Shearer Takes Control At Newcastle

ThaiPauly

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve McMahon and the Profitable Group have withdrawn their bid for Newcastle Utd, as the Singapore based group is unable to provide proof of funding !! :)

more here :-

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11095_5456939,00.html

It was widely accepted to being a publicity stunt seems the proof is in the pudding.

anything macca does is just that nowadays, catch football focus when the new season starts for further evidence.

anything macca does is just that nowadays, catch football focus when the new season starts for further evidence.

He doesnt come across as the brightest star in the Sky, but he was a mollycoddled footballer for the best part of his life. Anyway from what i gather they did make a bid but it fell way short of what was being asked for.

From my readings Ashley wants GBP 100 million plus he has loaned the club GBP 100 million plus theyve a GBP 40 million overdraft this makes a grand total of GBP 240 million plus the GBP 65 million in wages they need to pay this season.

From what ive read Ashely would be financially better off putting the club in Administration which would clear the 40 million overdraft, then he'd be able to claim back much of the 100 million loan he has lent Newcastle back in tax payments for his Sports Direct business.

The fact they havent sold any players which is very strange shows that they are certainly up to something, if they sold players now this would only go to clearing the overdraft, if they sell them after administration im presuming theyd keep the money.

Surely this decent and proper persons test to being able to run a football club should be ongoing as this guy has systematically gone about destroying a football club ........ Usually when you get relegated you think of rebuilding and coming straight back, this just isnt going to happen with this fat fukwit and his retarded mate Lliambas who is the director in charge.

Edited by sanmiguellight

From my readings Ashley wants GBP 100 million plus he has loaned the club GBP 100 million plus theyve a GBP 40 million overdraft this makes a grand total of GBP 240 million plus the GBP 65 million in wages they need to pay this season.

From what ive read Ashely would be financially better off putting the club in Administration which would clear the 40 million overdraft, then he'd be able to claim back much of the 100 million loan he has lent Newcastle back in tax payments for his Sports Direct business.

The fact they havent sold any players which is very strange shows that they are certainly up to something, if they sold players now this would only go to clearing the overdraft, if they sell them after administration im presuming theyd keep the money.

Some very worrying signs there San. I suspect Ashley has no intention of selling now. By putting the club into administration, he'll get some of his money back and he'll gets revenge on the fans for demonstrating against.

If we did go into administration, how many points would be deducted?

I believe its 10 points for going into administration, but there are more points deducted if you dont come out of it properly like Luton, Bournemouth, Leeds .... i wouldnt have a clue as to what constitutes not coming out of administration properly.

To say its the most bizarre situation ive ever known in football would be an understatement, good ol Dennis Wise is still being paid 30,000 a week apparantly.

What a <deleted>.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/200...15875-21573253/

Alan Shearer has played a blinder at Newcastle this summer

By Darren Lewis 5/08/2009

It’s been superb summer all round for Alan Shearer.

Not for one second would I suggest that he has revelled - or even enjoyed the plight of his beloved Newcastle as they lurch from crisis to crisis.

But with Mike Ashley's refusal to hand the former Toon striker the manager's job full-time Shearer's legendary status with the fans remains intact, despite the fact that he took them down.

In fact, he has played a blinder. Showing willing, possibly even knowing that Ashley had no intention of keeping him on yet making it abundantly clear to the Newcastle fans through his contacts in the media that he is available.

And now, when he takes his seat on the BBC sofa for Match of the Day's live coverage of the Football League - ironically their first game is West Brom against Newcastle United - nobody can say that he wasn't willing to put his money where his mouth is.

Edited by sanmiguellight

Spurs sign Bassong - Frenchman showing their true colours in the trenches.

http

://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,116...477292,00.html

And by the looks of it Beye is off to Hull City of all places.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5477005,00.html

Why not sell some of the crap like Butt Nolan Collicini Ameobi etc etc etc etc... before these 2 who were by far the best players last season. :)

Ashley youre a fat useless vindictive <deleted>.

Spurs sign Bassong - Frenchman showing their true colours in the trenches.

http

://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,116...477292,00.html

And by the looks of it Beye is off to Hull City of all places.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5477005,00.html

Why not sell some of the crap like Butt Nolan Collicini Ameobi etc etc etc etc... before these 2 who were by far the best players last season. :)

Ashley youre a fat useless vindictive <deleted>.

It's all looking rather bleak. No full time manger to speak of and any of the decent players that we had are gradually being sold off. That's now Martins, Bassong and Beye gone. I hope that we can keep the geordie lads like Taylor and Carroll. At least they will play with some passion. Apart from that, where are the new signings going to come from? If the fat <deleted> remains in charge of the club past the transfer window closing, it's vital that the squad is strengthened. However that doesn't seem likely. It appears that we'll have to rely on some of the younger lads breaking through. Although by the looks of things we don't have any future Gazzas on our books.

At this moment in time I can see us finishing nearer the bottom of the Championship than the top. :D

Taylor: Newcastle are a joke

August 8, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Defender Steven Taylor has hit out at Newcastle United over their current predicament, labelling the club "a joke".

GettyImages

Taylor unhappy with Toon chaos

The Magpies head into their first game outside the top flight for 16 years at West Bromwich Albion on Saturday evening, with no full-time manager and uncertainty over the club's future ownership.

Taylor expected Alan Shearer to take up the managerial hotseat following the club's relegation in May, but with no permanent appointment yet made it will be caretaker Chris Hughton in the dugout at The Hawthorns.

The 23-year-old said: "The players are very frustrated because all we want to do is have a manager and a bit of stability. That's all we ask for.

"The new manager should be given time to do it his way and if he wants something just give it to him. The chairman, if he loves this football club, would do that. I'm devastated Alan Shearer has not got the job. As players, we haven't a clue what is going on.

"I've read every week that next week Alan is going to be named manager. Then Joe Kinnear is going to get the job, then Kevin Keegan and then Alan Shearer again. I don't get it. The club is a joke."

Taylor continued: "Everyone thought he would be back in place. We thought it might take a couple of weeks but then Alan would be the manager.

"And that's why I missed the (Under-21) European Championship. He wanted me right for the start of the season and of course I was happy to do it. I have so much respect for him and whatever he says, you do it.

"He said he would be back and would do it his way. I guarantee if he was still manager now, all our big players would still be here. The chairman would have had a headache over the wage bill but whatever Alan Shearer wants, you give him. He commands that much respect and he would take us straight back up."

Good to see we were the better team in what was according to the bookies our hardest game of the season .... Andy Carroll looks as if he be a decent player in this league if he's a decent forward to play with and Krul made some blinding saves!

Ryan Taylor, Collicini and Ameobi are worse then dreadful though, theyre all going to need replacing if Newcastle want to go up .... Ameobi's main input in the game was knocking out his own keeper.

Good to see we were the better team in what was according to the bookies our hardest game of the season .... Andy Carroll looks as if he be a decent player in this league if he's a decent forward to play with and Krul made some blinding saves!

Ryan Taylor, Collicini and Ameobi are worse then dreadful though, theyre all going to need replacing if Newcastle want to go up .... Ameobi's main input in the game was knocking out his own keeper.

Do you reckon you'll go up this Year San, yes or no ??

If they buy a right back, centre forward and creative midfielder at the very minimum and i had to put my money on any team it'd be Newcastle if yesterdays performance is anything to go by, but we also played very well v Man U one the first game of last season.

And to sell Collocini and get Sol Campbell on a freebie wouldnt be a bad bit of business, his bird is a Geordie and apparantly he is in the area a lot.

But its more likely theyll sell more players and not get anyone in, and rely on the few youth players that are coming through.

Unfortunately that fat useless club wrecking <deleted> Mike Ashley is according to the BBC looking to take the club off the market and get serial failure and fellow wrecker of football clubs David Oleary in as manager, if this is the case i think Newcastle as a club will carry on in limbo for another few years and anything could happen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/8192035.stm

Edited by sanmiguellight

If they buy a right back, centre forward and creative midfielder at the very minimum and i had to put my money on any team it'd be Newcastle if yesterdays performance is anything to go by, but we also played very well v Man U one the first game of last season.

And to sell Collocini and get Sol Campbell on a freebie wouldnt be a bad bit of business, his bird is a Geordie and apparantly he is in the area a lot.

But its more likely theyll sell more players and not get anyone in, and rely on the few youth players that are coming through.

Unfortunately that fat useless club wrecking <deleted> Mike Ashley is according to the BBC looking to take the club off the market and get serial failure and fellow wrecker of football clubs David Oleary in as manager, if this is the case i think Newcastle as a club will carry on in limbo for another few years and anything could happen.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/t...ted/8192035.stm

But i thought he was a ........................

just when you thought it couldn't get any worse that self-obsessed gobshite o'leary appears on the horizon. there's a reason he's been out of work for several years you know mister ashley.

The word is Kinnear was offered it 2 weeks ago but said he would have to wait 3 months before he is fit again so he turned to ODreary, no doubt theyre drinking buddies or have some similar connection.

I'd sooner Hughton stayed in charge at least he comes across as a genuine fellow, ive always despised O Leary he's just another self obsessed charlatan of a manager, he's hardly the long term answer to Newcastles problems and will no doubt cost many millions when he's sacked and when the next manager has to come in and sell whatever players he buys as theyre not suitable.

I really dont know what will become of Newcastle if he doesnt sell the club by the end of the week. :)

Edited by sanmiguellight

cheer up geordie boys you will soon be back where you belong,in the champions league.you are the cream of europe and always will be.never forget man u,barca,ac milan,real fear your return to your glorious past.

^^^^^^^

You write that all by yourself Bomber, reckon you must have been in class when the rest of the boys in school were out joyriding. :)

Starting to look as if O'Leary could quite possibly be boss in the next few days, if this mornings headlines are to be believed.

Its unfcukenbelievable how one man can make so many mistakes time and time and time again, and then thinks he's going to be OK to go to St James's Park on Saturday.

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/footbal...id-1770541.html

Edited by sanmiguellight

Starting to look as if O'Leary could quite possibly be boss in the next few days, if this mornings headlines are to be believed.

Its unfcukenbelievable how one man can make so many mistakes time and time and time again, and then thinks he's going to be OK to go to St James's Park on Saturday.

My initial thought about O'Leary getting the job was one of disgust. Like yourself I think the guy is a pillock. But we need someone to steer our rudderless ship and whoever gets the job whether it be O'Leary, Kinnear etc needs to have the backing of the fans. Booing and complaining isn't going to solve anything. I just hope that something can get sorted this week so that we can at least get some new players in before the transfer window closes.

^^^^^^^

You write that all by yourself Bomber, reckon you must have been in class when the rest of the boys in school were out joyriding. :)

quite a witty reply that one,nice to see you geordies still have a sense of humour,i cannot understand whats wrong with oleary,hes a proven manager like big sam,.but until you geordies stop believing in messiahs like keegan/shearer you will continue to struggle.Fact is shear got 5 points from 8 games and very lucky to get them imho at that rate from the start of a season he would be sacked around xmas and the team relegated,so WHY does shearer have to be the man,like keegan HAD to be the man,until you stop looking at the situation through black and white glasses it wont get any better.I understand ashley is a prick but hes not selling now as i thought he wouldnt, and is going to appoint a manager he wants instead of listening to the fans in geordie messiah dreamland.And before you mention kinnear,just remember his points per game ratio was better than the messiah shearers,from what i saw nufc played worse under shearer than kinnear/hughton.

Bomber Oleary has failed with flying colours at Leeds and wasnt too hot at Villa, hence why he cant get a job.

Getting OLeary seems like a similar managerial decision that Fred Shepherd made when he brought in Souness who was brought into sort the players out, and IMO that is when this mess really started as he alienated the then best player in Bellamy and spent 40 mill plus silly wages on crap like... ie Boumsong, Owen, Luque, Babayaro.

If Mike Ashley hadnt made so many fcukups you'd accept his decision, but whoever he brings in will just be a stop gap, the club will still be rudderless and will end up costing millions when he can sell the club.

Should a new owner come in by the end of the week and get a manager with a decent track record in, that isnt Shearer Keegan or anyone with a connection to Newcastle im sure the fans would be more then happy, but at the moment IMO Shearer is the best bet.

Ashleys spokesman Lliambas said at the end of last season that the best thing theyve done at this club was appoint Shearer, but as Shearer told them what needs doing to get back in the league Ashley obviously didnt like it and put the club up for sale, then he's continued to <deleted> the club up to a level that has never been seen before.

But who knows what can happen at this mess of a club in the coming weeks!

Edited by sanmiguellight

oleary took leeds to champ league semi-final,albeit spending a fortune,at villa not a disaster but not imprssive either.

He then took Leeds to the Championship followed by bankruptcy, ask Leeds fans for their opinion on him!

But it seems as if the worse case scenario is about to happen, the bookies who are never far wrong have stopped taking bets on who will be Newcastles next manager with all the money going on the asshol_e who slagged off Newcastles fans recently and praised Mike Ashley the one and only Joe Kinnear.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...l.html?ITO=1490

There are bids on the table for Steve Taylor and Damien Duff, im not sure it could have been possible to have arranged such a bad scenario.

If this is the case i hope Mike Ashley gets a slap on Saturday, he deserves it.

I think they might go back up if they get a steady manager, even if this ownership problem isnt resolved but they do need a manager in asap.

Im still amazed no one has slapped ashley like lol

Hate to say it Chuppachops, but I agree that they may go up given some stability. However the situation isn't helped when good players are still leaving the club. Duff's just gone......who next?

There were almost 37,000 there on Saturday which is tremendous given the turmoil at the club, and if they keep on winning the attendances will rise.

As for Ashley, I think it's about time we gave him the FREEDOM OF SUNDERLAND :)

Hate to say it Chuppachops, but I agree that they may go up given some stability. However the situation isn't helped when good players are still leaving the club. Duff's just gone......who next?

Taylor and Coloccini are being heavily linked with moves away, id be willing to bet clubs will bid for Barton, Smith and Guiterrez, if they go theyll not be looking to hot.

There were almost 37,000 there on Saturday which is tremendous given the turmoil at the club, and if they keep on winning the attendances will rise.

Should Ashley depart the crowds will rise by several thousand, should Shearer get the job i think there will be 50K on a regular basis if results are good.

As for Ashley, I think it's about time we gave him the FREEDOM OF SUNDERLAND :)

If anyone in Sunderland had the freedom do to as they pleased ... the first thing theyd do is leave! :D

PS Surely you Mackems prefer being in the same league as Newcastle as at least then you get 2 games a season where your giro covers the metro ticket .... is this not the case?

If anyone in Sunderland had the freedom do to as they pleased ... the first thing theyd do is leave! :D

Sanmiguellight if only you knew how much those words hurt!! They cut like a knife :D ...However I'll have you know the City of Sunderland was featured on TV the other night, and, credit where credit's due Crimewatch made the place look quite presentable!!!

PS Surely you Mackems prefer being in the same league as Newcastle as at least then you get 2 games a season where your giro covers the metro ticket .... is this not the case?

Obviously it's great to have the M**s in the Premier for the atmosphere and the easy points. Same goes for the Smoggies (apart from the atmosphere). However, I konw it's not big and it's not clever but I have to admit I find it physically impossible to cheer either of them on.

Since the end of last season it's been party time :)