Shearer Takes Control At Newcastle

ThaiPauly

Its more to do with him being the only LB as to why he's the best, he is slightly better then he once was, but it maybe due to Collicini taking the crown of being the worst defender.

If you want to be a good team he isnt what you'd want in your team.

Whenever I've seen him play,I've always been impressed.He tackles well,has pace and is not afraid to bomb on.Because he is the only left back you have,he's going to have some offdays.He's definitely a better full back than that piece of rubbish we've got,Bosingwa.

He can do so fantastic stuff, but then he does some equally horrendous stuff that'll give away a goal.

I dont think too many Chelsea players would get in this current Newcastle team so you can keep Boswinga.

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought that the first 60 minutes of the Stoke match was about the worst Newcastle have played all season. The defence looked totally disorganized, there was absolutely no creativity from midfield, with Butt in particular having a stinker, and the front 2 looked ineffective against the well structured Stoke back 4. Every time Stoke got a corner or had a Delap throw in it caused panic in the back 4. When Newcastle had possession it just seemed to result in a long aimless hoof forward to nobody. It was only when Jonas and Carroll came on that Newcastle improved and started creating some chances.

In my opinion, Shearer did get his team selection and formation wrong. If Kinnear or Hughton had gone with the same selections, most of the Toon Army would have been up in arms. Fortunately Newcastle and Shearer got away with it yesterday and salvaged a point which could prove vital come the end of May.

On the plus side, I think that Shearer would have learned a lot about his players from the Stoke game. The commitment was there even if the quality wasn't. Playing Jonas, Martins and possibly Barton will give that extra quality. Carroll should always start before Ameobi and if Taylor and Enrique get fit they will strengthen the back4.

After taking a look at the Stoke game the jury seems to be still out on the new Newcastle manager; the TV shot of him on the touch line together with Houghton and Dowie did not inspire confidence. They may think they are the 3 wise men, but seemed to me more like the 3 stooges!

After taking a look at the Stoke game the jury seems to be still out on the new Newcastle manager; the TV shot of him on the touch line together with Houghton and Dowie did not inspire confidence. They may think they are the 3 wise men, but seemed to me more like the 3 stooges!

Not just me that thought that then! :o

They didn't seem have a clue between them! Shearer just seemingly wanted to swear at the ref for everything - god knows why the ref was doing his level best to book every Stoke player on the pitch. Knee high challenges and elbows to head are just yellow cards when commited on Stoke players!

Should have got 3 points but 1 isnt too bad.Newcastle were wank and Shearer looked like a little lost boy.Stoke City have come far from last season in the Championship league.We are looking a half decent side who frighten teams at home but i just wish we had seome decent refs.

Newcastle were just content in bullying Etherington after he was booked and were trying to goad him into getting a second yellow,somethind Dowie/Shearer have introduce,and the incident when a Newcastle player went down and the ref didnt stop play,the tosspot newcastle players tried again to goad Etherington and i cant believe not one castle fan was booked.

I realy hope Newcastle get relegated and continue to slide as they are so up their own <deleted> its untrue.

Should have got 3 points but 1 isnt too bad.Newcastle were wank and Shearer looked like a little lost boy.Stoke City have come far from last season in the Championship league.We are looking a half decent side who frighten teams at home but i just wish we had seome decent refs.

Newcastle were just content in bullying Etherington after he was booked and were trying to goad him into getting a second yellow,somethind Dowie/Shearer have introduce,and the incident when a Newcastle player went down and the ref didnt stop play,the tosspot newcastle players tried again to goad Etherington and i cant believe not one castle fan was booked.

I realy hope Newcastle get relegated and continue to slide as they are so up their own <deleted> its untrue.

It's a shame when it has to come to that though!!! :o

Its more to do with him being the only LB as to why he's the best, he is slightly better then he once was, but it maybe due to Collicini taking the crown of being the worst defender.

Whenever I've seen him play,I've always been impressed.He tackles well,has pace and is not afraid to bomb on.Because he is the only left back you have,he's going to have some offdays.He's definitely a better full back than that piece of rubbish we've got,Bosingwa.

He can do so fantastic stuff, but then he does some equally horrendous stuff that'll give away a goal.

I dont think too many Chelsea players would get in this current Newcastle team so you can keep Boswinga.

Stand on me,none of our lot would WANT to get into the Newcastle team.

Stand on me,none of our lot would WANT to get into the Newcastle team.

Cashley would if the $$ was right... :o

I think Mr San Miguel said it tongue in cheek anyway Mate..

We all have teams we like or hate,i just hate Newcastle,as i feel they are very arrogant,and i have a good memory,remembering what they did to a young girl at the Old Vic a few years ago.

We all have teams we like or hate,i just hate Newcastle,as i feel they are very arrogant,and i have a good memory,remembering what they did to a young girl at the Old Vic a few years ago.

What was that Pat ??

What was that Pat ??

I don't know the full story but I believe the young girl was slash with a knife - which in turned kicked off a huge amount of violence. I was at that game and saw most of the carnage but I never fully understood why it all kicked off until I heard about this and like I say I don't know the full details.

I do remember some of the local geordie wanke_rs being in the Boothen End . . . not the cleverest of souls!

I thought that the first 60 minutes of the Stoke match was about the worst Newcastle have played all season. The defence looked totally disorganized, there was absolutely no creativity from midfield, with Butt in particular having a stinker, and the front 2 looked ineffective against the well structured Stoke back 4. Every time Stoke got a corner or had a Delap throw in it caused panic in the back 4. When Newcastle had possession it just seemed to result in a long aimless hoof forward to nobody. It was only when Jonas and Carroll came on that Newcastle improved and started creating some chances.

In my opinion, Shearer did get his team selection and formation wrong. If Kinnear or Hughton had gone with the same selections, most of the Toon Army would have been up in arms. Fortunately Newcastle and Shearer got away with it yesterday and salvaged a point which could prove vital come the end of May.

On the plus side, I think that Shearer would have learned a lot about his players from the Stoke game. The commitment was there even if the quality wasn't. Playing Jonas, Martins and possibly Barton will give that extra quality. Carroll should always start before Ameobi and if Taylor and Enrique get fit they will strengthen the back4.

Pretty much bang on, its seems as if Shearer was going to be playing the same way as Keegan did with Owen behind the front 2 until Martins got a phantom injury on the morning of the game, maybe having no leftback meant playing with 3 at the back but it didnt look good.

There does seem to be too many chiefs with Dowie, Hughton and Calderwood, think the latter may get the sack if he stays on.

Ameobi should do the decent thing and retire, how the <deleted> he's managed to trick the club for 10 years into thinking he's a footballer is a mystery, Carrol is w4nk but he's a better slightly less clumsy version of him, Ryan Taylors looking as if he'll blossom into becoming completely useless aswell.

Edited by sanmiguel

Should have got 3 points but 1 isnt too bad.

Should have scored 2 goals then.

but i just wish we had seome decent refs.

Like ones who dont give corners that lead to goals when they are quite clearly not

i cant believe not one castle fan was booked.

Which one????? It was one of your mob lobbing missiles at Taylor.

Stoke have done well this season, but you seem to have delusions of grandeur about them, also where were all these passionate fans before they got into the premier league, seems as if theyre the new breed supporter who goes overly hysterical about football, as its the new fad in the town.

Edited by sanmiguel

Yep cowardly fans that slash a young girl then whine like girls when the shit hits the fan.

That never happened you've made it up, something of this nature would have been reported it has never been as it didnt happen hence your exceptionally sketchy description of it.

Are you this mouthy in reality oldman?

Stoke put a middle finger up and say fuc_k you to the media and wanke_r 'fans' like you of clubs who think they are too big to go down or to lose to little Stoke.

As i went to Newcastle starting in 1982 when they were in the second division and had been for many years and were getting capacity crowds of 36500, it idiots like you who seem to think that if you say that newcastle fans think theyre too big to go down, then somehow its true.

We don't have a team made up of multi-millionaires who just turns up for the cash (or can't be arsed like Martins!) - we have a group of player who will fight for every lost cause and know that the fans will back them every step of the way. Bet you'd love to have 1 oz of that fight in your spineless mercenaries.

Well as youve a few of our rejects thats 3 who only turn up for the money, what do you think these people move to scabland for ........ the weather.

Edited by sanmiguel

I found this Chaps...

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_6783...1/ai_n28478177/

I met this Mark Chester Fella on a Beach out here about 4 Years back, nice Fella, making a nice few Quid out of his Books then he was saying..

Bit of a rivalry me thinks with these 2 brewing up...

http://www.thisisstaffordshire.co.uk/news/...il/article.html

Cheers for that link so we can see no young girl was stabbed and it was complete fabrication, my brother was there and he said it was as blatant as Stoke fans hitting the 16yo kids and pensioners, my brother has no interest in football violence and thinks anyone fron any club who does is an ass so he would give a honest description.

This sentence seems to sum up why Technocracy is as he is -

"Nobody in Stoke has anything, it's a rundown place with poor mental health.

Edited by sanmiguel

And exactly what would the Newcastle Chronicle know of what happened that night - do you think they'd really report it?

Mark Chesters books by the accounts of many people are in general borderline fantasy.

Yeah of course Abdy Faye was a 'reject' that's why he'd walk into your 1st team. As Abdy has said himself he feels far more a part of a family at Stoke and we have the best fans in the Premiership.

You certainly seem to be obsessed with running Stoke down unlike the top teams (note: these clubs who have actually won something in the past 40 years) who have visited most fans expected a tough game and had some respect for Stoke. However your inbred bunch turn up 3rd from bottom cannot buy a win and have the opinion that it's 'little' Stoke and it'll be an easy win . . . bunch of jokers.

ps. I ain't old.

And exactly what would the Newcastle Chronicle know of what happened that night - do you think they'd really report it?

Ah come on Tech, surely it would have been reported somewhere then ??

One of the Tabloids would have picked up on it, if not the National & International News if a little Girl got slashed accross the Face by a Football Thug...

Funny you should ask that sanmiguel. Earlier on in this thread i was having exactly the same thoughts about you. You seem to have difficulty engaging in a discussion when people disagree with you, without having a hissy fit and name-calling.

Yes i do we live in a democratic country with free press that doesnt protect hooligans, if such a vile thing were ever to occur it would be reported, you are bordering on being delusional to come out with such a statement that local media would cover up something of this nature.

Mark Chesters books by the accounts of many people are in general borderline fantasy.

As is your tale that some imaginary person slashed an imaginary girl, but in a town where people have such poverty stricken childhoods that leads to severe mental health issues in later life i see why you grasp at such tales to condone beating up children and elderly who've come to watch a game of football.

Yeah of course Abdy Faye was a 'reject' that's why he'd walk into your 1st team. As Abdy has said himself he feels far more a part of a family at Stoke and we have the best fans in the Premiership.

I bet he kisses the badge aswell, my buddha you are delusional believing that kind of drivel.

IMO a clubs long term away following is how you should judge how good a clubs fans are.... teatime game 250 miles away Newcastle filled your away end for a televised game ... not bad for a team who have won 1 trophy in 54 years.

You certainly seem to be obsessed with running Stoke down

Im uneducated and left school at 15, but i feel like a genius replying to your comments maybe this is why i cant help myself.

unlike the top teams (note: these clubs who have actually won something in the past 40 years) who have visited most fans expected a tough game and had some respect for Stoke.

However your inbred bunch turn up 3rd from bottom cannot buy a win and have the opinion that it's 'little' Stoke and it'll be an easy win . . . bunch of jokers.

Do you have the ability to write something that is fact? or do you type away and in your mind that was sculpted in a town where the folk have serious mental health issues it suddenly becomes true.

I think Newcastle have won 2 away games all season, havent won a game in the last 8, have many first team players injured, and have been crap for years ........so from this point of view do you honestly believe that 1 solitary Newcastle fan thought they'd get an easy victory?

Funny you should ask that sanmiguel. Earlier on in this thread i was having exactly the same thoughts about you. You seem to have difficulty engaging in a discussion when people disagree with you, without having a hissy fit and name-calling.

I wrote many posts stating facts as to why some of the earlier crap about Newcastle fans and Alan Shearer can lose with this appointment, Messiah's etc... was wrong, and was southern media tales, then for some reason you decided it would be out the box thinking to come out with the exact same stuff, at which point i said "Another prat coming out with the media cliches" ...... come on youve a thicker skin then that.

Besides its good to have a bit of arguing on here spices it up a bit.

Edited by sanmiguel

I wrote many posts stating facts as to why some of the earlier crap about Newcastle fans and Alan Shearer can lose with this appointment, Messiah's etc... was wrong,

"Was wrong" in your opinion. Stop acting like what we were discussing was a matter of hard facts. It wasn't, it was a matter of opinion - mine being that Shearer has either intentionally or quite by accident (you make your mind up), worked things out in such a way that he comes out smelling of roses whatever happens - yes perhaps the club goes down in the process but as they say, "shit happens".

then for some reason you decided it would be out the box thinking to come out with the exact same stuff, at which point i said "Another prat coming out with the media cliches"

Is there a rule that you can only express an opinion if it's out of the box? What happens when you have an opinion that thousands of other people share - and share for a good reason.

Besides which, i don't see much in the way of "out of the box" thinking from you. You're just repeating what i hear all the Newcastle fans saying.

Besides its good to have a bit of arguing on here spices it up a bit.

That bit i do agree with.

Football discussion is just that. A discussion. Please keep it civil lads. I have already issued 2 warnings and deleted a few posts. Please read the rules if you feel hard done by.

4) Not to flame fellow members.

Flaming will not be tolerated. 'Flaming' is defined as posting or responding to a message in a way clearly intended to incite useless arguments, to launch personal attacks, to insult, or to be hateful towards other members. This includes useless criticism, name-calling, swearing and any other comments meant to incite anger.

5) Not to post inflammatory messages on the forum, or attempt to disrupt discussions to upset its participants.

Shearer keen on Kenny comeback

Posted by Dom Raynor 19 minutes ago

Now that Newcastle United have finally bagged Geordie Messiah Alan Shearer the club are looking for another legend to boost the ranks of their coaching staff.

According to The Sun that somebody is Kenny Dalglish, who is set to return to St James Park as the club's director of football.

The Liverpool legend took over as Toon manager from Kevin Keegan in January 1997, steering the Magpies to second in the Premier League and taking them into the Champions League.

He was sacked by former chairman Freddy Shepherd in August 1998 after just 20 months in charge and the experienced 58-year-old is top of Shearer's list as he looks to overhaul the club's backroom staff.

Meanwhile, the >Daily Star report that Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger could have signed Chelsea striker Didier Drogba for just £100,000 when he played in the French Second Division.

"When he was in Le Mans we watched him carefully," recalled Wenger. "We felt he might not be completely ready. His value was £100,000!"

But Wenger stressed he was not the only manager to snub a player who went on to the Gunners' FA Cup semi-final opponents Chelsea for £24m two years later.

"Don't forget all the French clubs watched him," he pointed out. "Nobody took him. He went from Le Mans to Guingamp."

Shearer keen on Kenny comeback

Posted by Dom Raynor 19 minutes ago

Now that Newcastle United have finally bagged Geordie Messiah Alan Shearer the club are looking for another legend to boost the ranks of their coaching staff.

According to The Sun that somebody is Kenny Dalglish, who is set to return to St James Park as the club's director of football.

If it's according to the Sun, then we know that this story is complete <deleted>. With Newcastle looking Championship bound, Shearer and Dalglish will want nothing to do with NUFC next season.

• 2 weeks later...

3 hours to go, if they lose this theyre pretty much guaranteed relegated, and results couldnt have gone much better for them over the weekend.

Even PJ and Duncan are worried -

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/8020127.stm

Hopefully Nicky Buttfcuk and Kevin Nolan are droppped for Barton and Guthrie. and Martins and Viduka are on from the start, and Shearer plays with a left back as the last 3 games theyve been useless with 3 at the back.

Portsmouth away was probably our easiest game of the season, if Pompey play close to as badly even this load of mercenaries should beat them.

3-1 to Newcastle theyre overdue a win.

Edited by sanmiguel

Heard Ant and Dec on BBC Football earlier, and they felt that the problems with the team were mainly up front. I don't know which of them it was but this comment is genuine, "the problem is we haven't scored enough goals, and also we've let too many in". Say what you like about them, they're perceptive.

Edited by rott

snigger snigger . . . another nail hammers itself into that coffin.

The only saving grace that both you lot and M'Boro have is that Hull are even worse that both of you - draw another 3 games and you'll most likely end up above them, as I don't see them getting another point this season!