Can Post With Maxnet, But Not With Cat Hinet

tropo

HELP!

Over the last few days I've been unable to post using my CAT HiNet Internet connection, yet I have no problem with TT&T's Maxnet (other than it being very slow).

When I try to post on CAT HiNet the reply editor doesn't load fully. The "initialising attachments" Java applet keeps circling. When I click on send, I get the IE "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" page. Refreshing will get me back to the editor with all my text missing.

Does anyone have any suggestions, solutions or answers?

Edited by tropo

HELP!

Over the last few days I've been unable to post using my CAT HiNet Internet connection, yet I have no problem with TT&T's Maxnet (other than it being very slow).

When I try to post on CAT HiNet the reply editor doesn't load fully. The "initialising attachments" Java applet keeps circling. When I click on send, I get the IE "Internet Explorer cannot display the webpage" page. Refreshing will get me back to the editor with all my text missing.

Does anyone have any suggestions, solutions or answers?

IT issue or TIT issue?

Start with this, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Can-t-Read-Post-s-t199754.html

If you've used CAT before you may want to pull a ticket with their help desk and find out what's going on; sometimes it's just a bottleneck when too many people try to use the system at one time which causes you to loose enough bandwidth (simple explanation), or they may be performing a routine or maintenance that accidentally, as a side effect, fails certain operations. If you've never used it before, then you may have problems with you ISP (rare) and then it's a simple matter of getting them to see it your way.

With computers, it may be that you need to reinstall software, or add a plug-in, or there's the distinct possibility that you might log in and post and everything will be all better.

If you figure it out, give us a follow-up post and maybe your lesson with help someone else down the road...

Edited by PhootThaiMaiDai

Had this with CAT before - they have blocked your port 25 as they think you are spamming. Go and speak to them and they will unblock it

I'm sharing this connection with other apartments in my building, so I have no idea what the other residents are up to. How would you approach this problem with customer support? They aren't very easy to communicate with in English and I have no Thai partner to help out.

IT issue or TIT issue?

Start with this, http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Can-t-Read-Post-s-t199754.html

If you've used CAT before you may want to pull a ticket with their help desk and find out what's going on; sometimes it's just a bottleneck when too many people try to use the system at one time which causes you to loose enough bandwidth (simple explanation), or they may be performing a routine or maintenance that accidentally, as a side effect, fails certain operations. If you've never used it before, then you may have problems with you ISP (rare) and then it's a simple matter of getting them to see it your way.

With computers, it may be that you need to reinstall software, or add a plug-in, or there's the distinct possibility that you might log in and post and everything will be all better.

If you figure it out, give us a follow-up post and maybe your lesson with help someone else down the road...

Thanks for your feedback.

I can elimate a computer problem as I have the same problem on two different computers.

Perhaps CAT are doing some maintenance which is effecting our service as it has been very slow over the days I've been having this problem.

• 4 weeks later...

*bump*

Still having major problems a month later.

1. Cannot post with CAT HiNet

2. Cannot post photos on CAT HiNet or Maxnet.

The reply page never fully loads. The Java applet keeps circling.

Would advise using open DNS for your dns server as it appears to me CAT is not resolving some page locations so unable to post. How you do that will depend on what equipment your using but is usually very easy once you know routine. Believe most of us have switched to using OpenDNS rather than depending on local servers.

But I admit do not know what is being called up so I may have it all wrong. The internet forum can provide information if you post there.

Edited by lopburi3