New Nang Nual

ToonBroon

Anyone any news of when the new Nang Nual Restaurant will be opening along the Chiang Mai-Lamphun Road in the Chiang Mai 89 Plaza (Op. Miguel's)? They seem to have been working on it for an age. The banner across the road says "March 14th". Maybe they mean April 14th. Hope the food is an improvement on its predecessor, unfortunately the view will not.

It's opening tomorrow (Sunday) - they're having a party there tonight. Yamamoto's is already open next door and I've heard good reports about it although it's a bit on the pricey side - about 300 baht for the buffet in the evening I think.

Wasn't to impressed with the Nang Nual, but loved Yamamoto's sushi buffet.

Anyone know if this will also be at the new place ?

Just out of curiousity - can you elaborate on your own experiences.

My own view view, and experience, is contrary to both of the intitial postings about the 'old Nang Nual'. Myself, employees and famlies and friends have dined at this restaurant (now gone) many times over the past ten years and found both the food (both western and Thai) and service, location and ambience to be delightful.

Just curious?

Could someone give me further directions for the new place.

Is it south of the city ? how far ? past the sheraton ?

Gladiator,

I thought the place was to big, like it was designed for coach tours.

The menu was huge, but the food nothing special.

The view on first appearance was nice (river), but on a closer look over the wall, it was a rubbish dump.

Not a bad place but didnt do it for me.

But, Yamamoto's was great.

Go south past the Holiday Inn (ex Sheraton), under the Superhighway (Mahidol Road) past the Adventure Hotel on your right and about 1 km further down the Chiang Mai-Lamphun Road the 89 Plaza is both on your left and right. (Just before the Nong Hoi Police Station). At night it's a hive of activity and difficult to miss. The Nang Nual and Yamamoto's are on the left and the New Miguel is on the right.

As Winnie says it is becoming a very interesting little center with good cheap Thai food for lunch and dinner from several small restaurants. I believe there is also now a night market and a Beer Garden.

Gladiator,

I thought the place was to big, like it was designed for coach tours.

The menu was huge, but the food nothing special.

The view on first appearance was nice (river), but on a closer look over the wall, it was a rubbish dump.

Not a bad place but didnt do it for me.

But, Yamamoto's was great.

Many thanks for your reply.

I guess that different perceptions is what makes the world go around.

In my own case - usually with a mixed group of Thai/Westerners - we would have a selection of Thai food plus , fresh oysters with chili sauce and condiments; Rock Lobster thermidor; sometimes chicken baked in a red wine sauce. Although I never had the opportunity to go along for breakfast - the prices seemed reasonable. Perhaps because I was somthing of a regular I manged to get 'special' service but even the wines were good

It does not look like The Nung Nual is going into the 89 Plaza.

Ate lunch there today at Yamamoto and looked at the place next door.

Called Steak and Seafood Buffet. Looks nasty, and with chafing dishes.

Yamamoto was alright but the question is, are you going back? I doubt it.