Receipt Of Notification Form Discrepancy

butterisbetter

I renewed my non immigrant O retirement visa on Jan 12. And the stamp that immigration imprinted in my passport shows that I renewed on that date. My receipt of notification form stipulated that I had to show up by that day as well. At any rate, when I renewed my visa, i wasn't given a new receipt of notification form. Immigration just left the old one stapled to my passport. Is this going to be a problem when I report to the Immigration office on or about April 12 to comply with the 90 day reporting requirement?

Did you point out yourself that you needed to do your 90 day report and gave them the form?

It seems they over looked it and I would report it to immigration to get it fixed. Might cost you 2,000 baht, as that is the fine for late reporting.

the fine was recently listed as 5,000. Again when did you last enter Thailand is more important. Even if the visa was renewed 12 January, the actually reporting is 90 days from the last 90 day report or from the date when you last entered Thailand. This is regardless of whether a Visa was renewed recently or not. They might have overlooked "reminding" you of the 90 day reporting but the fault goes back to you.

Edited by tigerbeer

The law states a fine of 5,000 plus 200 baht for each day one is in violation. But that is the maximum they can charge, so far they only charge 2,000. Although Pattay Immigration reported to go for 5,000 baht, I haven't seen reports yet that they actualy fined 5,000.

Note that it is not 90 days from the day he entered Thailand, but from the day he applied for his first extension. (Unless he left en re-enterd Thailand since then on a re-entry permit).

I renewed my non immigrant O retirement visa on Jan 12. And the stamp that immigration imprinted in my passport shows that I renewed on that date. My receipt of notification form stipulated that I had to show up by that day as well. At any rate, when I renewed my visa, i wasn't given a new receipt of notification form. Immigration just left the old one stapled to my passport. Is this going to be a problem when I report to the Immigration office on or about April 12 to comply with the 90 day reporting requirement?

This is Thailand, so who knows if this error is going to cause problems or not.

It could depend on whether the officer likes your face or not.

Be safe and get down to Immigration A>S>A>P, explain the error and get them to rectify it.