Insurance With Tourist Visa What And How To Do

I'm searching now for some time for health insurance,

I'm newbie in Thai and waiting for my retirement visa

Have no work permit and for now have only tourist visa !

What insurance can I get and what are the best around ?

Was thinking about to spend for health insurance between 40000 and 60000 a year

In patient only

I'm not traveling in Asia only for visa run.

All advise and help is welcome thank you

Han,

In patient only

Han,

In patient only

Han,

Quite frankly I don't think it is worth taking out health insurance in Thailand. The insurance companies base the rates on your age and since you are a retiree I presume you are over 50. You would not get a good policy much under 100,000 bt a year. There will be many exclusions too for pre-medical conditions.

If you are over 60 you would be looking at twice the amount and even more exclusions .Government hospitals are very good in Thailand and treatment including operations are so cheap that an expensive medical insurance is simply not worth while for elder persons. Insurances companies don't like insuring older people so they quote prohibitive prices to deter them. In many countries this practice is against the law

Quite frankly I don't think it is worth taking out health insurance in Thailand. The insurance companies base the rates on your age and since you are a retiree I presume you are over 50. You would not get a good policy much under 100,000 bt a year. There will be many exclusions too for pre-medical conditions.

If you are over 60 you would be looking at twice the amount and even more exclusions .Government hospitals are very good in Thailand and treatment including operations are so cheap that an expensive medical insurance is simply not worth while for elder persons. Insurances companies don't like insuring older people so they quote prohibitive prices to deter them. In many countries this practice is against the law

If I take LMG ultra care insurance, without outpatient and own risk of 40000 ,and limited area

my cost come around 44,000 ayear and don't have pre-medical conditions

and yea i'm 51

In patient only

Han,

Sorry, Antony, your advice is a bit oversimplied, to say the least. Keep in mind that all insurance companies in Thailand will cover treatment in government hospitals - they just won't pay to them directly. Since you don't mind paying the hospital yourself, I suggest that it would be safer and more practical for you to purchase some lower cost medical insurance and have it available for you as emergency back up protection.

If the Thai Visa Insurance doesn't float your boat try one of the ex-pat clubs in Pattaya....or where ever you are! Some insurance is better than no insurance. At 51 your a spring chicken!

I agree. you need at least basic health insurance. if you are in an accident and at least have some cover they will take you to a private hospital. if no cover then onto a government hospital (which i think are pretty good, just not so spanky new looking)

Allan