For English Press '9'

niller74

After calling TT&T several times over the past years, I have totally lost confidence in that they will ever make their Internet work properly. They cannot even make their telephone system work.

When you call, some woman will tell you to press '9' for English only to be redirected to another Thai speaking machine. Most people are quite frustrated with their service when they call 1103 only to get even more.

So here is a good idea: LEARN THAI!! :o (Might as well say it myself, before some smart@$$ reply with it).

Where exactly did you read I was looking for sympathy?

Try to read my post again, slowly if needed.

Indeed OP - there is a problem with some people's reading skill set - I've even tried typing slowly as I know they can't read very quickly but I never helps.

I experienced the same problem many times with their hotline.Later I figured out that if you press the 9 before the voice stops speaking it will work.Have to agree that if they even can get their own service number working properly it promises for the other services.

No sympathy really, try pressing 9 for Thai when in England.

And how many Thai speakers are there in England?

Apples and oranges. Most of the world can communicate in English so it serves much more than one nationality.

Apples and oranges. Most of the world can communicate in English so it serves much more than one nationality.

NO NO,Thai is a world language.At least that's what the Thais think,they forget that someone from North,south and north-east of thailand already have difficulty's to understand each other.

Plenty, not to mention Indian, Bangladeshi, Polish etc. Learn the host country language it's not hard, makes your life so much easier.

Plenty, not to mention Indian, Bangladeshi, Polish etc. Learn the host country language it's not hard, makes your life so much easier.

It's not the point how many nationality's are living in a country.The point is that english is worldwide accepted at the number 1 language for business and other uses.I'm not native english but I accept that if I want to communicate somewhere out of my country that I have to learn a woldwide used language and don't expect everyone understands my native language.

The annoyance is not only the fact that the offered service (English) is not available, but those automatic replay machines and call centers as such.

Whenever I have no other option but calling, I try to get through to a human as fast as I can as I refuse to communicate with those machines. Most call center employees are unfortunately also a waste of oxygen and have no clue what their employer's business is all about. Advice for the wise: Try to get through to the supervisors, they usually have a rough overview about their business.

True Mobile seems to have the same problem with their voicemail line.... They have the "9 for English" prompt as well, but I often seem to get Thai language recordings instead. Maybe need to try the advice rendered above...that one needs to press 9 BEFORE the woman's voice stops.... I don't think I've tried that before...

^Yeah, you're right. However, if you've selected "9" an English operator will answer, despite the next menu being recited in Thai (just hit any number if you can't understand the menu - "1" is usually going to be your best bet).

Edit: I mean English-speaking. An English operator is probably unlikely.

Edited by MKAsok

I experienced the same problem many times with their hotline.Later I figured out that if you press the 9 before the voice stops speaking it will work.Have to agree that if they even can get their own service number working properly it promises for the other services.

Same problem with a few numbers....Maybe TT&T explained them how to do.....