Address

You don't even need to have ever been in Thailand for an O-A long stay visa based on retirement. That is obtained in your home country. You will be expected to have some address while in Thailand and you are required to report it every 90 days even if there is no change.

Most banks want a local address and may require verification by Embassy or Immigration. Others may not.

Thanks Lopburi

Plan is to do a fair bit of travelling, as budget is on the cheap charlie side may not want to maintain a permanant residence.

Is there any PO boxes or mail agency that would satisfy address requirements?

Robby

Although this plan may work for the first year O-A type entry do not believe immigration will be very happy with it when you try to extend without some kind of physical address so have no idea if PO box world work. The whole idea of the visa class is that you spend money inside the country issuing it during the year - not to make your retirement easy.

Although this plan may work for the first year O-A type entry do not believe immigration will be very happy with it when you try to extend without some kind of physical address so have no idea if PO box world work.  The whole idea of the visa class is that you spend money inside the country issuing it during the year - not to make your retirement easy.

A self confessed cheap charlie mightn't have the income or 800k Lop.

800b is not a problem or maintaining it over the years provided I am carefull

but do have budget to work within

I would like to see as much of the country as possible so plan to travel

maintaining a residence means virtualy paying twice for accommodation when on the move. any double up on expenses that can be avoided means more to spend on what I want

Was born in Scotland :o