Shearer Takes Control At Newcastle

ThaiPauly

snigger snigger . . . another nail hammers itself into that coffin.

The only saving grace that both you lot and M'Boro have is that Hull are even worse that both of you - draw another 3 games and you'll most likely end up above them, as I don't see them getting another point this season!

Stoke at Home is their saving Grace.... :o

• Replies 338
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only saving grace that both you lot and M'Boro have is that Hull are even worse that both of you - draw another 3 games and you'll most likely end up above them, as I don't see them getting another point this season!

We've still got to play Boro at home, it could well be the winner of that stays up, though Hull have ManU last game if theyre in the Champs League itll be the reserves out.

Fcuken useless for the last 30 minutes they were out of puff, despite Carolls lack of grace and talent id give him a game as at least he puts himself about, hows that for fickle.

Stoke at Home is their saving Grace.... :o

There home record is as nearly as bad as our away! :D

We WILL beat them . . . Beattie will be back by then . . he may even be back for you lots visit to the Britannia! :D

I think Newcastle will survive...hey at least its a point!!!

Hull are living in desperate times....Boro......I think they are going down.

Yes our goal difference is better so long as we can keep the numbers down v Liverpool.

Boro have the hardest fixtures, but Hull have points on the board, going to the last game i reckon.

Monday, 04 May 2009Barclays Premier LeagueAston Villa v Hull, 20:00Saturday, 09 May 2009Barclays Premier LeagueHull v Stoke, 15:00Saturday, 16 May 2009Barclays Premier LeagueBolton v Hull, 15:00Sunday, 24 May 2009Barclays Premier LeagueHull v Man Utd, 16:00

Sunday, 03 May 2009Barclays Premier LeagueLiverpool v Newcastle, 13:30Monday, 11 May 2009Barclays Premier LeagueNewcastle v Middlesbrough, 20:00Saturday, 16 May 2009Barclays Premier LeagueNewcastle v Fulham, 15:00Sunday, 24 May 2009Barclays Premier LeagueAston Villa v Newcastle, 16:00

Saturday, 02 May 2009Barclays Premier LeagueMiddlesbrough v Man Utd, 12:45Monday, 11 May 2009Barclays Premier LeagueNewcastle v Middlesbrough, 20:00Saturday, 16 May 2009Barclays Premier LeagueMiddlesbrough v Aston Villa, 15:00Sunday, 24 May 2009Barclays Premier LeagueWest Ham v Middlesbrough, 16:00

I actually think that Newcastle still have a 50/50 chance to stay up. Looking at the remaining fixtures and assuming West Brom are down, then its' perm any 2 from 'Boro, Newcastle and Hull to join them.

Also Sunderland ain't out of the mix.

Mind you, took a look at the Portsmouth game last night and afterwards, Shearer blaming his strikers; my impression the temporary manager is clueless and his assistant Dowie seems to be calling the shots so to speak.

Talk about the blind leading the blind.

Whether he saves them or not Shearer is out of his depth and its' there for all to see!

We've still got to play Boro at home, it could well be the winner of that stays up, though Hull have ManU last game if theyre in the Champs League itll be the reserves out.

Fcuken useless for the last 30 minutes they were out of puff, despite Carolls lack of grace and talent id give him a game as at least he puts himself about, hows that for fickle.

It looks like it's coming down to the Boro game. The winner of that game will have a chance of catching Hull or the mackems. The loser can start preparing for fixtures against Doncaster and Peterboro. This weekend all 4 in the scrap face top 6 opposition. It should be as you were after this round of fixtures but football can be a funny old game at times.

Even without the incompetents Nolan and Ryan Taylor, Newcastle were wasteful in possesion and still couldn't hit more than 3 or 4 passes together against Pompey. The strikers had some chances but were lacking confidence in front of goal. For the first hour I thought that Newcastle were the slightly better team but towards the end Newcastle tired and Portsmouth looked more likely to grab a winner.

I have to disagree.

I think that Newcastle are doomed, bookmakers are now saying 1/2.

Normally when a new manager takes over, short term, there is a marked improvement. I havent seen that, and last night they were plain awful.

No width, terrible distribution, playing with 3 strikers none of whom are match fit.

They will not beat either Boro or WBA and will get battered by Liverpool at the weekend.

I doubted whether Shearer would be a good manager, he has certainly proved he is NOT a great man motivator.

If Boro can win at Newcastle, which is possible, I can see them surviving. They played a lot better against Arsenal than Newcastle did against Portsmouth.

I have to disagree.

Normally when a new manager takes over, short term, there is a marked improvement. I havent seen that, and last night they were plain awful.

No width, terrible distribution, playing with 3 strikers none of whom are match fit.

They will not beat either Boro or WBA and will get battered by Liverpool at the weekend.

I doubted whether Shearer would be a good manager, he has certainly proved he is NOT a great man motivator.

If Boro can win at Newcastle, which is possible, I can see them surviving. They played a lot better against Arsenal than Newcastle did against Portsmouth.

Youre probably right about Newcastle getting relegated, but i cant see Boro beating us, just because they lost 2-0 to Arsenal and didnt look dreadful, we were quite good v Arsenal before losing 3-1 the other week. PLus lets be honest as bad as Newcastle were they probably done enough to win and were the better team.

But i like the way youve written Shearers managerial career off after 3 games that is insightful of you, were you one of them bitter people who constantly wanted him out of the England team for years???? Seems all people from grey dreary Manchester have a chip on both shoulders when it comes to Shearer.

PS Theyve already beaten West Brom, its Fulham at home.

Edited by sanmiguel

I have to disagree.

Youre probably right about Newcastle getting relegated, but i cant see Boro beating us, just because they lost 2-0 to Arsenal and didnt look dreadful, we were quite good v Arsenal before losing 3-1 the other week. PLus lets be honest as bad as Newcastle were they probably done enough to win and were the better team.

But i like the way youve written Shearers managerial career off after 3 games that is insightful of you, were you one of them bitter people who constantly wanted him out of the England team for years???? Seems all people from grey dreary Manchester have a chip on both shoulders when it comes to Shearer.

PS Theyve already beaten West Brom, its Fulham at home.

Wow, you are making a lot of presumptions :)

Alan Shearer, the player, probably the best centre forward the Premier League has had, IMHO

As for writing off his career as a manager, he has already done that himself, openly stating that he is going back to TV punditry at the end of the season :D

As a player I thought he was great, but he does not come across, to me, as manager material. Likes to ride too many horses in the same race.

I dont quite get the bit about having a chip on my shoulder, but would agree that Manchester is grey and dreary, much like a Newcastle without the fit women, hence the reason why I live over here.

Incidentally I used to go and watch Newcastle regularly (more than my own team) in the 90s, as a guest of Century radio. They are one of my favourite teams.

So do me a favour and get off that high horse of yours, and stop being so defensive :D

As for writing off his career as a manager, he has already done that himself, openly stating that he is going back to TV punditry at the end of the season :)

He's sacked a few people in the club already, most notably Wise and the club doctor, this makes it difficult to go back to the punditry, plus he has already spoken about players he wishes to sign for next season.

I dont quite get the bit about having a chip on my shoulder

Manchester United fans never forgave Shearer for not signing for them all those years ago, every game they gave him sh7t because of this.

IMO he's made a huge mistake coming back to this club at the present time with Ashley and his useless mates in charge.

As for writing off his career as a manager, he has already done that himself, openly stating that he is going back to TV punditry at the end of the season :)

He's sacked a few people in the club already, most notably Wise and the club doctor, this makes it difficult to go back to the punditry, plus he has already spoken about players he wishes to sign for next season.

Manchester United fans never forgave Shearer for not signing for them all those years ago, every game they gave him sh7t because of this.

IMO he's made a huge mistake coming back to this club at the present time with Ashley and his useless mates in charge.

Surely him talking about next Seasons Signings would be a bit premature San wouldn't it, especially as it's looking the worst ??

If you went, which i think you will, his main Job would be keeping the likes of Duff, Taylor, Guthrie, Smith, Butt etc at the Club as they would get you straight back up those kind of Players then NEXT summer, clear them out the day after you get promotion , whcih you will..

Yep cowardly fans that slash a young girl then whine like girls when the shit hits the fan.

That never happened you've made it up, something of this nature would have been reported it has never been as it didnt happen hence your exceptionally sketchy description of it.

Are you this mouthy in reality oldman?

The girl was cut in the face by a knife or a bottle,and this was on radio stoke about 3.00pm because i was drinking with geordie lads in a hotel on Campbell Rd,Stoke.The atmosphere started to turn nasty soon after and most stokies of all ages didnt even go home after work for a bite to eat or a shower.Some of my mates turned up about 4.30pm and said it was kicking off everywhere and the Stokies were going mental.We told the geordie lads to stay at the hotel and we would walk up with them.Withinh half an hour the place got raided by Stokies and we managed to get out and walk into stoke town centre for more drinks.The geordies thought they owned the palce and i was expecting huge problems for them as more and more stokies arrived from all parts of stoke on trent,which levelled the rivalry somewhat.

Patklang

There has never been a news report on this so i cant take anyones word.

But lets say if someone bottled/ glassed/ stabbed/ hit a young girl, within a few hours before a football game there would have been hundreds of people about ..... he would have been kicked sh7tless by the people who witnessed it whether they were Newcastle or Stoke fans, and something like this wouldnt be classed as football violence just evil.

I was born and bred in Manchester, which makes me a City fan :D

If you went, which i think you will, his main Job would be keeping the likes of Duff, Taylor, Guthrie, Smith, Butt etc at the Club as they would get you straight back up those kind of Players then NEXT summer, clear them out the day after you get promotion , whcih you will..

It was this story where Shearer was quoted as saying he is planning next seasons transfers, it was on the local paper aswell -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ap...-united-manager

Duff, Smith, Geremi, Owen, Martins, Barton are all meant to be on 50K plus a week hence they'd all have to go. Bassong is only meant to be on a 2 year contract (1yr remaining) so he'd go aswell. And i have thought as its a world cup year Collocini and Guiterrez would want out, which would leave a lot of crap.

Its possible that one win and a draw could keep them up the way Hull are playing, its possible theyd get that with the home games left.

I was born and bred in Manchester, which makes me a City fan :D

I apologise for the insult.

Patklang

There has never been a news report on this so i cant take anyones word.

But lets say if someone bottled/ glassed/ stabbed/ hit a young girl, within a few hours before a football game there would have been hundreds of people about ..... he would have been kicked sh7tless by the people who witnessed it whether they were Newcastle or Stoke fans, and something like this wouldnt be classed as football violence just evil.

There are loads of incidents that are not on national tv,i should know i have had enough stitches by bottles,bricks,sharp coins in my time and given many back.The geordie yobbos in the pub were given a good hiding too,as i heard.

The mindless violence was not neccesary but there are plenty of Newcastle fans that were going in the home side just because they live in Stoke <deleted>.This was one of the worst nights i have seen in 40+ years of supporting Stoke and i was very relieved i was not a newcastle fan that night.I had a couple of mates in the away end supporting Newcastle and i waited for over 2 hours to try and get them safely to their car.

It was this story where Shearer was quoted as saying he is planning next seasons transfers, it was on the local paper aswell -

http://www.guardian.co.uk/football/2009/ap...-united-manager

Duff, Smith, Geremi, Owen, Martins, Barton are all meant to be on 50K plus a week hence they'd all have to go. Bassong is only meant to be on a 2 year contract (1yr remaining) so he'd go aswell. And i have thought as its a world cup year Collocini and Guiterrez would want out, which would leave a lot of crap.

Its possible that one win and a draw could keep them up the way Hull are playing, its possible theyd get that with the home games left.

True but thta's only if Hull don't get another Point..

Trouble is they have Stoke at Home next week & i'd fancy them to gte 3 points in that but i suppose you'd have to be cheering for Stoke in that Game... :)

Trouble is they have Stoke at Home next week & i'd fancy them to gte 3 points in that but i suppose you'd have to be cheering for Stoke in that Game... :)

<deleted> me you like crushing the human spirit.

If you want to make some easy money get that one down as a score draw, with a Newcastle win v the smoggies on the same weekend.

but there are plenty of Newcastle fans that were going in the home side just because they live in Stoke <deleted>.

They emptied the Fulwell end at Joker park of Newcastle fans one game, and literally for the entire first half Newcastle fans walked from one end of the ground to the other, it was 1/4 empty by the time theyd all left ... there wasnt any trouble.

As a kid ive gone in the home sides end at Carlisle, Boro, Huddersfield and Cambridge and never seen or got into any trouble as i'm a double hard bast4rd.

<deleted> me you like crushing the human spirit.

If you want to make some easy money get that one down as a score draw, with a Newcastle win v the smoggies on the same weekend.

Meaning you'll HAVE to beat Fulham at Home..

Sorry Mate, can't see it...

Can't even 100% see you beating Boro either i'm afraid..

I think the Villa Away Game may be your saving grace believe it or not, onlu onluess Hull don't beat Stoke, in which case you'd definately be gone..

i have had enough stitches by bottles,bricks,sharp coins in my time and given many back.

Are these collectors items of bottles, bricks and sharp coins you speak of.

Or are you telling me you throw bricks and bottles at people and come onto a website and boast about, if so youre a complete tw4t.

Should have stayed on the TV.

That's what the Kop where chanting... Shearer Shearer... Should of stayed on the Telly. :)

To Shearer credit he gave a bit of a smile back and took it on the chin, it was a funny moment since hes never really shows his feelings.

That's what the Kop where chanting... Shearer Shearer... Should of stayed on the Telly. :)

To Shearer credit he gave a bit of a smile back and took it on the chin, it was a funny moment since hes never really shows his feelings.

Yeah, and the United fans were chanting to the boro fans "You're going down with Shearer". All pretty funny really.

Think the title of the thread needs to be changed, as he's certainly not taken control of Newcastle. :D What a mess they are. If they go down, they are going to struggle in the fizzy for sure.

Yeah, and the United fans were chanting to the boro fans "You're going down with Shearer". All pretty funny really.

Think the title of the thread needs to be changed, as he's certainly not taken control of Newcastle. :D What a mess they are. If they go down, they are going to struggle in the fizzy for sure.

I remember when Keegan first took over at St James' Park in 92 he wasn't an instant success. He really struggled and Newcastle where on the brink of being relegated to the old 3rd division. Only victory in our last 2 games against Pompey and Leicester saved us from the drop. The season after that Newcastle won the league at a canter and the following season finished 3rd in the Premiership.

So even though Newcastle have been diabolical under Shearer, I still believe that he can look towards Keegan's initial tenure for hope and inspiration. At the end of the season it doesn't matter how badly Newcastle have played, it's all about finishing 17th or higher come the end of the season.