Bells Bus

pewter

My wife and I used this service March 16th on the 7pm bus.

The journey took 1 hour 20mins including stretches at 90 mph ( 144 kph )

We were sat in the front seat so could clearly see the speedo, the other two passengers

in the adjoining front seats complained to the driver who did slow down for the last five

miles.

We were mostly in the fast lane and one time, our driver forced a car out of the lane by

speeding right up his ar*e...scary stuff, never again.

I like the Bus service myself, its well worth 150 bt, maybe the driver was in a bad mood, its always been fine for me. Perhaps you should take the Taxi next time, you get what you pay for i suppose.

The cost is now 200baht. but excellent value-sorry about hairy ride,maybe the driver was rushing for a date :o ???????????

Thai speedos don't have MPH or if they d othen it will be much smaller print.

If you could see 90mph then you would surely have written that it was going at 140kph. Sorry but I think you might be exaggerating a bit or just misinformed.

Remember divide by 5 times by 8 and vice versa.

How do we know the speedometer in this bus was accurate?

OP said that he ran right up to the back of a car and forced them out of the way. This is pretty common in LOS and in most places. If you drive in the fast lane you had better keep up with the flow or get out of the way.

I have used Bell several times both to and from the airport and pattaya. Can't beat the price. Has to be safer than a taxi at any speed. At night, of course the bus is not running so on those late arrivals a taxi is about your only option. But during the day, take the bus. Why spend 1300 baht when you could spend 150? You don't get there any faster in a taxi, in fact it usually takes you longer as they sometimes stop for gas or some other silly thing.

A poster just said the price is up to 200 baht now. Well, still 1000 baht less than a taxi. That is several days of foot massages.

My wife and I used this service March 16th on the 7pm bus.

The journey took 1 hour 20mins including stretches at 90 mph ( 144 kph )

We were sat in the front seat so could clearly see the speedo, the other two passengers

in the adjoining front seats complained to the driver who did slow down for the last five

miles.

We were mostly in the fast lane and one time, our driver forced a car out of the lane by

speeding right up his ar*e...scary stuff, never again.

Yep - welcome to Thailand :o

I like the Bell bus.

The Bell bus costs 200 baht now. There is another service that goes from the airport to Jomtien. I agree that the Bell Bus Service does speed, perhaps at 70 mph, but I still reckon it is safer than taking a taxi.

Incidentally, last time I used Bell Buses, the bus was full of about 80% Indians and they kept walking up to the driver and moaning about the lack of (broken) air-con. Eventually the driver had enough, pulled over on to the hard shoulder and ordered all the Indians off the bus, before he was going any further to the airport.

We sat there for about ten minutes, I didn't care because my flight was in the late evening but then a load of Australian tourists really kicked off, because they were due on a flight and began shouting at a group of Indian blokes who thought they were nouveau-riche. There were a few punches thrown, and some blood and broken spectacles and a fat Indian woman in full Indian garb started wailing.

Great entertainment. I think that Bell coaches has some sort of contract with these Indian tours.

I have got to say, these Indian tourists really are the limit. Their attitude is terrible, just because they have a few thousand Lek in the bank, they think they can abuse anyone. If any of those blighters had a go at me, I would probably strangle them and take the full consequences of the Thai law. (Small fine for murdering an Indian).

Edited by syd barrett

If you use Bell Travel plan your time for an additional 30 to 45 min of travel time. I once used the bus only to find that it was delayed because a large group was late showing up for the bus. This has only recently happened because the bus in now usually full.

Happy Trails

:o

• 3 months later...

I have used Bell's bus service both to and from the airport to Pattaya and also to and from Bangkok hotels to Pattaya and have never had any problems.

They now have a website www.belltravelservice.com which has all the fares and timetables and if you register for the site you can make booking online.

Their email address is now [email protected].

Thanks to the OP for the info. I will definitely use Bells Bus in the future. Good to know that there's an efficient service that will get me to the airport quickly and do something about idiots that get in the outside (fast) lane but don't understand the concept.

Besides, I've always thought that speed limits should be increased anyway. Let's face it, they were made decades ago when cars were not equipped with the technology we enjoy today like ABS.

If you use Bell Travel plan your time for an additional 30 to 45 min of travel time. I once used the bus only to find that it was delayed because a large group was late showing up for the bus. This has only recently happened because the bus in now usually full.

Happy Trails

:)

Wanted to use their service once, bus was supposed to leave at one. I arrive at 5 to 1 at the station, bus is gone. I complain and they show me THEIR clock on the wall. One minute past....oh well...

As I live in the South of Pattaya, near Thepprasit, I use the mini-service from Bell that takes you to the Pattaya Nua Bus Depot.

Last time everyone was on time except for an Indian couple who had to be woken up - and they didn't seem to have packed, either.

The mini-bus (about ten seats) arrived at 06.10 and the big bus was supposed to leave at 06.00. As we were a Bell service, the big bus had waited. And at that time of te morning he made up the lost time - and then some!

It's a good service, but sometimes the timing is off and you have to spend a lot of time at the airport.

Especially now, when you can walk straight up to an Immigration officer, without the half-hour queue.

It's a good service, but sometimes the timing is off and you have to spend a lot of time at the airport.

Especially now, when you can walk straight up to an Immigration officer, without the half-hour queue.

This time can be spent wisely in King Power Duty Free outlets, where leather wallets and other accessories can be examined in detail before non-purchase.

I like the Bus service myself, its well worth 150 bt, maybe the driver was in a bad mood, its always been fine for me. Perhaps you should take the Taxi next time, you get what you pay for i suppose.

The cost is now 200baht. but excellent value-sorry about hairy ride,maybe the driver was rushing for a date :) ???????????

I am aso a fan Of Bell travel, Airport to Patters and back found the drivers Fine, also like the mini bus to accomadation, can someone tell me is the last bus from airport still at 1800 hours ? as a friend wants to know cheers.

The cost is now 200baht. but excellent value-sorry about hairy ride,maybe the driver was rushing for a date :) ???????????

I am aso a fan Of Bell travel, Airport to Patters and back found the drivers Fine, also like the mini bus to accomadation, can someone tell me is the last bus from airport still at 1800 hours ? as a friend wants to know cheers.

Refer to post #16.