitness Ad?

Ozaemon

Just wondering,

does anyone else find that gigantic billboard ad of the unattractive Thai female celebrity showing off her cleavage (or lack of) at the Asoke/Sukhumvit intersection a little distasteful?

Before this current one there was the California Fitness billboard advertising pole dancing lessons. Wonder what goes on during their marketing meetings.

post-74480-1238131715_thumb.jpg

post-74480-1238132175_thumb.jpg

Edited by Ozaemon

Just wondering,

does anyone else find that gigantic billboard ad of the unattractive Thai female celebrity showing off her cleavage (or lack of) at the Asoke/Sukhumvit intersection a little distasteful?

Before this current one there was the California Fitness billboard advertising pole dancing lessons. Wonder what goes on during their marketing meetings.

I think it is smart - within soi 23 to soi 4 you have a captive audience of potential 'lifetime' pole dancers. :o

Just wondering,

I think it is smart - within soi 23 to soi 4 you have a captive audience of potential 'lifetime' pole dancers. :o

lol

What's wrong with pole dancing lessons? Very common thing to do at gyms now in the West and I think they are just picking up on that. It's actually a great workout and many women love as it is good exercise and makes them feel confident and sexy.

What's wrong with pole dancing lessons? Very common thing to do at gyms now in the West and I think they are just picking up on that. It's actually a great workout and many women love as it is good exercise and makes them feel confident and sexy.

couldn't agree more, power to the poles I say!

Unattrative LOL get some new glasses DUDE maybe your a Homosexual which would explain it

I think it would depend on your definition of "attractive".

Their features are certainly attractive, but I think the pole dancing ones look a bit slutty...so I don't find them attractive. The chick in the other photo...cool!

From undercutting sales associates commissions and forcing them to engage in predatorial marketing solicitation techniques, to displaying nearly-complete lack of care about current members ( ex. shutting down A/C 1.5 hrs early during open hours, cutting back open hours, not offering complete towel service at some facilities and NO towel service at others, music levels that override headphones etc. etc.) the company is about making money.

Clubs in Korea closed the day after selling lifetime memberships.

The management level has a high turnover rate with most managers being shuffled around to different facilities and even in different countries thereby inhibiting their growth and personal involvement in helping a facility be the best it could be.

It is owned mostly by Major (Poolvaraluck family), which means that they can afford not to care.

I don't give too much of a hoot about the ads.  I like the equipment, the convenience (for me), and the hot, strong showers.

However, I have to say that I think Fitness First has a better ad campaign. showing real members instead of celebs.

Ofource there in the business to make money, I mean there not running a charity

And how do you suppose they are going to make any money with these 5k - 10k lifetime memberships they're offering everyone these days?

If I they keep the doors open past June I'll be amazed.

And how do you suppose they are going to make any money with these 5k - 10k lifetime memberships they're offering everyone these days?

By selling lifetime memberships to people who show up two or three times before realizing they don't have the discipline to continue.  That is the lifeblood of these gyms.  After I joined California fitness, my buddy decided he wanted to get more cut, so he joined and got four other lifetimememberships for his kids and one other person.  So that is five memberships.  The kids have never gone, and he and his friend went maybe five or six times.

I would be curious as to what percentage of new members actually use the facilities, say, a year after they joined.

You will be amazed if the make it past June??????????

California wow are still making huge profits and is showing no signs of even being close to being in trouble, I have no idea why people think they are in trouble when they are actually making more money now then they were before.

Also like another poster said, most people dont go and alot will buy it now as its cheap to use it in the future.

Also California wow might be opening another branch in Bangkok in 2011, doesnt sounds like a company that is going to close its doors in June as you say.

Or do you mean June 2050?

Today on SET.

Ref: NSET 007/2552

Subject: Clarify news from Koahoon newspaper

To: The President

The Stock Exchange of Thailand

Refer to news from Koahoon newspaper on 30 March 2009 that specified

that California WOW Xperience Public Company Limited (the Company) is

negotiating a new partnership.

The Company would like to clarify that the Company has not entered

into any negotiation (s) for a new partnership as reported in the Koahoon

newspaper.

Please be informed accordingly.

Yours sincerely,

Mr. William Alan Dobson

(Executive Vice President, Chief Financial Officer)

California wow are still making huge profits and is showing no signs of even being close to being in trouble, I have no idea why people think they are in trouble when they are actually making more money now then they were before.

Also like another poster said, most people dont go and alot will buy it now as its cheap to use it in the future.

Also California wow might be opening another branch in Bangkok in 2011, doesnt sounds like a company that is going to close its doors in June as you say.

"...still making huge profits"... they lost more than 120 million baht in the 31 Dec 2008 year as reported to the SET(http://www.settrade.com/simsImg/news/2009/09005233.e09). The Q1 2009 financial resulta should be released in abit over 1 month. Look forward to seeing whether they have made a huge turnaround in financial performance then.

:D:D:D:D

I bet your 8k baht lifetime membership will get you in there too. What a deal! :o

sex sells!

Yes it does.

Love ur avatar :o

it sure does but couldn't they have gotten someone that doesn't look like a halfway lady boy?

well, if I understand it correctly, maybe this is a reason for the relatively high gay demographic or those attracted to LB's?

sex sells!

Yes it does.

Love ur avatar :o

it sure does but couldn't they have gotten someone that doesn't look like a halfway lady boy?

well, if I understand it correctly, maybe this is a reason for the relatively high gay demographic or those attracted to LB's?

Ah! Genius observation!