Any Other Options Besides Sophon Cable?

Tokay

I personally do not watch TV but have some guests who will be staying with us for about 2 months and I want to get something installed for them. What I've seen of Sophon, it doesn't seem too appealing. I remember in Bangkok seeing a network with both HBO and Discovery, which would be perfect.

What are the options, if any? Or do I just tell them to read a book. heh

For cable it depends on where you live, there are BTV and one other, the name escapes me at the moment, but both are even worse.

You can get True via satellite but it is rather expensive and not very good either. They have a shop on Pattaya Klang, opposite from Carrefour about 100m towards the beach who can give you details.

What's the problem with Sophon anyway, they have several news channels including CNN, BBC, Fox, Bloomberg, CNBC, Aljazeera - and if you're after movies you can buy DVD's on most corners here cheap...

Edited by Phil Conners

For cable it depends on where you live, there are BTV and one other, the name escapes me at the moment, but both are even worse.

You can get True via satellite but it is rather expensive and not very good either. They have a shop on Pattaya Klang, opposite from Carrefour about 100m towards the beach who can give you details.

What's the problem with Sophon anyway, they have several news channels including CNN, BBC, Fox, Bloomberg, CNBC, Aljazeera - and if you're after movies you can buy DVD's on most corners here cheap...

I was looking for something with more "entertaining" channels, like Discovery or some kid channels. I have no idea what is out there, but I'll check into the satellite perhaps.

But yes, you are right, maybe some good old bootleg DVDs will do the trick.

I was looking for something with more "entertaining" channels, like Discovery or some kid channels. I have no idea what is out there, but I'll check into the satellite perhaps.

But yes, you are right, maybe some good old bootleg DVDs will do the trick.

Just remember if you go the UBC route (satellite) they are going to tie you into a 12 month contract...UBC is ok for a while, but the repeats start getting on your nerves after a while