george

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

But what does state of emergency actually means?

Does it mean police and army will now use the force? or all of us people living in Pattaya have to walk around in fear of being attacked?

Lucky for me, i live 100 meters away from red shirts camp(which was overnight near Big C)

Not only i was unable to go get some food, but had to listen to the crap all night long. Mind you with so many people all 7 elevens and family marts were emptied out of food and drinks in under an hour.

So not only i could not buy any food, i also could not order any food.

So state of emergency means, they will use force to move the camp or does it mean i have to starve to death or ????????????????

Do not need to worry about my other half, she can cook and eat all the bugs and grass around the condo, but i am not at that level yet

Your joking. These cops won't do nothing. There useless except at collecting bribes.

Good riddance!

I think when speaking of 'losing face' this should be remembered. Government doesn't seem to be able to arrange even meeting without being totally paralyzed.

I think this will destroy the remains of the credibility of this country and its people.

There has been no credibility in this country for many years :o

The only positive sign was Abhisit being given an opportunity at the wheel.

Most of these people who want to wreck chaos and destruction on the country have the collective IQ of a geranium............

I can not understand why everyone needs to blame Taksin.(no one in the foreign community realizes what Taksin really did for this country...now he's angry, and he will have his vendetta, the government WILL NEVER stop him)...

If we remember right, they declared Marshall law when he was out of the country... which in my opinion lacks backbone to face someone and charge them publicly...

They never had the b***s to charge him publicly... they did it behind his back... now.. we have what we have...

Yet, everyone complains about red, yellow,blue idiots... but what about the people? don't the people have the say?

That is true democracy... a government by the people for the people and of the people... not of the upper elite corrupt people... that is not of the people... that is the people who belong in prison... and if u condemn taksin to prison, then i think the who political system with policeman, government office and teachers/directors(government) truly belong there for their corrupt control of power. So I think Taksin has a lot of company to join him... if this is where the whole matter belongs.

stop corruption then u stop the problems... but until EVERYONE realizes that this country is in the shizz...

I'm glad the Asean conference see the loss of face of a face lost country... now, rebuild with some quality in in mind.

Remove all the government people from their jobs, put them out, then u will start having an effective system that maybe can manage itself.. or put the fear of god into those hurting this country instead of trying to steal, cheat all the people, foreign and domestic that is around...

So good, red is stirring it up... maybe we will have a solution.

I hope the dumpster is ready...

l8z

Well said.......among so many messages

it seems as if the lunatics are now running the asylum.

a few minutes before the statement a red shirt leader spoke to the press from the lobby of the royal cliff hotel that they had stormed , saying that the government had one hour to arrest the men (blue shirts)who shot and wounded a taxi driver or they would storm the meeting itself.

i find it unbelievable that

1. the govt. chose to hold this meeting in a location like pattaya , so easy for the protesters to get there and assemble.

2. that the police and army could not secure the area where the meeting was to be held and prevent this disruption.

3. that the hotel security was breached so easily.

it is as if they wanted to let the red shirts win the day.

its very embarrassing for the country.

Ordinary Thais wont like this red shirt action

What a stupid thing to say. Ordinary Thais didn't like the yellow shirts actions either. Most people just want ot get on with their lives and don't want to play puppet on a string for some tin-pot politician

The police and authorities are trying to keep a low profile when dealing with these thugs, whatever colour shirts they wear.

Problem is that the thugs see the police as working for whoever is in power and in a no win situation.

If the police or army goes in with all guns blazing, this could create martyrs and spark off a civil war, that is the aims of both sides in this crisis.

It appears that Thailand has become politically unstable and for any one with investments here, it may be worthwhile selling up and considering living somewhere else.

post-11344-1239435619_thumb.jpg

I have to ask a question that’s been bugging me for some time now. The Thai's see us Falangs (they will never capitalize this word) as money only! They tolerate our presence at best for reasons I’m sure we are all (as guests) well aware of. Throughout this "circus act" over the last couple of years I have to wonder when the Thai's attention will turn to us. How and more importantly WILL the government be able to control the spit roasting and consuming of tasty falang flesh?

Joking aside... for me this is a serious matter. My children are half Thai and I now consider this my "home" (I still have an emotional bag packed just in case ... and who hasn’t with this farce of control?)

Any thoughts people?

The problem in Thailand is not going to be solved easily, neither the police nor the army is going to start shooting. The government dare not issue any order to shoot or even use water canon to disperse the protesters. Just because what the yellow shirted protesters did last year nothing was being done to stop them, now who cares... :o

Abhisit - sorry, but your hopeless.

Every one has a right to protest, but within the law.

Where are the cops ? Stupid question really.

Just like the yellows did RIGHT yes stupid question the cops were watching just like before at least both are being treated equally

LOL

Maybe we should have a military goverment cause they sure acted in the coup

even in our democratic countries we would gun down this RED TERRORISTS !

Sure such demonstrators which just demolish reputation od a country you

have to categorice them as TERRORISTS !

And the GVT ?? not able to get save 1 resort for a meeting :-(((((((( !

Is this still a jungle - bushman country ??

Sad SAD sad !!

The police and authorities are trying to keep a low profile when dealing with these thugs, whatever colour shirts they wear.

Problem is that the thugs see the police as working for whoever is in power and in a no win situation.

If the police or army goes in with all guns blazing, this could create martyrs and spark off a civil war, that is the aims of both sides in this crisis.

It appears that Thailand has become politically unstable and for any one with investments here, it may be worthwhile selling up and considering living somewhere else.

You are right there, but what about water cannons, gas etc.

look at the numbers something like 20 000 red shirts which is not even 1/2 percent of Thailand .

I think Thai people are sooo sick of this crap, that there will be no civil war but instead people will be thankful.

In the current world crisis which has not hit Thailand as much yet, with all this nonsense going on, when it does, it will hit so hard that a nuclear bomb will seem like gift.

In what country in the world have you ever heard of Presidents of Prime Ministers of foreign nations being trapped in the hotel????????????? and authority's doing nothing about that.

and whats worse is that Thailand assured the world that the security is up to world standards and all leaders are safe-they call this safe?

May be ask the USS destroyer to provide protection, since Thai mighty military and Thai super trained cops can not do anything,

Or they can always ask Chinese government for help-this would be sorted in less then an hour-all dead!

i had a feeling this was going to happen back in December. Occupy an aiport and get the government out. Occupy a city and get the governemnt out. It could go on forever and it is indeed laughable (if not so serious for Thailand) that all along the way the word "Democracy' is used. I begining to think the word does not tanslate in this country!!

I think when speaking of 'losing face' this should be remembered.... I think this will destroy the remains of the credibility of this country and its people.

Luckily for the government: You won't lose what you don't have. As for Pattaya: This amiable sea-side resort town

with all its congressional and conference facilities was reduced again to what it really always has been and will be...

Obviously the Thai Government reflects the Thai people = does not know what goes on outside it's borders :o .When other nations hold summits that potentionaly hold a threat of disruption they are held at a isolated residence/hotel that all the delagates stay at ,properly protected so they can still hold the meeting even if there is a war going on outside.

I don't think that "they don't know"... certainly, would be a bit easy, wouldn't it?

But maybe there might be a rather funny twist to it!

What happens if somewhere else surfaces that the summit was finished early and postponed because some

countries (India & China) weren't ready, didn't send an envoy etc. , to sign a certain contract!?

That "Victory" which is claimed now, could become a very tough lemon to swallow!

However the outcome it's looks like a win for the red shirts and Mr.Thaksin,

it may very well turn out to be the beginning of their demise.

They certainly made a heap of admirers in the Chonburi-Pattaya area and scored some more points there!

Just came back from town witnessed taxi upon taxi pass by full of read shirt supporters and an entire lorry load full of them waving their flags. Police seemed to be posted along every road but what’s the point they don’t seem to do anything?

I am not taking sides here I don’t know enough in detail about the facts on both sides but it seems to me to be a major embarrassment for this country that all this should happen. I feel sorry for Thailand. I wonder what ordinary Thai people make of the red shirts and yellow shirts and their antics?

All the political drama plays out like a low budget Thai TV Soap.....

This is their country (Thai people), while we as westerners may regard the political system here as a Banana Republic.... It is Thier country, and it is only our perception of "normal" that dirrers.

Maybe it is time to abbolish the elected governments and reurn to Absolute Monarchy Rule. :o

I have to ask a question that’s been bugging me for some time now. The Thai's see us Falangs (they will never capitalize this word) as money only! They tolerate our presence at best for reasons I’m sure we are all (as guests) well aware of. Throughout this "circus act" over the last couple of years I have to wonder when the Thai's attention will turn to us. How and more importantly WILL the government be able to control the spit roasting and consuming of tasty falang flesh?

Joking aside... for me this is a serious matter. My children are half Thai and I now consider this my "home" (I still have an emotional bag packed just in case ... and who hasn’t with this farce of control?)

Any thoughts people?

Scary but true!!!

Answer is, we will either die or die fighting and government will say sorry and then make up some story that the farangs were doing something illegal.

Pure incompetence on the part of Abhisit and his ministers. The G20 summit had protestors but they didn't get near the venue. This summit should have been held on Koh Samui where the protestors would not have had easy access like BKK to Pattaya.....incompetence!

even in our democratic countries we would gun down this RED TERRORISTS !

Sure such demonstrators which just demolish reputation od a country you

have to categorice them as TERRORISTS !

And the GVT ?? not able to get save 1 resort for a meeting :-(((((((( !

Is this still a jungle - bushman country ??

Sad SAD sad !!

No in our democratic countries we would not. We would jail whoever shot at the red party. Seen the fallout from one dead demonstrator (or random drunk) at G-20? Your solution is the redneck solution. Why do you think meetings in European countries have such massive protection? Experience of what happens if not, and also experience of what happens if you harm even one of them.

Of course the measures that would have to be taken to prevent demos close to the meeting would have pissed of the farang expats that couldnt get their daily 10 beers and gogo show.

No worries, Suthep is in charge of the emergency. I'm sure his competence will shine like his leadership of the ASEAN sequrity...

You are right there, but what about water cannons, gas etc.

look at the numbers something like 20 000 red shirts which is not even 1/2 percent of Thailand .

I think Thai people are sooo sick of this crap, that there will be no civil war but instead people will be thankful.

In the current world crisis which has not hit Thailand as much yet, with all this nonsense going on, when it does, it will hit so hard that a nuclear bomb will seem like gift.

In what country in the world have you ever heard of Presidents of Prime Ministers of foreign nations being trapped in the hotel????????????? and authority's doing nothing about that.

and whats worse is that Thailand assured the world that the security is up to world standards and all leaders are safe-they call this safe?

May be ask the USS destroyer to provide protection, since Thai mighty military and Thai super trained cops can not do anything,

Or they can always ask Chinese government for help-this would be sorted in less then an hour-all dead!

bigg words all true, but what about a whole navy in the somaly waters who see a hostage captain give it a try , and do nothing ......???? is ths not the country with the makings of movies as "delta force" :o

Don't worry, everything will be okay, an updated list of police transferred to inactive posts is being drawn up right now.

Have the government decided water cannon won't work in Thailand due to some immunity gained over generations of participating in songkran?

Any thoughts people?

Ive already voted with my feet, after more than 10 increasingly weary and dissappointing years here, so I am just a visitor now and I dont care any more abouot trying to live in this insulting country.

When the Schwepps hits the fan - and it will - dont expect any help protecting yourself from the howling mob. If they cant protect heads of state (what an appalling embarrassment) they certainly wont do anything for hapless flangs (except take bribes)

GH this place has never been your home. Its their land and you are standing on it

As a poster said, they havent experienced the full effects of the economic crisis yet, but its coming like a huge tsunami. And when it gets really bad with nothing to fill their rice bowls, then you will see and feel the underlying hatred that has always existing for the flang. we will be blamed for their problems, so get out while you can, the writing is on the wall

you have been warned

[

Of course the measures that would have to be taken to prevent demos close to the meeting would have pissed of the farang expats that couldnt get their daily 10 beers and gogo show.

What a retarded post?!!!!!

Not all of us expats drink and go go gogo bars

Some actually live and run businesses over here and have family's . and when i am unable to go buy food for myself or the kids because the morons have blocked off all the roads near my condo and BigC-YES THAT would piss me off and on top screaming their crap all night long, that not only the soi dogs start to haul but kids can not sleep-that would piss anyone off.

it seems as if the lunatics are now running the asylum.

a few minutes before the statement a red shirt leader spoke to the press from the lobby of the royal cliff hotel that they had stormed , saying that the government had one hour to arrest the men (blue shirts)who shot and wounded a taxi driver or they would storm the meeting itself.

i find it unbelievable that

1. the govt. chose to hold this meeting in a location like pattaya , so easy for the protesters to get there and assemble.

2. that the police and army could not secure the area where the meeting was to be held and prevent this disruption.

3. that the hotel security was breached so easily.

it is as if they wanted to let the red shirts win the day.

its very embarrassing for the country.

Ordinary Thais wont like this red shirt action

Guess they prefer the Yellow shirt then......

Why did they not choose a venue such as Koh Samui? They could have easily flown down and made it difficult for the crazy red shirts to follow them in time, or at all. I'm afraid that Thai's aren't very good at logical thinking.

Yes a sad state :o of affair for Thailand, not quite on par with the yellow shirts closing the airport but still something that but the kindgom in a dim light with the rest of the, my guess this country will bounce back big time in a few short months or so :D:D

Pure incompetence on the part of Abhisit and his ministers. The G20 summit had protestors but they didn't get near the venue. This summit should have been held on Koh Samui where the protestors would not have had easy access like BKK to Pattaya.....incompetence!

I don't think there was enough girls, bars, nightly shows for the summit people...

LOS=Land of s..? or smiles?

:o

:o This whole circus is tragic for the people who are going to lose their jobs because tourism will collapse. The world has many alternatives and will rapidly take their business there. What beggars belief is the attitude of the ordinary Thai people I know who just shrug their shoulders & walk away from the issue or say 'you should not compare Thailand to England or USA'. Well I have news for them the people who have money to spend are doing those comparisons right now and it is not a pretty picture. This country needs to stop being so inward looking and tied to the past. Yes be proud of history heritage & culture, but get into the real world. Without strong leadership there will be no government that can tackle the problems. Schoolboy Abhisit needs to either grow 'hair' or get out of the job and let someone else get down to work. But then again, there is no one who has any ability is there!