Non-o Visa In Hong Kong

Does anyone know if i need to show evidence of 400,000 baht if i apply for Marriage Non-O visa in Hong Kong, just like as in Laos and Singapore. Or is it the same if i go back to my home country, not have to show anything besides marriage certificate.

I have not heard of any such requirement in Laos and Singapore only required it for the multi entry type and they no longer issue them. 400k is an immigration requirement for extension of stay - it is not normally a requirement for visa issue.

As stated, the Bt400k or Bt500k that Pattaya want is at immigration. Getting a single entry non imm"O" just needed the marriage certificate but I agree that to get a multiple entry, Singapore did want a show of funds.

As you can get a year extension and re entry permit, what is the real benefit of a multiple entry visa if you are going to convert it to an annual extension ?

Rumour has/had it that HK were not too friendly on the visa front!!

True and they were singing off the wrong hymn sheet as well !

I asked them about 1 year non imm "O" multi visas for various reasons including having a kid and they just bleated on about rules that went out of force in about 2006, stated that I must be married or over 55 for a retirement visa. When told that they were using out of date regulations, they denied it and restated their position.

They are a pain in the backside.

However, if married, then a single entry non imm should be k which you can change into an annual extension if you have a kid and can show 400k or 40k a month if you don't have a kid. Whether they will now issue non imm to under 50 with a kid and not married I do not k now but I would not risk it unless confirmed on email. Even then there are easier places to get what you want.