Shearer Takes Control At Newcastle

ThaiPauly

The club is a shambles like most of us have said,but who takes the blame for these pathetic performances.Its got to be the players,with a big slice of misfit Ian Dowie.Most people have not mentioned Dowie as he seemed to be the man making decisions on the pitch.Shearer was ,and always will be,a mouthpiece who came purely to calm the fans after kING kevin ran away again.

On behalf of all the Stokies,thank you so much Newcastle for selling the only player with a huge pair of balls and truck loads of pride.

The one and only AB FAYE.

The best buy since the premiership started.

My mate Patklang always onhand to offer insight.

The problems started a long long time before Ian Dowie came to Newcastle and surely even you must admit after seeing the they way Ashley runs the club that Keegan was 100% correct to leave the club as Dennis Wise was buying and selling players behind his back, and it was being run in the most amateurish way imaginable.

I did say the club was a complete shambles,but what i was trying to say if it didnt come over that way,was that Shearer came as the saviour and he bought in a dipstick to make the decisions on the field,a bit silly if you ask me,as Shearer was supposed to be the main man.We all know now that this decison was a scam like some of the other ones,as Shearer didnt realy do that much,he looked lost on the touch line.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The one and only AB FAYE.

The best buy since the premiership started.

just a slight exaggeration there.

Ab Faye was a decent, solid centre half. He's definitely a better player than Collocini. But he's nowhere near as good as Bassong. He was our only bright spot last season. If he keeps his focus, I reckon that he will go on to be a world class defender. Unfortunately it won't be at St James Park. :)

Ab Faye was a decent, solid centre half. He's definitely a better player than Collocini. But he's nowhere near as good as Bassong. He was our only bright spot last season. If he keeps his focus, I reckon that he will go on to be a world class defender. Unfortunately it won't be at St James Park. :)

yeah, looks a smashing player that bassong lad. no way you're going to keep him this summer.

After Joey Barton, Guitierez, Alan Smith and Damien Duff pledged their allegiance to the club they love and will fight to the death for Obafemi Martins is the latest who is willing to sacrifice his career to get Newcastle back in the big time.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5376278,00.html

The cynic in me thinks theyre desperate for their signing bonus they get if the dont request a transfer and want Newcastle to finance part of their wages when theyre at their new club as no one will pay them as much as they presently get.

Whilst theyre contracted to get this money, they deserve a slap for treating the fans with such contempt.

Edited by sanmiguellight

After Joey Barton, Guitierez, Alan Smith and Damien Duff pledged their allegiance to the club they love and will fight to the death for Obafemi Martins is the latest who is willing to sacrifice his career to get Newcastle back in the big time.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,12876_5376278,00.html

The cynic in me thinks theyre desperate for their signing bonus they get if the dont request a transfer and want Newcastle to finance part of their wages when theyre at their new club as no one will pay them as much as they presently get.

Whilst theyre contracted to get this money, they deserve a slap for treating the fans with such contempt.

They've obviously been told by their representatives to make all the right noises about staying at St James Park. Personally, I'd be happy if Martins and Guitierez stayed as I think that they have the ability to run riot in the Championship. But somehow I can't see either of them being up for a game away to Barnsley or Scunthorpe on a cold Tuesday night. If any bids come in for them then surely Newcastle will accept them.

As for Barton, Smith and Duff, I think that we are going to get stuck with them. They are looking at at least a 50% cut in wages if they go elsewhere. Smith and Duff are at best Championship players these days and who in their right mind would want to pay Barton 50K a week?

Businessman ready with £150m to buy Newcastle?

By Soccernet staff

June 12, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

A north-east businessman is ready to launch a takeover bid for Newcastle United.

PaulGilham/GettyImages

Mike Ashley: Desperate to sell

The beleaguered club, in the second tier of English football for the first time in 16 years, have been put up for sale by owner Mike Ashley after a disastrous two-year spell at the helm of the club.

Rick Parkinson, who has made his money from textiles, is ready to offer Ashley £90m for the club - which comes in at £10m less than the asking price announced at the start of this week. It is also reported he will make £30m available for transfers and another £20m or restructuring of the club.

Parkinson will be joined by four other businessmen in his attempt to take charge at St James' Park.

However, there appears to be doubt about the proposal with no-one aware of any such interest prior the announcement.

The consortium is yet to contact Seymour Pierce, the investment bankers handling the sale, although they claim they will be ready to do so within the next 10 days.

Four different prospective purchasers have declared a firm interest, the latest of them the Singapore-based Profitable Group.

Businessman ready with £150m to buy Newcastle?

By Soccernet staff

June 12, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

A north-east businessman is ready to launch a takeover bid for Newcastle United.

PaulGilham/GettyImages

Mike Ashley: Desperate to sell

The beleaguered club, in the second tier of English football for the first time in 16 years, have been put up for sale by owner Mike Ashley after a disastrous two-year spell at the helm of the club.

Rick Parkinson, who has made his money from textiles, is ready to offer Ashley £90m for the club - which comes in at £10m less than the asking price announced at the start of this week. It is also reported he will make £30m available for transfers and another £20m or restructuring of the club.

Parkinson will be joined by four other businessmen in his attempt to take charge at St James' Park.

However, there appears to be doubt about the proposal with no-one aware of any such interest prior the announcement.

The consortium is yet to contact Seymour Pierce, the investment bankers handling the sale, although they claim they will be ready to do so within the next 10 days.

Four different prospective purchasers have declared a firm interest, the latest of them the Singapore-based Profitable Group.

It was a wind up by a Sunderland fan!!!!!!!! :)

http://www.nufcblog.org/2009/06/rick-parki...-as-mackem-wum/

To view an example of how disastrous the chairmanship of Newcastle is, have a read of this article:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...-10m-bonus.html

It also illustrates how failure gets rewarded but of course so many examples of that in the UK.

Just look at what the politicians and others are doing!

Ashely came in and identified the huge mistakes by the last regime, and seems to have complained about them then completely ignored them by buying overated players on the recommendation of his mates (the old regime used 1 agent more or less for all their players) then paying them more then they could ever dream of making.

Xisco a 20 yo Spaniard who had played half a season in Spain is meant to be on 50k a week.

• 3 weeks later...

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5417512,00.html

Newcastle have received at least three bids for the club which meet owner Mike Ashley's £100million asking price.

Ashley put the club back on the market shortly after they slipped out of the Premier League at the end of last season.

Managing director Derek Llambias has confirmed that several parties are continuing to hold talks as hopes of a swift deal grow.

He said: "There have been more than two bids at £100million.

"At the moment, we are in the hands of lawyers and it is all ongoing.

"We are giving interested parties all the help that they need."

Consortium

The identities of the bidders remain under wraps with all having signed non-disclosure agreements before being granted access to the club's books.

Llambias is understood to have shown a Malaysian consortium around St James' Park and the club's training ground last week, while the Singapore-based Profitable Group and former chairman Freddy Shepherd are known to have held discussions with Seymour Pierce, the investment bank handling the sale.

However, amid suggestions that there have been offers at lower prices - the Malaysians were said to have bid £80million, but agreed to take on an overdraft of up to £40million - Llambias is adamant that £100million remains the figure prospective buyers need to meet.

The Magpies were put up for sale days after Ashley and Llambias held talks with Alan Shearer over the manager's job, and that vacancy is still to be filled.

Shearer is keen to take on the role, but it is caretaker boss Chris Hughton who is currently putting the players through their paces at a pre-season training camp in Ireland as talks behind the scenes continue

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11678_5417512,00.html

Newcastle have received at least three bids for the club which meet owner Mike Ashley's £100million asking price.

Ashley put the club back on the market shortly after they slipped out of the Premier League at the end of last season.

Managing director Derek Llambias has confirmed that several parties are continuing to hold talks as hopes of a swift deal grow.

He said: "There have been more than two bids at £100million.

"At the moment, we are in the hands of lawyers and it is all ongoing.

"We are giving interested parties all the help that they need."

Consortium

The identities of the bidders remain under wraps with all having signed non-disclosure agreements before being granted access to the club's books.

Llambias is understood to have shown a Malaysian consortium around St James' Park and the club's training ground last week, while the Singapore-based Profitable Group and former chairman Freddy Shepherd are known to have held discussions with Seymour Pierce, the investment bank handling the sale.

However, amid suggestions that there have been offers at lower prices - the Malaysians were said to have bid £80million, but agreed to take on an overdraft of up to £40million - Llambias is adamant that £100million remains the figure prospective buyers need to meet.

The Magpies were put up for sale days after Ashley and Llambias held talks with Alan Shearer over the manager's job, and that vacancy is still to be filled.

Shearer is keen to take on the role, but it is caretaker boss Chris Hughton who is currently putting the players through their paces at a pre-season training camp in Ireland as talks behind the scenes continue

The sale of the club seems to be taking forever. It was said that the club would be sold by the end of June. That didn't happen. The cynical part of me thinks that Ashley and co are dragging this deal out hoping to recoup some cash on the sales of Bassong, Martins etc. The even more cynical part of me thinks it's just to piss everyone off for all the unfair abuse that he feels that he's suffered.

Let's hope that the deal gets done sooner rather than later.

Edited by Spit the Dog

Just when you thought it couldnt get any worse ......

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/...d.html?ITO=1490

Joe Kinnear is to make a sensational return to Newcastle as manager today. Owner Mike Ashley has turned again to the man he asked to take charge last September as the club, whose future remains uncertain, lurched into another unpopular move.

In a crushing blow to Alan Shearer which will infuriate already angry fans, the 62-year-old is expected to step into the breach as Newcastle approach life in the Championship without a takeover imminent.

Kinnear took charge of 26 matches last season, but was forced to step away from the game when he suffered a heart attack in February which required a triple by-pass operation.

The former Wimbledon manager, whose Newcastle contract had expired, has a history of health problems but claimed recently that he was back to full fitness and prepared to become interim manager once again.

'I've gone from bad to being much, much better than I was. I've got the all-clear,' Kinnear said. 'Things are working out well. I feel as fit as a fiddle.'

Chris Hughton has been in charge of Newcastle's pre-season matters this summer while Ashley has tried, so far unsuccessfully, to sell the club. He is said to want £100million.

Shearer was initially involved in planning for life after his doomed eight-game bid to save the club from relegation but has grown frustrated at the delay of any appointment. Representatives of the former Newcastle and England No 9 insist he is still very keen on taking charge despite Ashley refusing to appoint him on the basis that he may not be the choice of prospective new owners.

However, the return of Kinnear casts doubt on his future at St James' Park because the former Match of the Day pundit is unlikely to stay on the bench once the new season is under way.

Ashley has antagonised the Toon Army with a series of unpopular appointments but the latest one will also upset players. Goalkeeper Steve Harper claimed this week that Newcastle are 'dying a slow death' and a long list of first-team members have called for the appointment of Shearer.

With key players said to be on the verge of revolt over the chaos at the club, captain Nicky Butt admitted that relegation from the Barclays Premier League and the ensuing uncertainty has brought the toughest period of his career.

The former Manchester United and England midfielder, who has taken the armband from the departed Michael Owen, said: 'I have never experienced anything like this. I don't think anyone has, in football or at Newcastle United. We just have to wait and keep our fingers crossed.

'It's been a difficult summer. Everyone was disappointed at going down and the way we went down but we've got to try and put that behind us now. The Championship will not be easy and will be a massive challenge we have to match.

'It's difficult for some players because they don't know where their future lies and the job needs someone of Alan's stature. I do feel Alan is favoured by a lot of people and I do feel that he would do a very good job.

'But we're fed up with waiting to see what's going to happen. For the last five or six weeks it's been, "Something is happening at the end of this week, or that week", and it never does. We're all in the same position - young lads or old - no-one knows.'

Kinnear's appointment is unlikely to assuage the concerns of Butt and his team-mates unless the club are taken off hold.

Ashley had hoped a sale would have been completed by now and long-term commitments appear to have been avoided.

There is thought to have been interest in buying the club from Malaysia and America, but Kinnear's reintroduction suggests a takeover is still some way off.

Edited by sanmiguellight

The press must have run out of ex-Newcastle players to give them the exclusive headline "Shearer Must Be Made Boss."

As nobody knows what's happening with the takeover, the press are struggling for NUFC stories and have decided to start rumours about Kinnear returning. Nonetheless, it wouldn't surprise me if JFK is the manager when the season kicks off away to West Brom.

Jesus, your poor Club & Fans..

Someone could do worse i reckon than have a little errrrrr look, at Mr Ashley's Brakes on his Limo's if you ask me...

I have to admit thw whole fiasco initially made me laugh, but what is happening now is a disgrace. I feel for the fans on this, I really do.

Jesus, your poor Club & Fans..

Someone could do worse i reckon than have a little errrrrr look, at Mr Ashley's Brakes on his Limo's if you ask me...

I have to admit thw whole fiasco initially made me laugh, but what is happening now is a disgrace. I feel for the fans on this, I really do.

Maybe people can see why Keegan walked out now, the fcukwits should be honoured Shearer would still work for them, yet he doesnt get a contract.

Read this today saying the club maybe for sale for 100 million but its the debt and wages that are the problem aswell as the money theyd have to pay Ashley for the 100 millions worth of loans.

http://www.lukewhostalking.co.uk/2009/07/n...-in-purgat.html

The fools who were running the club before him were even worse!

25000 season tickets sold at a club thats just been relegated, that has no manager, a owner who cant sell and wont put any money into them and are heading absolutely knowwhere ..... not bad for a small club!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/...ampionship.html

Newcastle season tickets sales hit 25,000 despite relegation to Championship

Newcastle United have announced that contrary to media reports last weekend the club has sold almost 25,000 season tickets for next term.

With just over three weeks to go until the Tyneside club begins its campaign in the Championship against Reading, a statement was released on their official website to set the record straight after media reports suggested there had been a significant downturn in sales following their relegation from the Premier League.

"The club can confirm that sales are now closing in on the 25,000 mark with uptake in the expanded family areas particularly strong," the statement said.

"Interest is continuing to grow on a daily basis and with the new season still three weeks away we expect the number of season ticket holders to further increase."

The news will no doubt come as a welcome relief to managing director Derek Llambias who, in the last 10 months, has stood by Newcastle through some of the most turbulent times in the club's history.

The 2008/09 season saw the club run by no fewer than four different managers - with a permanent name yet to be announced.

Fans revolted against the board's supposed mis-treatment of Kevin Keegan and their anger was directed towards owner Mike Ashley who was accused of forcing the former England manager out of St James' Park.

Chris Hughton was brought in as caretaker manager for several weeks during which the club lost all their matches and were struggling to keep pace with the rest of the League.

As their position in the table dwindled Joe Kinnear was ushered into the managerial role. His reign came to an abrupt end when hospitalised with heart problems in February and within a month, the prospect of relegation had become very real.

Club icon Alan Shearer was brought while Kinnear recovered and on the final day of the season, Newcastle's fate was sealed.

Ashley subsequently put the club back on the market for the reduced fee of £100 million, which is yet to have been met by any potential buyers.

The club landed another blow at the end of last week with news that their new away kit - dubbed one of the worst ever - had dropped in price by 20 per cent before having officially gone on sale.

When asked how the new look strip had gone down with fans, Frank Gilmore, chairman of the Independent Newcastle United Supporters club told the Sunderland Echo: "The shirt is utterly horrendous. I wouldn't buy it even with the 20 per cent off.

"All of the fans I have spoken to have refused to buy it and I've been getting the mick taken out of me by mates who are Sunderland fans.

"They must know that no one is going to buy it so they are slashing the price already.

"The whole situation at the club is terrible.

Shearer still ''in limbo'' as new season approaches

By Soccernet staff

July 27, 2009

Comment

Email

Print

Alan Shearer has revealed he still has absolutely no idea what is going on at Newcastle United with the start of the Championship season just 13 days away.

Empics

Alan Shearer: Waiting for news...

The Magpies start the campaign with a difficult trip to West Bromwich Albion, who were also relegated from the Premier League last term.

But while the Baggies have been able to press ahead with plans for the new season by appointing Roberto di Matteo as their manager following Tony Mowbray's departure for Celtic, Newcastle remain rudderless.

Shearer expected to make a decision on his future a matter of days after the club's relegation was confirmed on May 24. But those plans were thrown up in the air by owner Mike Ashley's decision to put the club on the market.

No buyer has yet been found by Ashley, which means they have been unable to make an appointment and the partnership of Chris Hughton and Colin Calderwood has been in charge. The club have also been unable to offload any of its big earners this summer as Ashley is refusing to sell assets.

Despite a promising pre-season everything came crashing down on Saturday when a full strength side was thrashed 6-1 by League One side Leyton Orient.

"I know as much as you," said Shearer ahead of a charity match for former mentor Sir Bobby Robson. "I would dearly love it to be sorted out one way or the other then the club can move forward.

"I am the same as everyone else, I am in limbo. I don't know what is going on.

"Everyone is telling me there are people in to buy the club. If that is the case, then great."

Shearer added that reports claiming he is set to walk away because of the uncertainty are untrue.

He said: "I don't know where that's come from, it's certainly not from myself. I want it sorted out as quickly as everyone else does.

"I'm a fan like everyone else and I don't like to see the situation the club is in."

Se the Custard Creams got spanked by Leyton Orient 6-1 at the weekend. :)

If there is a good time to lose 6-1 this has to be it, worrying thing is that these players just arent upto the job IMHO of battling in the championship week in week out and Ashleys seems as if he's intent on destroying the club by not selling or buying any players.

Se the Custard Creams got spanked by Leyton Orient 6-1 at the weekend. :)

If there is a good time to lose 6-1 this has to be it, worrying thing is that these players just arent upto the job IMHO of battling in the championship week in week out and Ashleys seems as if he's intent on destroying the club by not selling or buying any players.

I agree, with all what you are saying. If the present situation is allowed to continue, then Newcastle are in serious trouble of sliding further. The whole thing is unbelievable, it really is.

Steven Gerrard not guilty but still sentenced to 80 hours community service coaching the disadvantaged football skills..........................................................................

.................................................................................

................................Reports to St James park next Monday morning.