Chicago Steak House

getgoin

It was going to be on the 3rd floor. Must not have happened.

It was fully underway toward an opening, I saw the construction and the furniture going in, but for reasons unknown it has been put on hold.

Yes, there is a third floor, it used to be Coyote's offices.

The Chicago Steak house will open towards the end of this month. There have been some delays due to the availablilty of essential items, but it has not been put on hold It will be located on the 3rd floor above Coyote. If you are in the area and want to come and take a look please feel free. I may even buy you a Margarita :o . I will post again when the opening date is confirmed.

Edited by shalimar

The Chicago Steak house will open towards the end of this month. There have been some delays due to the availablilty of essential items, but it has not been put on hold It will be located on the 3rd floor above Coyote. If you are in the area and want to come and take a look please feel free. I may even buy you a Margarita :o . I will post again when the opening date is confirmed.

Sounds good to me to have a steakhouse at Patong beach, will come this evening(Friday) for the Margarita,ok?

Gerd

• 1 month later...

I went to the steakhouse tonight and the food was, well it's the best dam_n steak I've had in Asia. Being a carnivore and a steak junky I give this place 2 thumbs up. I had the 700oz. top sirloin slathered beneath a buttery mushroom cream . REAL mashed potatoes and a salad bar with all sorts of salads ranging from pasta salads, potato salads, chicken salads, grilled veg salads, etc.. and of course just greens and several choices of dressing, with everything included (steak dish and all you can eat salad bar) 600 baht. Two people helped with my meal but I still had to have it wrapped up.

My mate had the Ny strip steak topped with a burbon bbq sauce, horse radish mashed potatoes, and the salad bar. 400ish baht.

Both steaks cooked perfect medium rare. I'm drooling on my keyboard! MUST GO BACK SOON!!!!

Pretty romantic venue without being pretenscious too.

I went to the steakhouse tonight and the food was, well it's the best dam_n steak I've had in Asia. Being a carnivore and a steak junky I give this place 2 thumbs up. I had the 700oz. top sirloin slathered beneath a buttery mushroom cream . REAL mashed potatoes and a salad bar with all sorts of salads ranging from pasta salads, potato salads, chicken salads, grilled veg salads, etc.. and of course just greens and several choices of dressing, with everything included (steak dish and all you can eat salad bar) 600 baht. Two people helped with my meal but I still had to have it wrapped up.

My mate had the Ny strip steak topped with a burbon bbq sauce, horse radish mashed potatoes, and the salad bar. 400ish baht.

Both steaks cooked perfect medium rare. I'm drooling on my keyboard! MUST GO BACK SOON!!!!

Errrrr, third floor above WHICH Starbucks in Patong? What road? Is it on the beach road near Baan Thai resort? Please let me know. I am also a steak (and mashed) junky. Thanks in advance for info.

Errrrr, third floor above WHICH Starbucks in Patong? What road? Is it on the beach road near Baan Thai resort? Please let me know. I am also a steak (and mashed) junky. Thanks in advance for info.

Beach road=YES

Near Baan Thai Resort=YES

On top(3rd floor) of Coyote Restaurant

Will check it out this week as well when I have time.

Gerd

I ate there on Saturday night, it was the best sirloin steak I have had in Thailand, the salad bar is awsome. prices are fair, I think cheap for what we had. Iwill be going back next time I am in Phuket. I have to say, the place looked very classy, whoever built and designed it did a good job.

Do they serve US beef?

Gerd

I smell a RAT burger!

First we have get 'getgoin!" who joined TV in dec takes about 5 or 6 months to get a place off the ground, I guess to get some cred, then shalimar who obviously runs the place as a newbie with 4 posts and offering free margaritas, then gobalguppy 23 posts giving a glowing report, how much is the beer?

Then on top a mod that's had a free drink but not yet had the food.

I have seen some cunning marketing before but this is class, well done boys. Maybe onnut is an old friend,investor?,

Maybe I am off the target but you look like one.

I smell a RAT burger!

First we have get 'getgoin!" who joined TV in dec takes about 5 or 6 months to get a place off the ground, I guess to get some cred, then shalimar who obviously runs the place as a newbie with 4 posts and offering free margaritas, then gobalguppy 23 posts giving a glowing report, how much is the beer?

I have seen some cunning marketing before but this is class, well done boys. Maybe onnut is an old friend,investor?,

Paul,

In some points you are wrong, sorry.

My "free Margaritta" was actually a small bottle of water. Went there and had a chat with the Chef.

Not sure who is behind the other names you've mentioned in your post :) ...........................

Gerd

I smell a RAT burger!

How am I a rat burger!? :) I'm just telling it like it is, just like I raved about the Angry Pizza Man (Focasscia Pizzeria) on the pier road in Chalong, and several other places that are my favorite places to eat. I can't spell focasscia for the life of me but I suggest you check that place out too. Before I go off topic let's get back to rat burger!

Mmmm rat burger..... I bet they could grill a really good rat burger as long as it's served smothered in that creamy buttery sauce from the 7th layer of heaven AND with those mashed potatoes!!!! :D Why do I do this to myself at 1am?

For those of you having trouble picturing the location in your heads:

Drive down the beach road in Patong beach will be on your left hand side.

I reckon you drive slowly on your right hand side for about 2 minuets .

You will soon see a Starbucks. Look up and there's a sign that says Chicago Steakhouse. It's about the size of Mars.

Find parking and run inside!

Oh wine by the glass is 150 for the house wines. A bit more than I'd like to pay and the beers are average. I stuck to water, not wanting to fill my belly with anything other than the food!

[

I smell a RAT burger!

Nice try but I just heard about it and wanted to turn to the members of the forum to see if it was there. I do not live in Pukette.

Although I'm sure you are probably right about a couple of the posters. This thread should be closed now that the place has been opened and confirmed and my question answered. Thanks

Edited by getgoin

Although I'm sure you are probably right about a couple of the posters. This thread should be closed now that the place has been opened and confirmed and my question answered. Thanks

This topic will be left open to allow further comments.

• 3 months later...

I finally got the chance to check out the Chicago Steak House, and they put together a salad bar buffet that will make everyone happy THey even have artichoke hearts in one of their salads.

Triple thumbs up on the salad bar buffet, but leave room for the steak.

The steaks are some of the beast you can get, and start at around 495 baht. THat includes the salad bar. Also the selections of gravies. I love gravy, so I kept asking for seconds.

THe ambiance is great. No staff hovering around to bug you.

Over all very classy, cosy & ambient. You have to check out the decor for your self, pretty amazing. Kinda place you would sit and enjoy, well after the meal is done.

Aust wine is 150 Baht by the glass, cant beat it & good wine too. I musta had half a cask.

Cheers

• 5 months later...
  • 10 months later...

Service was crap ordered ribs x 3 then daughters meal arrived and we were then told sorry no ribs ok then pork loin solly no pork ok beef ribs solly no beef ribs

didnt leave much on the menu but we stayed and i will not return

I am wondering how it is going on? Responses from chefs, owners and patrons are appreciated.