Email Settings For Post Responses Versus Topic Posts

PhootThaiMaiDai

Anyone know if the system can be tweeked, so that a post response to only your post response is emailed as a notification to your regular email, versus every single time someone posts to the main topic. Not that I mind clearing every one of the hundreds of posts, but it would save me some time to only see who was commenting on my comments, to their comments.

I checked my email settings, not sure what else to tweek. This is the first time I've had this problem on a forum...

Thanks!

At the top click on My Controls then left side > Subscriptions > View Topics. You can change the subscribed topic from "Immediate" (which gives you an e-mail for every reply in a topic) to "Delayed" which will only give you an e-mail if you posted a reply in the topic.

Moved to forum support.

At the top click on My Controls then left side > Subscriptions > View Topics. You can change the subscribed topic from "Immediate" (which gives you an e-mail for every reply in a topic) to "Delayed" which will only give you an e-mail if you posted a reply in the topic.

Moved to forum support.

So there's no selective setting to only be notified if someone responded to your response? Some of these topics have hundreds of posts, but my measly two or three posts and their direct affect or trickle down is what would get lost in the mix unless I hunted through all several hundred responses, each time.

Especially on YouTube, when there's a six month running thread on a video, and some get quite heated and lengthy and back and forth, several times, that's what I'm curious if I can do. I can't solve the world's problems if I can't straighten everybody out, one at a time...

If there's a better way to do on the ThaiVisa forum, what I'm looking for, that would be my follow up question...

Thanks again!

George is planning on a major forum upgrade some time this year, not sure if this can be included but will be sure to add it to the wish list. :o

***edit, difference from youtube is that the posts aren't in a tree format, so people aren't responding to your post but are posting in the general thread. Seems like the only way you could guarantee someone was responding to your post alone was if they quoted your post.