Stuck With Tot Line? Complaint Consum.protection Institute

THAIPHUKET

TOT is the slowest on Phuket. I pay 1000b for Cyber GOLD and I get TIN delivered. Unfortunately I got a telephone line fromTOT. My complaint to

Khun Phonlasate Krichtiyawuth

Telelcommunications Consumer

Protection Institute

87 Pahonyothin Soi 8

Kweng Samsennai

Khet Phyathai

Bangkok 10400

was not a resounding success.

TOT came back, having checked my line, again. Domestic ok, 1700kbs. I knew that.

International is the bottle neck, worst for TOT. Legally they promise a certain kbs but say nothing about domestic or international.

See Phuket Gazette reporting

http://www.live-access.com/PhuketInternet.aspx

Tried to get TT&T which is much better , was told no lines available

Question= how to change a phone line or is it property of TOT?.

Any other solutions?

Move to max net or cat and Im sure within a few months you will be complaining about them. They are all slow, useless or pathetic depending on which day of the week it is. Just accept it. its saves geting wound up and stressed out. :o

TOT is the slowest on Phuket. I pay 1000b for Cyber GOLD and I get TIN delivered. Unfortunately I got a telephone line fromTOT. My complaint to

Khun Phonlasate Krichtiyawuth

Telelcommunications Consumer

Protection Institute

87 Pahonyothin Soi 8

Kweng Samsennai

Khet Phyathai

Bangkok 10400

was not a resounding success.

TOT came back, having checked my line, again. Domestic ok, 1700kbs. I knew that.

International is the bottle neck, worst for TOT. Legally they promise a certain kbs but say nothing about domestic or international.

See Phuket Gazette reporting

http://www.live-access.com/PhuketInternet.aspx

Tried to get TT&T which is much better , was told no lines available

Question= how to change a phone line or is it property of TOT?.

Any other solutions?

I agree with H2oDunc ....

You get what you pay for ... and there all similar .. It's thailand... :o

TOT owns the telephone lines. TTT leases same telephone lines. Customer care & service differentiates the two.

1000 Bht per month is what TOT charges for Cyber Diamond -- 4 Mbps (Megabit per second) download / 512 kbps (kilobit per second) upload. Generally, domestic connections are fastest. International connections are slower. Network congestion, server capacity, distance between server & client and number of hops required to link the two, as well as actual condition of each & all physical connections between TOT junction box and your computer can negatively impact real network speeds. These Speed Tests will demonstrate just how widely speeds can vary depending on these and numerous other factors:

1. speedtest.adslthailand.com

2. www.speedtest.net

3. speedtest.thaivisa.com

4. www.bkkok.com/modules.php?name=Bandwidth_Meter_DSL

5. www.dslreports.com/speedtest

No real implication in changing ISP depending on what contract you signed. It just means if you swap to CAT you will be posting about the poor speed of CAT instead of TOT. as they are forever saying here on TV This is Thailand. Grin and bear it. I got an air card last time up in BKK so at least when it goes down I can still get online. Happy Songkran :o

Edited by H2oDunc

to = paragonjr --

International connections are slower. Network congestion, server capacity, distance between server & client and number of hops required to link the two, as well as actual condition of each & all physical connections between TOT junction box and your computer can negatively impact real network speeds.

I am aware of this but looking at http://www.live-access.com/PhuketInternet.aspx

you say

1. 1000b should buy me 4Mpbs, not 2000

2. my data quantity is almost never higher than Cybersilver, which goes for 500b I think.

An is always lower than the competition at comparable prices