Dead Child Near Moat

flying

Well, farangcravings

There is no point in picking on me, this thread is about the tragic drowning of a child and perhaps maybe the best ways that this can be prevented from happening again the future.

One way would be to put up signs saying swimming in the moats is prohibited and impose a 2000 baht fine for offenders, the same fees as for smoking in public places. 2000 baht is a lot for a Thai.

Just the signs could act as a deterant.

Edited by sassienie

Well, farangcravings

There is no point in picking on me, this thread is about the tragic drowning of a child and perhaps maybe the best ways that this can be prevented from happening again the future.

One way would be to put up signs saying swimming in the moats is prohibited and impose a 2000 baht fine for offenders, the same fees as for smoking in public places. 2000 baht is a lot for a Thai.

Im not picking on you Sassiene I am simply asking you to back up what you post you say the moat is rat infested I simply am asking you where you came to this conclusion as I have seen no rats.

Edited by FarangCravings

Well, farangcravings

Im not picking on you Sassiene I am simply asking you to back up what you post you say the moat is rat infested I simply am asking you where you came to this conclusion as I have seen no rats.

I have seen rats running about on the banks of these moats. Which means the waters could also a health hazard as well as a danger of drowning for swimmers.

If you`re not satisfied with that answer, that`s up to you.

Nothing more painful they say then losing a child, like someone said, very sad for the family and parents.

I walked by the moat the other day witnessed kids swimming on all 4 sides. Laughing and playing and having so much fun.

I laughed and thought of growing up near the ocean. The fun we had every summer in the water. The big waves

under current, seaweed, strange fish swimming around, well, we survived. I know some don't, but it's better then having them/us

playing in street all the time and much safer then the ocean was when I was a child.

My dad grew up in the midwest USA and as a boy he swam with his friends in creeks. There were water snakes, and snapping turtles in the water and no lifeguard on duty, let the children swim in the moat.

May the little one RIP and may his friends swim until their hearts content, just watch each others back.

what about the rats when did you see them ? infested means an aweful lot of them

There have been lots of rats around the moat for years. The last time they fixed the cement either killed a lot or it just keeps them better hidden, anyway, sometimes you see them running along the edges of the moat and on the footpath at night.

Edited by Ulysses G.

what about the rats when did you see them ? infested means an aweful lot of them

There have been lots of rats around the moat for years. The last time they fixed the cement either killed a lot or just keeps them better hidden, anyway, sometimes you see them running along the edges of the moat and on the footpath at night.

Ok so not infested just a few here and there.

If I was a rat I would certainly choose a better place to spend my time such as close to the market food stalls lots of good stuff to eat round there.