Toyota Hilux 3.0l Vs Cbr

name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>">
name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="
type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

Travelling from Nakhon Phanom; Some moves on the way to the Khon Kaen Biker Festival.

• 1 month later...

So sorry for stealing your precious life energy there mate. It's not meant to be ghost rider so keep your panties on there :)

Basically if you pause and read it this pick-up driver kept overtaking and slowing down, taunting me. He didn't like bikers very much.

So I had to get past him and away to end this pricks attitude.

Yeah he was a moron, but what can you do when you're a lone biker a zillion miles away from home-base?

Most of you won't have a clue having not bike toured miles away from home and been harryed by pick-up drivers so I understand your ignorance.

Next time try a tractor or a cement truck for more of a challenge.

Do they have a top speed exceeding a 3.0L TDI pick-up? If so, bring it on! :)

A good many vehicles have a top speed exceeding a diesel pick-up, after all the gearing only allows 180-200km/h at redline in 5th gear.

the truck kept on overtaking and slowing down...the truck slowed down because there was slower moving traffic infront and he had no chance of over taking. I don't think he was taunting you, you are thinking too much.

I doubt the driver was even aware you were there. This is just how Thai's drive. Pass whenever you can and sometimes when you can't. It's like having a country full of 16 year old boys behind the wheel in terms of judgment, common sense, and in most cases, experience. Go=pedel to the floor.

Edited by Scubabuddha

JK, I can't work out why you didnt round him up on the left hand side in the first 10 seconds :) .

I know man, I had chances sooner but I was 2 weeks into the tour, had been on the road for ages and was being a bit cagey.

I also had a bad vibe about overtaking him on a clear stretch for him to be on my tail. People may slag me off for overtaking on the inside, but the call was a fair one and after I did so he had no way of getting to me without trying to ram aside cars and other pick-ups :D

the truck kept on overtaking and slowing down...the truck slowed down because there was slower moving traffic infront and he had no chance of over taking. I don't think he was taunting you, you are thinking too much.

You have to understand, that very driver had been tailing, overtaking and slowing down for the past 10 minutes or so.

This wasn't shown on the video cause it would of been even longer to upload.

Some posters on here and youtube are already fussed about 3 minutes or so of their lives being 'wasted' by watching this clip :D Bless their precious minds! :)

Do they have a top speed exceeding a 3.0L TDI pick-up? If so, bring it on! :D

A good many vehicles have a top speed exceeding a diesel pick-up, after all the gearing only allows 180-200km/h at redline in 5th gear.

A good many is a broad brush to bandy about my aryan friend.

Overtaking a vehicle doing 180 - 200 kph on substandard Thai roads with side roads hither and thither is no mean feat.

You need to understand a CBR 400 is restricted to about 220 kph or so. This gives you a very narrow margin of speed to overcome a flat-out 3.0L TDI pick-up :)

With undertaking at slower speed of 80 kph using a bikes inherent advantage of narrow width versus bulky cars and trucks the safer option was to use guile as opposed to raw power :D

• 5 months later...

Do they have a top speed exceeding a 3.0L TDI pick-up? If so, bring it on! :D

A good many is a broad brush to bandy about my aryan friend.

Overtaking a vehicle doing 180 - 200 kph on substandard Thai roads with side roads hither and thither is no mean feat.

You need to understand a CBR 400 is restricted to about 220 kph or so. This gives you a very narrow margin of speed to overcome a flat-out 3.0L TDI pick-up :)

With undertaking at slower speed of 80 kph using a bikes inherent advantage of narrow width versus bulky cars and trucks the safer option was to use guile as opposed to raw power :D

i am with the others, perhaps you should keep these "gems" to yourself. i have watched a few of you videos now, and every time i click on one it is with the hope that something, anything will happen. honestly what is the point?

Are you a biker? Do you actually travel long distance or even go anywhere for pleasure on a motorbike outside of your comfy apartment district?

If you are I'm very surprised because you come across as some souless drone who whinges and complains about anyone who is different to them.

I enjoy my riding and the adventure that Thailand brings and if you've a problem with it then go to my profile and click on the ignore button and do us all a favour :)

Are you a biker? Do you actually travel long distance or even go anywhere for pleasure on a motorbike outside of your comfy apartment district?

If you are I'm very surprised because you come across as some souless drone who whinges and complains about anyone who is different to them.

I enjoy my riding and the adventure that Thailand brings and if you've a problem with it then go to my profile and click on the ignore button and do us all a favour :)

umm, yes and yes. i have had bikes in thailand for years and have ridden quite extensively on and off road.

you have intuited alot from my 50 or so word post, so i will leave you to it. ride on.

umm, yes and yes. i have had bikes in thailand for years and have ridden quite extensively on and off road.

you have intuited alot from my 50 or so word post, so i will leave you to it. ride on.

Well when you give me little to go off initially then make what appears to be wet lettuce assumptions and high horse morality what can you expect?

Ride on right back :D

You complain about bad driving and then you post a video of yourself undertaking trucks at fairly high speed, a great way to get yourself killed and all for nothing. Did you have any motorcycle riding experience before you came to Thailand?

What bad driving have I complained about?

Experience JK has: Enough.

Business it is of Madjbs: &lt;deleted&gt; all :)

But to be honest this attitude of 'how much experience you have' or 'where've you ridden' is pointless when Thailand is it's own entity for driving/riding.

If anything riding like we're in some over-regulated and police state land in the west with cameras watching your speed isn't really what a lot of bikers came here to do.

If you're a good rider you won't end up getting wasted riding out here unless the other driver does something stupid.

Edited by JimsKnight

Firstly, I don't like overtaking on the LHS, I've seen many of these incidents end in tears but having said that I'm not going to get too worked up about it either, this is LOS.....Have you actually seen how many people overtake up the left hand side? It occurs by the minute on just about every road in Thailand.

The other day I was just bobbing along a road not unsimilar to that one in the video doing my 60-65km/h, in my own little world. Vehicular traffic was going left right and centre, all at warp fact 120 plus and I spent the majority of my time as far left as I could get, with at least one eyeball pinned to my RHS rear vision mirror, waiting for that jerk who was going to run me down in cold blood :D .....

I've even had cars undertake me on the dirt verge to the road, so get real.

The little stunt by Jimknight in this video was fairly boring to say the least & would hardly qualify him for evil knievel status :)

http://img109.imageshack.us/img109/8092/evily.jpg

^Anyway, irregardless of which side you overtake them on or which ever way they are traveling, you need to take great care because they can suddenly diverge left or right without warning & do so without indicating, checking mirrors or even a slight headcheck.

Of course after diverging so carelessly and crashing they will be quick to look for a few $$$$ baht & try and blame someone else for the whole thing :) . Its a mad and bad world out there, you need to have eyes everywhere to avoid trouble.

Funny........ yes you might only get wasted if another driver does something stupid, but that is the whole point! Minimizing that risk is what makes a good rider. Like it or not, undertaking on a narrow patch of one lane road puts yourself and others in a very risky position. It has nothing to do with over regulation etc.....

If you were only putting your own life at risk, then it would be all fine, however, by driving recklessly you are risking other peoples lives as well. If you were trained to ride a bike properly you would know that and as I am sure you are a decent guy, I just don't really understand it.

Look Madjbs, you're in Thailand now, get used to it.

You need to leave your Euro-highway code head at the airport and put on a 'will it hit me, is it dangerous, can I make it? Yes I can' head on.

Otherwise they'll always be the JKs, Neverdies and so on on the one side and you, with all your 'do it the 'safe-farang way' on the other.

Listen to some of this before you answer and get your groove on to the adventure beat! :)

Edited by JimsKnight