Regarding Harry Nicolaides And Cashing In On His Adventure

TAWP

Ironic isn't it, he only sold a couple of copies of the 'book' that caused all this trouble, now he will likely make a mint and become an author to boot. Career wise it could turn out to be the best thing he ever did.

and reinforces the notion that it was all intentional and staged...

In your dreams! :D

-----------------

6 months in a Thai pigsty, no wages!

Lawyer's bills, etc....... on a teacher's salary?

I hope he makes a fortune. :D

Good luck to him. :o

Edited by GungaDin

In your dreams! :D

-----------------

6 months in a Thai pigsty, no wages!

Lawyer's bills, etc....... on a teacher's salary?

I hope he makes a fortune. :D

Good luck to him. :o

Didn't say it all went to his plan, but certainly a lot can be said for the notion as posted previously in the threads.

It just went horribly wrong from his initial inklings of how to work it.

No doubt, though, in the end... his abysmal record as an author will come through and it'll be a flop and he'll be back to writing for Greek periodicals...

Well, no matter what your opinion of the man or his motivations, it sure exposed some serious concerns in the Thai legal system when it comes to this area of the law book. Intentional or not doesn't really matter, it's a clear and present concern to many.

it was all intentional and staged.

That has as much credibility as chemtrails in de sky! :wai:

Absolutely agree but then you have to look at who posted it :D I hope the guy makes a fortune and I bet he makes more than Siriciha John does posting 23000 posts on TV :o:D:D makes you wonder :D

Edited by FarangCravings

it was all intentional and staged.

That has as much credibility as chemtrails in de sky!

Absolutely agree but then you have to look at who posted it :wai: I hope the guy makes a fortune and I bet he makes more than Siriciha John does posting 23000 posts on TV :D:D:D makes you wonder :D

hahahaha... and is your business some sort of standard to go by? :o

evidently though, you're not familiar with the now-closed threads of Harry's Foibles... but if you were... it's all there.

Absolutely agree but then you have to look at who posted it :P I hope the guy makes a fortune and I bet he makes more than Siriciha John does posting 23000 posts on TV :D:D:D makes you wonder :D

hahahaha... and is your business some sort of standard to go by? :o

evidently though, you're not familiar with the now-closed threads of Harry's Foibles... but if you were... it's all there.

Sounds to me like your a little bit jealous that he is making money from his writings and its a case of sour grapes on your behalf :wai:

Edited by FarangCravings

That has as much credibility as chemtrails in de sky!

Absolutely agree but then you have to look at who posted it :burp: I hope the guy makes a fortune and I bet he makes more than Siriciha John does posting 23000 posts on TV makes you wonder

hahahaha... and is your business some sort of standard to go by? :D

Sounds to me like your a little bit jealous that he is making money from his writings and its a case of sour grapes on your behalf :jerk:

:D :D :o:wai::D:P

Whee!!... have another on me for your next post...

Because yeah... I'm jealous... of spending six months in a Thai prison cell.... yep... sure thing. Who wouldn't be?

geez... go easy on the hard stuff when you post.

Even have to fix the quotes for you. sheesh.... take a break.

Agreed.

...Career wise it could turn out to be the best thing he ever did.

Surprise, surprise. :o

Zero proof!

Another chemtrail supporter. :D

You know, if you stare at the clouds long enough you can see all kinds of things in them. :D

Zero proof!

Another chemtrail supporter. :o

You know, if you stare at the clouds long enough you can see all kinds of things in them. :D

Definitely zero proof. But did you read this?: http://www.smh.com.au/national/martyr-to-h...r6.html?page=-1

:D

Yes, and even if true, it was 5 yrs ago. It was a throwaway remark.

You have to question Dollar's motives for coming out of the woodwork when not one other person has, out of the hundreds of people Harry met and worked with in Thailand.

Still zero proof.

You're clutching at a single straw. :D There are no others!

No doubt, though, in the end... his abysmal record as an author will come through and it'll be a flop and he'll be back to writing for Greek periodicals...

get off your high horse, son.

if we made a book of all your postings on Thai visa it would be a massive flop, only plus would buy it.

he wrote a successful book in 2002, concierge confidential:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/12/...9656337127.html

get off your high horse, son.

if we made a book of all your postings on Thai visa it would be a massive flop, only plus would buy it.

he wrote a successful book in 2002, concierge confidential:

http://www.theage.com.au/articles/2002/12/...9656337127.html

"successful"... hahahaha...

are you his publicist?

anyway, he is what is he is... and his blogged bar crawl stories through the sleazy bars of Thailand are a testament to his great literary abilities...

btw, unlike ol' Harry... I never attempt to misguide people into thinking I'm some sort of author. In case you are unaware, internet forum posting is not the same as writing a book... but hey, if you can over-personalize a post with inflammatory comments to a member, don't let me stop you.

Thai gets 10 years for LM yesterday. :o

Link

From the article:

But in recent months, lese majeste complaints have been filed against a fledgling Australian novelist, a BBC correspondent, a prominent Buddhist intellectual and an activist who refused to stand during the playing of the Royal Anthem at a movie theater.

Nicolaides - "fledgling" !! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

BTW Gungadin, did you see the video on the BBC ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7903267.stm ) of Nicolaides returning to Australia? Seemed to me he was over-playing the role of innocent fledgling Aussie novelist. Just too fake for me, but I guess the sympathisers were taken in by the performance. :D

Thai gets 10 years for LM yesterday. :o

Link

From the article:

But in recent months, lese majeste complaints have been filed against a fledgling Australian novelist, a BBC correspondent, a prominent Buddhist intellectual and an activist who refused to stand during the playing of the Royal Anthem at a movie theater.

Nicolaides - "fledgling" !! Bwa-ha-ha-ha!

BTW Gungadin, did you see the video on the BBC ( http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/asia-pacific/7903267.stm ) of Nicolaides returning to Australia? Seemed to me he was over-playing the role of innocent fledgling Aussie novelist. Just too fake for me, but I guess the sympathisers were taken in by the performance. :D

Yes I did.

You have to remember HN is from a very close Greek/Aus family & Greeks are an emotional mob.

(probably the best immigrants we have had since the 1950's)

He was told of his mother's stroke shortly before boarding for his flt back to MEL.

Maybe that would explain his demeanor at MEL in front of the cameras...... jeeeeeez!

He went straight to the hospital to see his mother.

You're still clutching at very, very, thin straws. :D

gd