sabaijai

• Replies 623
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Facts to support:

"In a shocking revelation the network has captured the ‘doctors on camera’ being interviewed and accepting money to perform amputation surgeries on limbs of perfectly healthy children and adults - so that they can be made a cripple and become a high earning beggar."

http://www.bio-medicine.org/medicine-news/...-Part--12794-1/

This really happens. I am not making it up.

Facts to support:

"In a shocking revelation the network has captured the 'doctors on camera' being interviewed and accepting money to perform amputation surgeries on limbs of perfectly healthy children and adults - so that they can be made a cripple and become a high earning beggar."

Used to be fairly common in Thailand, not so much anymore. Still common in India.

I wonder if that Dutch guy that begs on the Skytrain has considered a limb amputation to boost his coffers, althout he's probably raking in a few thousand a day as it is.

A strange World, where a Westerner begging in Thailand can make a dam_n sight more than a local. No doubt the colour of his skin is an asset in his profession.

Edited by Oberkommando

Facts to support:

"In a shocking revelation the network has captured the ‘doctors on camera’ being interviewed and accepting money to perform amputation surgeries on limbs of perfectly healthy children and adults - so that they can be made a cripple and become a high earning beggar."

How about facts to support, when you make bulls*&^ statements, like "It is a known fact.....about yellows bombing themselves to get sympathy"??? I was standing less than 10 feet away from the spot, where the poor woman got killed by a grenade launched in through the top of the tent at Government house, less than 48 hours before it happened. For all I know, it might have been one of the people offering me a place to sit down with them, when I was standing there.

These where people who believed in the their cause, right or wrong, depending on opinion, but they where there because they cared about their King and Country. Then some cowards launch in granades from the distance and you claim, that it is a known fact that the yellows did it themselves.

To hear people like you, making such outragous statements about the PAD, while reading your Christian 1. Corinthians Tagline in the post, makes me wonder what planet you are from??? Good thing I am not a religious person, so I don't have to love people like you YUK

Facts to support:

You may know or don't know this forum is about Thailand not India.

I was standing less than 10 feet away from the spot, where the poor woman got killed by a grenade launched in through the top of the tent at Government house, less than 48 hours before it happened. For all I know, it might have been one of the people offering me a place to sit down with them, when I was standing there.

What on Earth are you doing getting yourself mixed up in a militant protest in a foreign country for anyway?

wXCmv0d.jpg

Sunisa overcomes fear of loss of dignity to pen 2nd Thaksin book

Lt Sunisa Lertpakawat, author of "Thaksin Where Are You?" has launched a new book, "Thaksin Are You OK?".

Tearfully, she talks to The Nation's Kornchanok Raksaseri and Budsarakham Sinlapalavan, and insists she did not take money from the former PM to write the book.

Why did you decide to write a second book?

I have a journalist's spirit. And I had a book. Some fans want to read my book. I always look for a chance to write a new book. In the meantime, my reporter friend knew I was affected by the consequences after writing my first book and said to me, "Haven't you found your pen?" Then I asked myself what I was doing. I was overwhelmed with sadness and fear. At the same time I suffered when I watched TV and read newspapers seeing my friends doing the job I was no longer in a position to do.

So when Thaksin said OK, he allowed me to interview him, I wanted to write the new book.

So who did start the project, you or Thaksin?

It was my desire to write the new book. So I contacted him [saying] I wanted to interview him for the second book. I contacted him many times. He did not say OK in the first place, saying he was busy.

Why have you released your book now that Thaksin is aggressively attacking his enemies? Was that planned or a coincidence?

It was a coincidence. I released the book at this time because the national book fair is held at this time each year. It has nothing to do with Thaksin's political fight.

By the timing, some people see you as working for Thaksin. Do you work for him?

I started from zero. I never had any privilege or shortcuts in my life. I worked hard by myself and now I am here working for the Army. I am proud. So I suffer every time people say I accept Thaksin's money.

I can make money from my book.

Why do I have to trade my dignity with money from Thaksin?

Thaksin has given me enough by allowing me to interview him for my book. I would be ashamed to accept his money in addition to that.

I am a writer and my duty is to write about people in the book so that readers can find the information useful to them and the country.

Thaksin is a character in Thai politics. We should know his thinking so we can analyse trends in Thai politics. I have my duty in only passing on information to the readers. That's it. There is no hidden thing.

Did you realise your writing would play some role in Thai politics?

If I didn't believe the information in the book was useful to the country, I wouldn't have written the book. Thaksin is an active character in politics, [and] his role certainly has an effect on politics. It depends on how readers will make use of the book.

Have you overcome the fear that occurred after your first book?

Although it was painful over the past two years, now I am stronger. It's like I walked through fire before. Now I know how hot it is and I am ready to tackle obstacles and walk through it again. I want to do my job.

I also understand myself, others and the world more. Now I have crossed the line of fear.

When I was fearful, my imagination was away and that was really awful. Now my imagination and motivation to write a book again have come back.

Have you ever considered resigning from the military?

Serving the army is one of my pride. It's also my family's pride. I respect the army and I see the virtue of being an army officer.

Both of my jobs (as military officer and writer) support each other and I can contribute to the country through both jobs. Now I have no major assignment at the army. But if one day I will be busy working for the military, I will have to do my best for the job as it is my main job. I will have to manage time well to write, though.

How will you describe your relationship with the red shirts?

I am always being posed with such questions. I personally think being red shirt or yellow shirt is not a big deal. Both groups have goodwill for the country. They might only believe in different means [to achieve it].

Some people are concerned that the country is divided into many colours, but I think they are the beauty of … it shows Thais nowadays participate in politics more.

The point is how will country have common rules that are fair to both groups. That would be a political development that strengthens democracy.

Regarding your own position, are you a Thaksin supporter?

My status and my role are just a writer who writes about Thaksin. It was because I could contact him and have a chance to interview him and I pass on the story to readers. My duty is finished now.

I'm not involved with [the red shirts].

What important lessons did you learn from writing your first book?

Firstly, my views and angles in talking to Khun Thaksin for the first book were not wide and did not cover enough. I lacked experience last time.

For the new book I have done my homework [about] what was missing in the last book and I filled [this new information] into the new book.

I also had limited chances to interview Thaksin for the first book. Just two times. The information is less deep. This time I had a chance to follow him to places, so I have many anecdotes to write for my book.

Do you have a third book planned?

I'm writing the book. I am not a very good writer, so the exclusiveness of the information for my book will be the selling point of my book. The person must be hard to reach and must interest all people. I believe all people in the country want to know how the person is doing.

I can't tell you much as I don't know when the book will be finished and it will take a while [yet].

- The Nation / 2009-04-03

Edited by sriracha john

Have you ever considered resigning from the military?

Serving the army is one of my pride. It's also my family's pride. I respect the army and I see the virtue of being an army officer.

Both of my jobs (as military officer and writer) support each other and I can contribute to the country through both jobs. Now I have no major assignment at the army. But if one day I will be busy working for the military, I will have to do my best for the job as it is my main job. I will have to manage time well to write, though.

It would seem prudent for Sunisa to resign her commission. Then she can do whatever she wants unfettered. Militaries the world over have strict rules on what the commissioned and enlisted can do that always go beyond restrictions placed on civilians. That is the nature of militaries. Leave and proceed with a journalistic career in the Thaksin camp is probably a viable option for her. To stay in the military and break the rules is silly and may result in penalties that can be avoided by leaving. At best it becomes a mere political stunt and that is worrying as the red side have abandoned a few foot soldiers when they got themselves into trouble.

sorry hammered, she still lacks that sort of insight

I'm not involved with [the red shirts].

or honesty, for that matter...

The red shirt DTV television channel to be launched with shows to include:

"Democracy Classroom" co-hosted by former PPP MP and current PTP MP Sunai Jullapongtorn and Lieutenant Sunisa Lertpakawat, author of "Thaksin Where Are You?";

410.jpgsunisa.jpg

Certainly was nice to see Abhisit up there with Obama, Brown, etc... Looked great and projected an image of the leader that Thailand needs. Would you rather have had Charlerm, Somchai, Samak, Surayud, Thaksin, or any of the the parade of favorites up there?

Samak and Obama - Oh the Humanity....

Charlerm and Gordon Brown - Sounds good doesn't it?

Who would you rather see representing the country. Do you really want Charlerm in charge? I have never heard any TV red shirt answer that question. They avoid, sidestep, dance around, mumble, everything accept answer that question. Is Charlerm the man Thailand needs as a leader? Because that is the only other choice at the moment.

Answer that question.

Certainly was nice to see Abhisit up there with Obama, Brown, etc... Looked great and projected an image of the leader that Thailand needs. Would you rather have had Charlerm, Somchai, Samak, Surayud, Thaksin, or any of the the parade of favorites up there?

Who would you rather see representing the country. Do you really want Charlerm in charge? I have never heard any TV red shirt answer that question. They avoid, sidestep, dance around, mumble, everything accept answer that question. Is Charlerm the man Thailand needs as a leader? Because that is the only other choice at the moment.

Answer that question.

I rather have Chalerm's son. You know him. That guy who spent an extended vacation from Cambodia to Malaysia. To me, he is redder than the Reds. This bunch of red amateurs can learn from him.

Women like that can turn anyone into a misogynist.

and why is that or are you just making a cheap shot ?

she answered the questions openly, seems nice enough. i bet you wouldnt kick her out of bed for farting.

Right now it looks likeposters on TV are morelikely to tear each other apart than anyone is likely totear the country apart.

Back on subject it appears some taking a stepnback is going on by both sides which probably indicates at elast some pre-negotiation is going on. Negotiation is still the best way out unless one is an advocate of death and violence. It is just a matter of sides playing their hands and is complicated by the fact that both sides have factions and groups that have different aims, so if a deal is done there will be sonme unhappy on both sides.

The elected PM then which was the choice of the people was illegally removed by a coup.

The 'choice of the people' which includes vote buying and rigging...hmmm an interesting addition to the definition of Democracy. I recall, Saddam has always obtained 90%+ votes in Iraq's elections. He was the choice of the people as well. Did Thailand protest on what was done to him - by the so called Defender of Democracy?

Answer that question.

Nobody care to answer? Can't say that surprises me. In reality, all of the debate about the coup, illegal activities, etc. is meaningless. The only thing that truly matters to most people is the present and the future. Charlerm doesn't seem to inspire people to rush to his defense, and nobody wants to see him in charge of the country. So, what is all the fighting about? Thaksin's money.

Answer that question.

Nobody care to answer? Can't say that surprises me. In reality, all of the debate about the coup, illegal activities, etc. is meaningless. The only thing that truly matters to most people is the present and the future. Charlerm doesn't seem to inspire people to rush to his defense, and nobody wants to see him in charge of the country. So, what is all the fighting about? Thaksin's money.

On top of that, let's just imagine for a second the protests last weekend were successful, Abhsit was ditched and Thaksin was quickly ushered put in place as a PM.

smoking-smiley-5427.gif

Would he Thaksin qualify for a visa to go to the G20?

Answer that question.

Surayud didn't look so bad, he doesn't deserve to be in the list with the others.

Samak when speaking english and getting angry :o I can imagine when he gets angry with Obama :D :D

But Samak was OK when meeting the Myanmar generals.

Chalerm and Berlusconi could be good friends.....AND for sure he would agree for a free trade agreement for Italien wine.

I vote for Chalerm (and the wine!)

Thaksin ready to hold talk with Suthep: Pongthep

Pongthep Thepkanchana, a personal spokesman of Thaksin Shinawatra, said Friday morning that the former prime minister was willing to hold a talk with Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban.

Pongthep told TNN News Station on UBC that Thaksin was willing to do anything for the sake of the national interests.

Thaksin ready to hold talk with Suthep: Pongthep

Pongthep Thepkanchana, a personal spokesman of Thaksin Shinawatra, said Friday morning that the former prime minister was willing to hold a talk with Deputy Prime Minister Suthep Thaugsuban.

Pongthep told TNN News Station on UBC that Thaksin was willing to do anything for the sake of the national interests.

And at the top of 'National Interests', cancel all charges against me and return my money.

I was standing less than 10 feet away from the spot, where the poor woman got killed by a grenade launched in through the top of the tent at Government house, less than 48 hours before it happened. For all I know, she might have been one of the people offering me a place to sit down with them, when I was standing there.

What on Earth are you doing getting yourself mixed up in a militant protest in a foreign country for anyway?

Home is where I hang my hat ;-) I am not a Thai Citizen, but I have been a Thai resident for several years now and like many of you, who live here, I care about this country, it's people, it's political systems...

We may not agree, on what is right for Thai People, but I think most of us want the best for them. If Thai People are happy, well fed and provided with decent social programs, it will make their lives much easier, they will be happier and in turn, it also makes it a happier place for us expats to live.

Personally, I stand against things like slavery, 20% per month interest, money lending thugs, sexual abuse, physical abuse of women (or anyone else for that matter). I will oppose any government, who tolerates such actions, which made me a part of opposing the TRT, PPP governments.

I am not saying, that I I believe that things will change overnight, but just like with cancer, you remove it, hope you got it all and if you didn't, you just have to go in and remove it again, until it's all gone. Standing by and letting it fester, is not an option I choose.

There may be many governments coming and going, before some of these things change for the better. Hopefully it won't take too long though. Either way, People will have to keep fighting against abuse and human rights violations and I choose to be one of those people.

It is encouraging, to see many other people in these forums, who really care. We may not always agree on what is best for Thailand's poor and abused, but at least we care and that's the starting point.

As far as beggars go, here is what I think....in Thailand, most of them wouldn't be out there begging, if they didn't need to (I'm talking about Thai people now, not foreigners taking advantage of the generousity of Thai People). So if I see, that they have a disability, that is stopping them from working, I will politely give them a few baht.

The other day, I walked by a man, about my age, or a little bit younger,with his leg missing and the wound all infected and not taken care off. I gave him 20 Baht. Next day, I seen him again, with a brand new bandage on his stump. Maybe he gets to keep all the money, maybe there is some mafia loan shark waiting around the corner, who knows. I all know is, that if we don't help, nothing will change. I'm hoping, that with the money, his life became a little bit better for a while.

Same goes for being political/social activists. If nobody does anything, nothing will get better.

Now, I realize, that we can't help everybody and we can't be involved in every social cause, but doing something, somtimes, is better than doing nothing at all. There are benefits, too. It made me feel good, seeing the guy with a new bandage the next day and it also made me feel good, when the PPP Government had to step down, after it failed to bend the Charter to their liking, because the masses holding them acountable (along with other influences)

Answer that question.

I think Abhisit makes a good person to have out there, promoting Thailand and Thailand's interests. I also think (and hope), that he has more of a social conscience than Thakin. Time will tell. He speaks excellent English, which is nice.

Now lets see, if he and his party will attack some of the social cancers. For example the 20% per month interest money lenders. I still have my doubts there but then again, just because Thaksin and Abhisit don't change it, doesn't mean that he can't make a little bit of change for the better and later, when we toss him out, too, maybe the next government will adress some of these issues ;-)

Sure would nice to see something done soon, so this country can have some political stability. Meanwhile, as long as the rich are robbing and oppressing the poor, nothing will change. Unrest will continue. No Justice - No Peace!

The reds might air legitimate grievances against the tratitional hierarchial structure, but where have they been when Thaksin was in power?

He elevated the ass kissing to the art form, his regime was the worst when it came to nepotism and chronyism and special sets of rules for the privileged and disregard for competency and merits and voices from below.

There was absolutely no law that Thaksin and his bunch were willing to subject themselves, they acted with absolute impunity and publicly justified corruption and stealing.

And now we are asked to believe that his fans cannot tolerate this anymore as a matter of principle?

Yeah, right.

Sure would nice to see something done soon, so this country can have some political stability. Meanwhile, as long as the rich are robbing and oppressing the poor, nothing will change. Unrest will continue. No Justice - No Peace!

This happens in EVERY country. Thailand doesn't have the monopoly on rich people screwing over the poor.

None of this argy bargy has anything to do with righting that perceived wrong (and capitalist countries function perfectly well with that divide in any case), in Thailand the fuss is only about which group gets to do it.

The people behind the Reds don't give a monkey's about the poor - save as a component of their will to power.

Chuan insisted not knowing about this fact, being a shareholder in this very Cooperative!

What do you mean by shareholder? He became a shareholder only when he was given that share he probably never looked at again in his life. The value was 10,000 baht, I believe.

Yes, isn't this a scandal?

His dishonesty not enough to topple the government?

I just wanted to show how it started a couple of years ago... what then was

a "crime" enough for a censure debate..and look at how things have escalated,

to which extend!

Then a gift of a mere 10.000 Baht, by 2006 billions raked in by the "savior of the nation"!

And everybody who dared to open his mouth was either sacked, sued for hundreds of millions or declared " Persona non grata"!

That's all! :o