Cod Waw Map Pack 1 Not Available In Asia!

davejonesbkk

Im pretty annoyed right now, I never usually buy MS points for DLC but I love COD Waw so I especially bought a 1600 points card only to get a message saying 'not available in your region'. Anyone know how I can get round this???

Long shot but have you tried changing your location on the xbox setup menu? It used to work (changing it to US used to let you download movies which are not available outside the US). Worth a try but I am sure they might have changed to look up your IP address!

I'm very angry as well, But my friends in Hong Kong have bought it! I don't understand what's going on :o .

I think xbox live is available in Hong Kong - In Thailand the xbox 360 has never been officiallly available so you are not really supposed to use it from there :D

I'm very angry as well, But my friends in Hong Kong have bought it! I don't understand what's going on :o .

I think xbox live is available in Hong Kong - In Thailand the xbox 360 has never been officiallly available so you are not really supposed to use it from there :D

I dont think its that cos I downloaded the COD4 map pack in Thailand last year with no problems. On the official Xbox forums some guy in Dubai said he has the same problems.

Would this work? Connect Xbox to computer, then connect computer to internet going through and American proxy server and then connect to Live?

I dont think its that cos I downloaded the COD4 map pack in Thailand last year with no problems. On the official Xbox forums some guy in Dubai said he has the same problems.

Would this work? Connect Xbox to computer, then connect computer to internet going through and American proxy server and then connect to Live?

Could be as Dubai is not one of the 27 official countries where live is available, same as Thailand

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:XBL_Map.png http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:XBL_Map.pngXbox Live availability in the world

http://' target="_blank">

Hope this helps?

These guys in South Africa reckon they can can get around this new problem of region lock on DLC from XBL. As some one explained before XBL checks for your registered account locale and your actual IP address for some DLC such as the new WAW maps. Think its due to laws affecting game ratings and caused a problem recently in Germany.

Anyway these guys on the www.xbox-360.co.za forum made a list of instruction for setting up VPN connection via your PC see PDF Link basically have to use your PC

Also anopther option (could be <deleted> though) that if you have a reliable contact in the country you first registered your XBL account with in your case the UK. Give them your XBL account access details and they can log into your account via the xboxlive.com website (not actual xbox console) and download the content from there, the content will go into a Auto download que. Once you turn on your actual Xbox and log in regardless of local it will be in your pending list and then start download (could be nonsense :o ) but kind of makes sense.

Edited by Devil

This is EXCELLENT info, thanks a lot! I will be trying this soon.

What I don't get is though, if MS have such a problem with people from non Live regions downloading content then how come they dont just block all non Live region IPs from signing into Live at all?

This is EXCELLENT info, thanks a lot! I will be trying this soon.

What I don't get is though, if MS have such a problem with people from non Live regions downloading content then how come they dont just block all non Live region IPs from signing into Live at all?

I had problems getting UK gamer points (my account is UK) a while back after my credit card wouldn't work anymore (worked fine for 14 months or so before) when MS changed the region checking to what your credit card address is to your IP address. I bought some Asia M Points as that's all I could get and they don't work on my UK account in Thailand. In the end I had to make a dummy account (make it Asia) and gamer Tag and use those points to download Halo Map on to my Hard Drive. I found out you could still play anything down loaded on the Hard Drive with up to 3 Gamer tags as long as registered on the same hard drive.

• 1 month later...
Hope this helps?

These guys in South Africa reckon they can can get around this new problem of region lock on DLC from XBL. As some one explained before XBL checks for your registered account locale and your actual IP address for some DLC such as the new WAW maps. Think its due to laws affecting game ratings and caused a problem recently in Germany.

Anyway these guys on the www.xbox-360.co.za forum made a list of instruction for setting up VPN connection via your PC see PDF Link basically have to use your PC

Also anopther option (could be <deleted> though) that if you have a reliable contact in the country you first registered your XBL account with in your case the UK. Give them your XBL account access details and they can log into your account via the xboxlive.com website (not actual xbox console) and download the content from there, the content will go into a Auto download que. Once you turn on your actual Xbox and log in regardless of local it will be in your pending list and then start download (could be nonsense :) ) but kind of makes sense.

Your last point, I tried that with my friend in Hong Kong, he started the download via xbox.com. The download begins to work, but it then stops at 98% and says "You cannot download this content". I finally got the map packs, I had my friend from Beijing send me his other HD so that I could play.