Red-shirts Battle Blue-shirts In Pattaya

george

I would hate to be Abhisit now. The feeling in your stomach that you finally became PM and then you have to step down again after such a short time must really not be a nice one. If he had only played it smart and called for free elections right away, he would have been PM for a long time. People would have probably voted for him too. But by clinging on to power and not letting go, he gave the momentum back to Thaksin.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

10th April 2009. No weapon as per the law. Otherwise they would have been cleared by tear gas.

610x8.jpg

Molotov coctails, Slingshorts with bolts no weapons? Blocking PM's of other nations not a crime? I wonder what would happen to me if I go with some people to a hotel where Barrack Bbama has his quaters and block him from leaving. WHAT would the americans do you think?

Just look and say: Nice we don't intefere, they fix it themselve?

theres 60,000,000 people in Thailand, lets say 30,000,000 are voting age, that crowd at the most is 100,000, thats 0.3 of a percent of voters, Im not saying their views should be disregarded but to say they represent the majority is pure speculation, they may just have to wait for the next elections as happens in other democracies

Other democracies?

Thaksin's T.R.T. come to power - the P.A.D. call foul and have the party abolished and its members barred from office.

The P.P.P. come to power - the P.A.D. call foul, storm Suvarnabhumi Airport until the Contitutional Court (PAD) dissolves the PPP and bars its members from holding office.

"as happens in other democracies?".

Ignoring the constitutional will of the people is not democracy.

T.R.T. were foul

P.P.P were foul

so did the PAD not have the right do demonstrate and pressure the courts into making a decision, before the government was able to change the law/constitution preventing the court ruling (removing the dissolution penalty for vote buying)?

The reds want new elections, but I think everyone knows who would be elected - a Thaksin puppet government that later will be found guilty (again) of buying votes... at which point PAD will cal foul and go on the streets again.

Does anyone here have a solution to this never ending circle?!

yes, i have. bring THAKSIN to court with equal justice.

Hammered!... are you seeing this for the first time in Thailand.... ? if so I got nothing say ... but then if you where here last year... have you seen YELLOW shits doing terribly dangerous protest all over Bangkok and in other provinces ... So what you see today is not even a friction of what yellows did last year...

I have been here for decades. Whaty happened last year was wrong but that doesnt mean what is happening today is right,. Vicious power struggle and both sides have their armed thugs. Innocent people should always be protected. Violence is always wrong.

I agree 100% but any more talk like that and I will punch your f***ing head in..!!!!...(just joking) On a more serious note, when are we going to get the Wet-T shirts, then we will all see who the real tits are.!! And keep abreast of this situation once and for all...!! I laughed that much I nearly fell off my Trone....

The reds want new elections, but I think everyone knows who would be elected - a Thaksin puppet government that later will be found guilty (again) of buying votes... at which point PAD will cal foul and go on the streets again.

The Thaksin government was convicted of nowhere near enough vote buying that would have changed the election results in any way. However, Democrat MPs were also convicted of vote buying. Everyone seems to forget/ignore that.

In the end, it evens out. Everyone buys votes.

Red-shirts battle blue-shirts in Pattaya

The outnumbered blue-shirted local people.

So far, the security authorities had not step in to stop the clash yet.

-- The Nation 2009-04-11

Why are local people being used as security and why aren't the real security forces stepping in?

Sounds like an engineered situation and some rather bias reporting.

Could not agree more, why was the "security" forces assigned to protect the SUMMITT not part of holding them back?

Why was it all "locals" that happened to be wearing blue shirts at the time?

It looked to me as if the Security Forces were defending the Red's...one death and Mark knows he will have to go...whats more important...a "silly summit"..or clinging onto power at any cost?

By saying "silly summit" I mean what on earth is Thailand gonna do regarding N.Korea???? There are enough problems at home to deal with.

You see, democracy in Thailand will be working like this in the future (unless things change):

1. Elections are held.

2. The new government needs to be approved by the elite (now using a front called the 'PAD')

3. If the 'PAD' don't like the government, it will be removed.

4. Elections are held again

5. (Repeat steps 2. and 3. until a government is elected that the 'PAD' approves)

And there you have a brand new, democratically elected government that the people have chosen (or that the people were forced to choose because all others were removed and banned from office).

Thais have a choice:

1. A prime minister that pockets money for himself and does something for the country.

2. A prime minister that pockets money for himself and does nothing for the country.

Hint: (Abhisit is #2 on the ballot).

And I am still waiting for someone, just someone to be able to say something in support of Abhisit, Suthep, Kasit or aof the other muppet show. All I see here is attacks on Thaksin to cover the pathetic rule of the current government.

Most of us here accept that Thaksin did wrong but he also did a lot of good as you say. Abhisit has no intention of doing any good as it is not in his interest or rather the interest of his backers who just want a dumbed down workforce to make them money.

This pressure on the government is about democracy. Now the ASEAN summit is over Abhisist can resign as he said last week he could not resign becasue he had to host it. No need now... :o

How about .... "they always return their mothers phone calls"

theres 60,000,000 people in Thailand, lets say 30,000,000 are voting age, that crowd at the most is 100,000, thats 0.3 of a percent of voters, Im not saying their views should be disregarded but to say they represent the majority is pure speculation, they may just have to wait for the next elections as happens in other democracies

Other democracies?

Thaksin's T.R.T. come to power - the P.A.D. call foul and have the party abolished and its members barred from office.

The P.P.P. come to power - the P.A.D. call foul, storm Suvarnabhumi Airport until the Contitutional Court (PAD) dissolves the PPP and bars its members from holding office.

T.R.T. were foul

P.P.P were foul

so did the PAD not have the right do demonstrate and pressure the courts into making a decision, before the government was able to change the law/constitution preventing the court ruling (removing the dissolution penalty for vote buying)?

Perhaps to follow demand from red shirt concerning military backup and the adviser?

If you guys read all news in the developing (and corrupted) countries, then you know that military usually plays important role in the dirty game.

From The Nation:

Red shirts who broke into press hall of a Pattaya hotel demanded Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to step down, claiming that the he ordered shootings of two taxi drivers who are red shirts members.

"Abhisit Vejjajiva should step down as the prime minister as he was the one who ordered the killings," he said.

He claimed that two taxi drivers were seriously injured this morning. One later died while another was suffering from serious wounds.

Moreover, the premier also ordered police to disperse the red shirts and to use weapons on the protesters.

He claimed he and the red shirts will stay peacefully in the hall but the government have to find the shooters.

Full story:

http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingne...ed-shirt-leader

My wife tells me that in most of Issan Thaksin is referred to as "Paw".

Your wife is from Isaan? And you support the reds? :o I'm shocked!

Could there be a connection?

Yes its called Thai Citizenship..............Whats yours?

Of course I support Thaksin. He's done more for the people of Thailand than the PAD whose only interest is in Bangkok. Why don't you open your eyes and try undertstand what is happening here and what Thaksin Shinawatra has done for the people of Thailand as opposed the PAD whose only interest are themselves and the other middle class and pseudo upper class people of the capital. Have you taken a look at the current Prime Minister recently?

And you know this because your wife told you, or because you have lived and worked in Thailand for the last ... years, you speak the language and you meet with Thai people of all backgrounds and from all over the country?

Red-shirts battle blue-shirts in Pattaya

The outnumbered blue-shirted local people.

So far, the security authorities had not step in to stop the clash yet.

-- The Nation 2009-04-11

Why are local people being used as security and why aren't the real security forces stepping in?

Sounds like an engineered situation and some rather bias reporting.

Could not agree more, why was the "security" forces assigned to protect the SUMMITT not part of holding them back?

Why was it all "locals" that happened to be wearing blue shirts at the time?

It looked to me as if the Security Forces were defending the Red's...one death and Mark knows he will have to go...whats more important...a "silly summit"..or clinging onto power at any cost?

By saying "silly summit" I mean what on earth is Thailand gonna do regarding N.Korea???? There are enough problems at home to deal with.

Agree, - to stop a convict, who has no guts to fight his case at home but in hiding, to destroy this country furthermore!

Other democracies?

T.R.T. were foul

P.P.P were foul

Simple and only one solution:

Military GVT until this jungle people educated,

what means democratic - and not demo-cracy !

and than in 100 years - estimated time for education,

new elections should be held !

Good save the King !

Lets show him up as King of Thailand !

How much time did Thaksin have to do "good" and how much of that time did he use to exploit the country for his own good? It's a bit ridiculous to try and compare Thaksin with the PAD me thinks. And to to good is to give people a couple of thousand baht to buy their loyalty... well, I would call that pure exploitation of people who have no education and can't see further than their nose.

Millions - thats millions - of Thai people can now afford healthcare thanks to Thaksin Shinawatra. Before he was Prime Minister Thailand had no national healthcare program. If you couldn't afford healthcare - you died - simple as that. Now the hospitals are overflowing by people many of whom earn less than 300 baht a day but have enough to get treatment for medical conditions minor and serious.

Thaksins supporters are loyal to him and will remain loyal to him not because you naively think he's paying them - they're loyal to him because they look on him as a champion of the poor - a man who stands up for rights of the people of Thailand you condescendinlgy dismiss.

All Thai politicians are corrupt - do you think people of Thailand give a rats ass if Thaksin is?

They dont.

They do care that they can take their children and parents for life saving operations that were previously out of reach.

Edited by slim

Give Kim Jong-il and North Korea a lesson on military dictatorship? They could learn something from Thailand.

The Thaksin government was convicted of nowhere near enough vote buying that would have changed the election results in any way. However, Democrat MPs were also convicted of vote buying. Everyone seems to forget/ignore that.

In the end, it evens out. Everyone buys votes.

If I remember right, the law says something along the lines that if people who lead the party were found of vote fraud the party will be dissolved. In the case of the P.P.P. it happened to be every single one of them, while with the Democrats it was some members...

Just a thought here:

Let's say it's evened out, and both are playing foul equally... doesn't that say pretty much about how Thailand is NOT ready for a democracy, and that the party that comes to power is the one that is the most crook as it buys the most votes?

Rainman, you disappeared for a while there. Out washing the blood out of one of your red t-shirts?? :o

Wow, you were really close there with that guess.

No, actually I was supervising the construction of our house, in specific at that moment, the kitchen. I almost missed your dumb comments for a while, too.

Need any more details or does that satisfy you for now? :D

From The Nation:
Red shirts who broke into press hall of a Pattaya hotel demanded Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva to step down, claiming that the he ordered shootings of two taxi drivers who are red shirts members.

"Abhisit Vejjajiva should step down as the prime minister as he was the one who ordered the killings," he said.

He claimed that two taxi drivers were seriously injured this morning. One later died while another was suffering from serious wounds.

Moreover, the premier also ordered police to disperse the red shirts and to use weapons on the protesters.

He claimed he and the red shirts will stay peacefully in the hall but the government have to find the shooters.

Full story:

irresponsible news reporting again. there should be a law with regards to the media that "misleading the reader" should be prosecuted of up to 100 to life years in jail. the term "ordered the killing" is misleading and 100% sure not the right words to describe this situtation. shame on all the media reporters who are exploiting this incident to sell their nonsense. :o

I would hate to be Abhisit now. The feeling in your stomach that you finally became PM and then you have to step down again after such a short time must really not be a nice one. If he had only played it smart and called for free elections right away, he would have been PM for a long time. People would have probably voted for him too. But by clinging on to power and not letting go, he gave the momentum back to Thaksin.

With all due respect, I think a lot of others would also agree and would hate for you to be Abhisit now :o

Rainman, you disappeared for a while there. Out washing the blood out of one of your red t-shirts?? :o

No, actually I was supervising the construction of our house, in specific at that moment, the kitchen. I almost missed your dumb comments for a while, too.

i know the colour of your feekin' kitchen... RED!

Let us not be too critical of poor barely educated who try hard could do better

When the level headed Dutch, the revolting French and Fighting Irish who voted in EU refernda

Their mandate was not respected.

When the actual votes in Florida were counted did democracy win?

Thailand is not quite ready to be a Banana Republic,perhaps in Asokes next re-incarnation.

With a ltd grasp of public relations and impact on inward investment and tourism/retirement

Just as Maggie Thatchers legacy was Blair

Malaysia my second home programme and Singapore etc must be laughing all the way to the bank

Gloria Arroyo from Bih whorehouseswap The Flippas has been helicoptered ou no doubt to get work permits for working gals in Angles city

Where are the wise words from respected leaders? The Burmese revolt was led by holymen.

Absit's a dead duck (just as the generals wanted0

and he Chinese bailout must be prejudiced when they cannot even secure an hotel let alone cash!

Am I the only one who can smell a coup coming

Easter rising coup mock elections corruption reminds me of a screensaver of nodding donkeys

Edited by RubbaJohnny

not only is it severely bias, its overly dramatic. they claim the local residents were "weeping with fear" at the red protesters

I bet they were watching the daily soap opera and their favorite movie star nearly kissed the girl he's been chasing for the last 500 episodes, while romantic music was playing.

What part of the route that the inocent unarmed protesters do you live on then?

I will not argue the poor politics nor the total incompitance of the security forces but don't assume that all thai people who see a bunch of thugs weilding weapons that range from cut and sharpened bamboo sticks through to 1 metre long knives maurading past their home are not frightened.

I don't care what colour shirt anyone wears nor do the majority of the falangs who may have wanted to visit this country but now will no longer be interested in coming.

The lights are quickly going out for Thailand

From The Nation:

Full story:

irresponsible news reporting again. there should be a law with regards to the media that "misleading the reader" should be prosecuted of up to 100 to life years in jail. the term "ordered the killing" is misleading and 100% sure not the right words to describe this situtation. shame on all the media reporters who are exploiting this incident to sell their nonsense. :o

You know you should quit while your behind.....

First you make that comment about tuk tuk drivers

now this????

You know that report said this...........

PM Abhisit is a killer and liar : red shirt leader

That mean a red shirt leader said that. SO that is 100% accurate.

Perhaps a 100 years of reading comprehension is in order??

AGREE 100%

A new election is the best solution.

Current government took over the position undemocratically, how do they have the face to keep the power?

Funny I dont see you castigating the actions of a mob who has caused damage and destruction to property, armed and dangerous, and who have caused a multi national summit to be cancelled.

They just came on TV & said they will gladly pay for the broken window.

I wonder if PAD will pay the Billions due at the airport?

As for armed & dangerous..........Have not seen it but have see the other blue/black guys causing such. Same with all the tapes showing the armed violence back at the airport.

You say double standards like a pot calling a kettle black.

Spot on and too true Flying!!! Guys with the hand guns shooting at anybody that even resembles an opposition... right on youTube...

as bad as this is for thailand and the government, it is even worse for Thaksin.

Did I miss something here? Or did you accidentally say "even worse" instead of "a light at the end of the tunnel"?

Rainman, you disappeared for a while there. Out washing the blood out of one of your red t-shirts?? :D

i know the colour of your feekin' kitchen... RED!

:o:D :D