Funny Thing About Recent Pattaya Protests

gk10002000

I just read online that some Thais were saying the protests are part of democracy. Well, protest is one thing, blocking roads, shutting down transports, disrutpting businesses, etc is another.

They intereviewed one man who says he lost his travel business last year after the other colored shirts people closed the airport. So now, he is out blocking the streets and disruting things wearing his colored shirt now. Just nutty.

What a mess for the country. I was in Thailand all of last November and December and it was so sad to see all the mindless people being taken advantage of, and all the businesses and small time people losing money. I am glad I don't like Song Kran and had no plans to make my tenth trip to the LOS until May at the earliest. This latest round of protests and disruptions is likely going to make me try another country for a change. I have been meaning to anyway, so might as well do it now while Thailand decides how they want to govern themselves.

I just read online that some Thais were saying the protests are part of democracy. Well, protest is one thing, blocking roads, shutting down transports, disrutpting businesses, etc is another.

They intereviewed one man who says he lost his travel business last year after the other colored shirts people closed the airport. So now, he is out blocking the streets and disruting things wearing his colored shirt now. Just nutty.

What a mess for the country. I was in Thailand all of last November and December and it was so sad to see all the mindless people being taken advantage of, and all the businesses and small time people losing money. I am glad I don't like Song Kran and had no plans to make my tenth trip to the LOS until May at the earliest. This latest round of protests and disruptions is likely going to make me try another country for a change. I have been meaning to anyway, so might as well do it now while Thailand decides how they want to govern themselves.

I think the police/local government had already achieved the disruption with parking restrictions and arbitrary closing/making one way of roads to accomodate the Summit. These protestors have actually done us locals a favour by having the meetings abandoned and the roads reopened to give us a days respite before the nonsense of Songkarn kicks in!