Transfer Money From Thailand To The Uk.

Hi.

I have a Thai savings account (Kasikorn) and am currently in the UK. I need the money over here at the moment rather than leaving it in Thailand. Does any one know the best way of doing this? I know there are options such as wiring the money over between the banks and Western Union but I am concerned about charges and fees etc.

I'd appreciate any advice.

Regards,

Matthew. :o

Edited by Matthew31140

I have a Thai savings account (Kasikorn) and am currently in the UK. I need the money over here at the moment rather than leaving it in Thailand. Does any one know the best way of doing this? I know there are options such as wiring the money over between the banks and Western Union but I am concerned about charges and fees etc.

It depends... The cheapest and fastest way is the ATM next to you... Up to the limit per day you have with your bank...

It depends... The cheapest and fastest way is the ATM next to you... Up to the limit per day you have with your bank...

Thanks. I will have to find out if they charge much on withdrawals.

I think they charge you about THB100 each withdrawal + probably 1,5 - 2,0% currency profit. Not sure how much you can withdraw each time in the UK, but would imagine something like GBP200-GBP300

Wire transfers out of Thailand is a bit of hassle, and I would be surprised if they accept any instructions per phone, fax or e-mail. And they probably charge you at least THB500 ++

In order to transfer the proceeds of the sale of say a condo out of Thailand you need The Tor Tor3 you got when you brought the funds in and the document often referred to as the "Contract' issued by the land office when the condo is transferred which has the money received from the sale on it. (Though of course what you actually need varies from day to day).

All this I am told to prevent the laundering or plain sending drugs money out of the country.

It therefore seems to me pretty unlikely any farang could walk into a Thai bank and send any substantial amount of money out, though I believe having a work permit helps as that can be the source of legitimate funds. :o

Edited by spacebass