Driving Habits

damian

so littlegoat has found a new moniker

Really .... I'm sure it's former member 'Syl'. Thought 'little goat' was now 'canadian monkey'.... ???

He hasn't denied he's that nuisance Syl, but then again, he hasn't denied he's that pest littlegoat either.

As to driving, I had an accident quite a while ago. I had to pay, of course, despite the fact that the Thai woman riding the motor cycle came barreling out of a soi into the main road (200/Ratuthit). At the PS, where we were negotiating compensation, she said to the BiB that she wanted to include my payment of a rental bike each day until her own one is repaired. I said to the inspector, 'But she hasn't got a licence, how can she claim that?' To which he replied, 'No problem, she pay fine for not licence, but every day she have get to work.' After I made sufficient noise about it, and the fact that she had come out of a side street (evidently without looking), she finally dropped that part of the claim.

Lesson: Licences (like most other laws in LoS) are not considered a road safety strategy, they are seen merely as a minor incentive to avoid the payment of occcasional fines/tea money. I'm damned sure that's how the BiB view them, as well. Is there any wonder the roads are in such chaos? In Oz, when I'm driving, it doesn't enter my head that there is a potential accident waiting around every corner. In LoS, I have near misses almost every day. The one that finally caught up with me (the motorcyclist darting out of a side street into traffic without looking) is probably one of the major concerns, followed by cars pulling out of parking spots without looking (they probably use their rearviews, but never seem to turn their heads around in case traffic is in a blind spot). Overtaking and then cutting in probably ranks third. Then there are motorcycles in sois on the wrong side/in the middle of the soi, motorcycles surrounding you at intersections, motorcycles blocking you into your parking spot and locking their steering... gawd, the list goes on forever. TiT.

Speaking of which, did anyone see the burned car at the top of the hill across from Soi Mangosteen in Rawai?

Man, they have a cheery picker and a crane out there.

Having just taken my Thai Drivers License Test in Pattaya, I have to ask:

Why do they even waste money printing them out?

Why do they waste money painting the lines on the roads?

I drive a Modified Vigo, with big tires and an iron bumber.

Helmets won't save these people. Getting there bike stolen and having to walk will!

todd

Really .... I'm sure it's former member 'Syl'. Thought 'little goat' was now 'canadian monkey'.... ???

He hasn't denied he's that nuisance Syl, but then again, he hasn't denied he's that pest littlegoat either.

Same ignoramous.

He thinks he is going to get a rise out of me by calling me a "middle class low life" and also by saying I have a bargirl wife. Second one for sure is wrong, first one half is wrong ( I will not deny I'm a middle class working stiff), definitely not low life, I throw that middle class baht around with the best of them !

But I do feel sorry for littlegoat aka syl, aka whatever, to think you have to open up new handles because you're such a goof on a forum. I have a feeling he has no friends and his wannabe "upper class" Thai girlfriend shuts him down as much as all the western women did where he comes from. Classic inferiority complex.

Same ignoramous.

He thinks he is going to get a rise out of me by calling me a "middle class low life" and also by saying I have a bargirl wife. Second one for sure is wrong, first one half is wrong ( I will not deny I'm a middle class working stiff), definitely not low life, I throw that middle class baht around with the best of them !

But I do feel sorry for littlegoat aka syl, aka whatever, to think you have to open up new handles because you're such a goof on a forum. I have a feeling he has no friends and his wannabe "upper class" Thai girlfriend shuts him down as much as all the western women did where he comes from. Classic inferiority complex.

It's definitely Syl. He hasn't got enough intelligence to make himself sound like someone else, he even makes the same typos! He is obviously a desperately lonely and pathetic man, whose life in Thailand went tits up, and he now makes himself feel better by slagging off the place that rejected him, and slagging off the people who are all very happy, and have lives that he so desperately wishes he could have. He said in a previous thread that he is in Phuket and his family are in England. (I suspect it was a lie and the truth is that he is in England as well and isn't in a financial position to live in Phuket) But if it was true then what kind of man lives on the other side of the world to his family. Mind you they're probably glad to see the back of him as well. My point is (and I'm guilty of this right now) is that by going off topic to reply to this retard, and to slag him off is giving him the attention and the acknowledgment he so desperately craves. The solution is, whenever you see his name, scroll down past the post, without reading it and continue with the next normal persons post and the conversation stays on topic and saddo gets even more lonely and depressed and maybe decides to put himself out of his own misery.

.. theres nothing classy about issan)

You crossed the line on that one. My best Thai friend lives there now and he's the guy that drove me around on his motorbike for the past year. The safest guy I have ever been with. What the F do you know about class? My friend has gone home to take care of his parents who are in their 80's. He's given up a job to start all over. That's class. I could leave my wallet out and he'd never steal from me no matter how hard up he was, and he was, because he was the one paying for the parents. That's class.

dam_n you. You just can't spout off with idiotic hatred like that. Don't know who the hel_l you think you are but if you want to get into hiso comparisons, the turd I flushed this morning has more class than you.

I flew back from BKK yesterday and aside from my taxi tailgating in the rain I nearly crapped my pants as this gigantic truck came up behind us as we climbed the death hill to get into Patong and the bugger was blasting his horn. Thought for sure I'd end up squashed. The truck left the scooters scattering for their lives. Did give me an opportunity to notice a billboard for some club announcing Girls Girls Girls. Figures now that I sort of have a girlfriend.