New Dodge Challenger Looks Sweet As hel_l

New Dodge Challenger Looks Sweat As hel_l

Doesn't it have air-con then?

It's here at Auto Exchange in Pattaya. The Hemi Top Model, 6.9 Mill, Ford Mustang i saw advertised in BKK Post for 4. something million. Ford GT is available too. It's all here, but as usually much more expensive then in US and therefore unreachable for most of us (including me). Just a dream!

That's the reason why i spend every years a couple months in Hawaii and Vegas. To enjoy my cars there.

It's here at Auto Exchange in Pattaya. The Hemi Top Model, 6.9 Mill, Ford Mustang i saw advertised in BKK Post for 4. something million. Ford GT is available too. It's all here, but as usually much more expensive then in US and therefore unreachable for most of us (including me). Just a dream!

Yeah I saw one in Auto Exchange a few Months back.. In Thai terms it's a 'bargain' for 6.9m When you consider a Mini is 2.6m and the 3.5 litre Toyota Camry 'Q' is over 3m.

When I saw it I kinda expected it to be cheaper here because it's base price of 28k in the States is dam_n cheap when compared to Euro cars with similar performance. 28k USD is only around 19k GBP.. which in turn is less than 1 mil Baht.. I thought the luxury/import tax etc only roughly tripled the price of a car ? Not increased it by a factor of 6.. Mini is 16k in UK = 770k Baht after tax 2.6m Baht

no sense in it to me.. I'd love to see the tax/duty figure breakdown..

That's the reason why i spend every years a couple months in Hawaii and Vegas. To enjoy my cars there.

haha. must be cool to be rich enough to drop 7m on a dodge challenger.

Yeah I saw one in Auto Exchange a few Months back.. In Thai terms it's a 'bargain' for 6.9m When you consider a Mini is 2.6m and the 3.5 litre Toyota Camry 'Q' is over 3m.

When I saw it I kinda expected it to be cheaper here because it's base price of 28k in the States is dam_n cheap when compared to Euro cars with similar performance. 28k USD is only around 19k GBP.. which in turn is less than 1 mil Baht.. I thought the luxury/import tax etc only roughly tripled the price of a car ? Not increased it by a factor of 6.. Mini is 16k in UK = 770k Baht after tax 2.6m Baht

Obviously somebody is making big money on this challenger.Import legally by yourself and you get for half the price.

Bit of topic but passed auto exchange tonight and the showroom was less then half filled.Lots of cars gone in just 1 day.

Obviously somebody is making big money on this challenger.Import legally by yourself and you get for half the price.

Bit of topic but passed auto exchange tonight and the showroom was less then half filled.Lots of cars gone in just 1 day.

No, you have to see the facts: The car they offer here is the Hemi Top Modell ,not the basic one. The basic one cost only 23'k in US with a V6 cylinder engine, so far as i know. The V8 cost about 28'k but it isn't the Hemi one. I don't know how much is the Hemi one in the states right now, but in Switzerland (my home) it cost about 80'000 Swiss Franks, wich is maybe about 65'k USD, so if it cost in US about 50'k you have to pay 300% import duty (not trible the amount), 3 time the amount on the top of the 50'000 USD wich is actually 150'k on the Top, so this it's gona be 200'000 USD for the car wich is 7 Million Baht at the moment. so the dealer actually doesn't get much profit either. They imported this cars, when the Baht was stronger. A new import with a new price would cost maybe 8 Milion, if you consider the dealermargin too. I personaly guess a million should be dealers profit (25% of the salesprice), otherwise it's not worth the hassles and risc to import a car.

Okay so it's 1.3m Baht in the States for the Hemi.. + 300% So that's 5.2m plus reg & shipping.

Sounds like the dealer wants to make a good 1m+ in profit unless there are other costs I'm not aware of..

Even so in a Baht for Performance point of view it still ain't a bad price.. An STI Scooby is over 3m and I'm pretty sure the M series BMW's etc are more expensive too.. Okay it's a big 'yank tank' and probably has a nasty interior but it has heaps of street cred and I bet that V8 Hemi packs a punch.. Wonder if it comes in 5 or 6 speed manual ?

Mustang for 4 Million? I'ts the appeal of that car that it's a firecly fast car that a working man can afford?

rich people get bored with their ferraris and lambos! they like to have something they dont have to be careful with!

Ferarris and Lambos are much more expensive and difficult to maintenance. Mustangs and Challengers, are much more riliable and turn heads as well. Personally out of my budget anyway, but if i could afford, i would prefer a 4 million mustang than a 25 Million Ferarri or Lambo.

In the UK the list price with the Hemi engine is 49,995, so almost double the price.....

Noticed this advert so why the price?? if it only cost 28,000 in the USA ?

Make Dodge Model Challenger SRT Price $64,500

(approx. £44,069 or €48,656) Year 2009 Category Supercars Mileage 12 Miles Colour Black Transmission Manual LHD / RHD LHD Convertible No Location Houston,

United States of America Private / Trade Private Car ID 47380 No of Views 1672 Confirmed For Sale 22 days ago

ill take the ferrari :D

I'd take a Porsche, better built and can go round corners too!

I had a ride in a Tesla Roadster recently (as a passenger; they wouldn't let me drive it :o ). Now that is a car that I would love to have. Not practical considering that it is all-electric and would need to be charged at home every few days, but crazy fast, and handles well.

I had a ride in a Tesla Roadster recently (as a passenger; they wouldn't let me drive it :o ). Now that is a car that I would love to have. Not practical considering that it is all-electric and would need to be charged at home every few days, but crazy fast, and handles well.

It looks like a Lotus (same body), nice design.

It looks like a Lotus (same body), nice design.

Yes, they contracted with Lotus for some of the design. They also share the same overall design philosophy of minimalism and light weight. Tesla will be coming out with a sedan that will be less expensive and not as fast, but more practical than a roadster for most people's needs. That won't be available for another two or three years, though, so I'll have to wait. I really hope they survive this economic crisis.