Bangkok Nuclear Power Station Goes On Line.

lional6

How long after the station fires up does it go up in flames?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

in my opinion nuclear power is the only way countries in asia can keep pace with their energy demands. There will be smaller Gas fired ones for peak load But countries will have to use nuclear as their main source. Nuclear power technology has advanced and newer style reactors have been developed and will lead the way. China and south africa have been trialing pebble bed reactors for a few years and maybe will be the ones exporting this technology. Thailand will probably get nuclear power but the design and engineering will come from overseas. It will be up to the govrnment to ensure that the training provided to the operators is of an acceptable standard.

homer.jpg

waste disposal will be the most pressing concern

simpsonsfish2gp.jpg

:o :blush: :D

Let's make sure we are talking about the same place, a sky train goes the wrong way, the submarine train sorry that comes later, the subway has a collision and there are more events by son's of high and mighty we can only guess about.

Thailand has actually had a nuclear research reactor on-line since 1962. Its located in Vibhavadi Rangsit Road, near the airport. Thailand was the first country in SEA to go nuclear.

http://www.oaep.go.th/english/trr1m1.html

Hope they maintain the reactor better than the above webpage.  :o

DO check out the webpage mentioned in the previous post, really worth a look. :D

Ok people my poll has run it’s course, the result is 36.8% think all will be just great and fine and the sun will shine and the rain will fall. If the 63.2% were correct I would check the radiation count before walking in that rain. I myself voted that the first public holiday it will go bang. :o

I give you the Songkran Days scenario; a fellow worker full of the holiday sprits will douse their college near a breaker, causing a cascade. The reactor scrams see link if you think it can’t happen. http://www.nrc.gov/NRR/OVERSIGHT/ASSESS/NMP2/nmp2_pim.html

And being a holiday there’s No Senior people available to stop the core overheat.

Please don’t think I’m a white racist and anti Thai and they can’t get any thing right, that’s not the truth. I love Thailand and the Thai people, I married two of them and I know in my our heart there will be a third, when I can return an live out the rest of life in the one and only place I found on this planet I truly feel comfortable and I feel being at home. :D

in my opinion nuclear power is the only way countries in asia can keep pace with their energy demands. There will be smaller Gas fired ones for peak load But countries will have to use nuclear as their main source. Nuclear power technology has advanced and newer style reactors have been developed and will lead the way. China and south africa have been trialing pebble bed reactors for a few years and maybe will be the ones exporting this technology. Thailand will probably get nuclear power but the design and engineering will come from overseas. It will be up to the govrnment to ensure that the training provided to the operators is of an acceptable standard.

homer.jpg

waste disposal will be the most pressing concern

simpsonsfish2gp.jpg

:o  :blush:  :D

de-comishioning is the biggest problem ,and then theres tons of lowlevel waste being generated every year that has to be safely stowed away for a 100 years