Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Songkran Starts

Greenside

Come on then and join in our 'Thai Visa Songkran Photo Competition' :o

Glad you like them - please visit my gallery when you have a moment. I'm still processing some of the ones I took today and if I come up with any others that are OK I'll add them to your competition thread.

Nay I think these pictures are from last years. Whatever, there will be a warmup tomorrow, I saw several buses powdered down around town today, five little kids out with there little water guns, but nothing like this YET! :burp::P :jerk: :burp: Stay tune, it's coming soon. :D:o:D : :D:wai::D

Nay I think these pictures are from last years. Whatever, there will be a warmup tomorrow, I saw several buses powdered down around town today, five little kids out with there little water guns, but nothing like this YET! :burp::P :jerk: :burp: Stay tune, it's coming soon. :D:o:D : :D:wai::D

The warmup was today (until the storm came along) - tomorrow will be out and out warfare...

509993649_JF3CC-L.jpg

By the way, if you want to see the date the pictures were taken, you can check the EXIF information which appears in my gallery

Because EXIF information is enforced by the Department of Homeland Security to always be correct, with tourist police randomly stopping and checking photographers equipment to verify that the date is set correctly.... :o Kidding.. keep up the excellent shots.. How are you protecting your camera by the way? Underwater housing?

Nice pictures neighbor, was out to Samoeng today and it was much quieter. The odd splash every few kilometers was nice, though the kids are out of practice and there timing was off; many times missing me completely. Of course needing a cool down, a quick u-turn on the bike was required.

Not going to miss Songkran at all Ian? How’s the BC weather currently?

Hay, thanks for the cool photos.

Wife and I walked around Central Plaza side of the moat, did we had a fun, the water felt so good!

Some real cold water which was the best.....

Tomorrow we will walk around the other side......

Also, Yesterday I acquired a copy a notice that was given out by the Chiangmai Traffic Police (in Thai only) notifiying us of their plans to control the 'traffic mess' that happens over Songkran break around the moat. For Mon-Wed (13-15) they will prohibit traffic from entering into town near the moat. The times for this closure are 12:00 (noon) to 18:00 p.m. They have made arrangements for transportation to be provided from the larger shopping malls-stores. (Big C, Lotus (x2), Makro, Carrefour, Railway Station, Airport Plaza, Amway Parking Lot (?), ChiangMai Cultural Center, Municipal Stadium.

They say that these 'shuttle' services may charge up to but no more than 10 baht per person.

Contact number for the radio dispatcher.... 053-235-595

While there's what sounds like a state of anarchy breaking out in BKK I'm sure you can't wait for another second to see today's pictures, so here's a sample:

510677594_xU3mC-L.jpg

The boys are back in town....

PS Does this daily storm thing come with the territory at Songkran?

Nice pictures neighbor, was out to Samoeng today and it was much quieter. The odd splash every few kilometers was nice, though the kids are out of practice and there timing was off; many times missing me completely. Of course needing a cool down, a quick u-turn on the bike was required.

Not going to miss Songkran at all Ian? How's the BC weather currently?

I'm having my OWN version of Songkran. This was me yesterday. Notice the snow covered hills behind me and all the body "armour"... :o

Cowichan_above_Skutz_5.jpg

Greensides photos DO look like fun though.

From the information I receive, God is providing Chiang Mai with HIS own version of Songkran and we are currently having a gentle COLD rain all day here in BC. It's okay if you are dressed for it.

Great pics, so clear and perfect timing! Puts me to shame with my poor efforts! Your plastic bag obviously held up better than mine! My camera is still drying out, not easy taking photos on a motorbike while being drenched!

Great pics, so clear and perfect timing! Puts me to shame with my poor efforts! Your plastic bag obviously held up better than mine! My camera is still drying out, not easy taking photos on a motorbike while being drenched!

I had a waterproof case last year and still didn't get many shots as nice as those posted!

I checked out all of Greenside's photos on his website and all I can see is a lot of people having fun. I saw none of the negative stuff I keep hearing about. I'm not sure how it affects the regular businesses though when it goes on as long as it does. I don't know any person working in a bank or office that would want to arrive soaked and have to work all day in wet clothes. Too bad it's not like Loikatong festival in November where it only lasts two days.

511673194_4g6x9-XL.jpg

That girl(?) looks HUGE! She(?) certainly is MUCH taller than anyone else around her(?).

She was strikingly tall and quite stunning. I'm pretty sure she was a genuine lady or my facilities are failing/tastes are changing (strike non-applicable altnernative).