Where To Buy A Snake For Export In Bangkok?

hi,

i am searching for some addresses of pet / animal stores in bangkok.

the background is, that i want to buy a few pythons (morelia viridis) for me... i need a shop / trader / farm, that is able to supply cites and export certificates for me.

i will only be about a week in bangkok in 2 month, it would be very nice if i find someone who is able to give me some address or is able to help me directly :o

thanks in advance

morelia

hi,

the background is, that i want to buy a few pythons (morelia viridis) for me... i need a shop / trader / farm, that is able to supply cites and export certificates for me.

i will only be about a week in bangkok in 2 month, it would be very nice if i find someone who is able to give me some address or is able to help me directly :o

thanks in advance

morelia

Hi,

the only place I saw in bangkok (but I guess there are many other) is at chatuchack weekend market (jj market). If you take a walk on the backside of the market there is an area where they sell animals.

I saw with my eyes sharks (around 1 meter long) in the aquariums, many kind of snakes and spiders, small cocrodiles, lizards and many more.

It's unbeleavable what you can buy at that market.

For export certifications, I am not sure, and higly doubt you can get from them, but you can give them a try.

Hope this helps.

my advice as well: go to chatuchak, there are some quite professional reptile shops...we bought our snake from there. not all the shops are open every day, so sat/sun would be the best possibililty for you, or if you have their contact details and call they´ll open the shop for you during the week as well.

i can´t find the card right now, otherwise i would have recommended ours. but believe me: there are many.

only about the export certificate i´m not sure.

hi,

thanks in advance

morelia

Hi,

the only place I saw in bangkok (but I guess there are many other) is at chatuchack weekend market (jj market). If you take a walk on the backside of the market there is an area where they sell animals.

I saw with my eyes sharks (around 1 meter long) in the aquariums, many kind of snakes and spiders, small cocrodiles, lizards and many more.

For export certifications, I am not sure, and higly doubt you can get from them, but you can give them a try.

Hope this helps.

Chatuchak market does sell a lot of wildlife but most of it is illegal and protected under the CITES act. You may be able to buy pythons here legally with registration documents but pythons are wild animals and so belong in the wild. If you really feel you need to own a wild animal as a pet then please at the very least make sure it is from a reputable breeder with proper licences and not part of the growing illegal wildlife trade.

"It would be very nice..."

No, it wouldn't. Trading in wildlife is a crime, for good reasons. Wild populations are collapsing, due to many different pressures, and one of them is the trafficking of animals such as it appears you are asking for.

Chatuchak is an awful place for animals, and anyone who benefits from it should be ashamed of themselves. Show some compassion, some understanding of the issues...

So please, as others have said, purchase the snakes you want from a reputable breeder in your home country.

• 2 years later...

Old post I know but never the less... Chatuchak has a lot of shops that sell wild animals illegally but also has many places that sell captive bred and imported animals.

You can't export snakes from Thailand, not even if it's your per snake that you have imported, once it is in Thailand by law it has to stay hear no matter what the breed, no exports of snakes period!

You won't make much money off of buying snakes and exporting them even if you could, because most captive bred ones are normally cheaper in the states or even Europe and wild caught once should stay in the wild.

Edited by Fantastic5

• 2 months later...
hi,

i will only be about a week in bangkok in 2 month, it would be very nice if i find someone who is able to give me some address or is able to help me directly wink.gif

thanks in advance

morelia

Hi,

Hope this helps.

Chatuchak market does sell a lot of wildlife but most of it is illegal and protected under the CITES act. You may be able to buy pythons here legally with registration documents but pythons are wild animals and so belong in the wild. If you really feel you need to own a wild animal as a pet then please at the very least make sure it is from a reputable breeder with proper licences and not part of the growing illegal wildlife trade.

Why are pythons wild? People have kept snakes for at least as long as they have cats and dogs - ancient Egyptians and Mayans for example. Also, though some pythons are native to Thailand, it is still possible to get captive bred African pythans too. I doubt you will find any licensed snake for pet breeders here at all - if the license even exists - licensed breeder of snakes here are usually related to snake farms where venom for anti-venom is collected (i.e. for keeping poisonous indiginous species - and non-poisonous food snakes for cobras).