Sorting Files

Niloc

I listen to audio books downloaded from various sites such as AudioBooksForFree.com. I store them on the computer them transfer the files to my MP3 player when I want to listen.

The files are named such as '????? 01_25.mp3' where '???? is the book name, and ' 01_25' means file 1 of 25.

Part of the loading process onto the MP3 involves 'sorting' but the files are not played in the sorted order, I would expect '???? 01-25' to play first followed by '???? 02_25', '???? 03_25' etc as if sorted by file number but they are played in indiscriminate order!

I have tried renaming them '111', '222','333' but it makes no difference, neither does 'AAA','BBB', 'aaa'.'bbb' or anything else, I simply cannot figure the criteria use to sort the files.

Any ideas??

Colin

I listen to audio books downloaded from various sites such as AudioBooksForFree.com. I store them on the computer them transfer the files to my MP3 player when I want to listen.

The files are named such as '????? 01_25.mp3' where '???? is the book name, and ' 01_25' means file 1 of 25.

Part of the loading process onto the MP3 involves 'sorting' but the files are not played in the sorted order, I would expect '???? 01-25' to play first followed by '???? 02_25', '???? 03_25' etc as if sorted by file number but they are played in indiscriminate order!

I have tried renaming them '111', '222','333' but it makes no difference, neither does 'AAA','BBB', 'aaa'.'bbb' or anything else, I simply cannot figure the criteria use to sort the files.

Any ideas??

Colin

Check the MP3 player and be sure its not in random mode.  It should play a playlist in order.

I finally found the website, my MP3 does have a 'random' mode but I cannot discover how to turn it off. It is an ilo but no information on the website and of course no documentation!

I have formatted it so will see if that makes any difference!!

Colin

I finally found the website, my MP3 does have a 'random' mode but I cannot discover how to turn it off. It is an ilo but no information on the website and of course no documentation!

I have formatted it so will see if that makes any difference!!

Colin

A model number would help....