State Of Emergency Declared For Bangkok

george

guys she wrote to me at 21: something

stil there not alowed to leave by soldiers, not by party leaders.

nevermind it's impossible to let someone think outside of the box when all onó can is take all news and all feeds for the real thing.

Just think before PM was not so popular, now after all this he is almost hero, and will be a hero. I bet he is not stupid

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Damaging few cars or computers can not be compared to a threat of LPG Tanker, or attacks on civilians in their homes, or terrorising cars driving past.

What about storming the control tower of a major international airport with planes still in the sky?

Can that be compared?

Planes were allow to land or were safely diverted to other regional airports.

While fact checking this i ran into this nice statement from UDD which shows their tendency for treason

"One senior DAAD source said the movement would consider any retreat by the government to be a military coup, and immediately launch a counter street offensive against the army"

-from reuters

link

Damaging few cars or computers can not be compared to a threat of LPG Tanker, or attacks on civilians in their homes, or terrorising cars driving past.

What about storming the control tower of a major international airport with planes still in the sky?

Can that be compared?

NO

Do you want to reconsider that sensationalist assertion given the benefit of hindsight ?

Was it not more a case of a few people attempting to obtain Somchai's flight plan ?

Don't get me wrong, I was no fan of the PAD's activities and, despite getting an extra 6 days stay in Thailand, theire activities did little for the image of Thailand or the tourist trade. HOWEVER, I doubt that any lives were at risk and I noted how 'clean' the airport was left and how quickly operations were restored. Not sure I could predict the same result if the red shirts decided to park a few LPG tankers at Swampy.

It was an armed and masked mob that stormed and took control of the tower.

Wearing masks and carry weapons just to request to see a flight plan? Odd.

Of course that assertion was put forward by the Bangkok Post for the benefit of the gullible.

Soldiers not allowing civilians to leave? :o

well she is a red shirt does it count as civilian? I can't put the text of her sms here as it is on my mom's phone and she took it away.. but that's what she said that they are surrounded by army and army does not let anyone in or out. She also said that the rumors are they are held there to be shot to kill. scary .

well she is a red shirt does it count as civilian? I can't put the text of her sms here as it is on my mom's phone and she took it away.. but that's what she said that they are surrounded by army and army does not let anyone in or out. She also said that the rumors are they are held there to be shot to kill. scary .

The army is probably preparing a release procedure now that they have the reds boxed in.

Identification , taking of photo & comparison to wanted faces etc ..

by the way I do not support anyone... just think that all this looks very strange....there were task to be completed by PM as to make people hate reds, make people love him, and erase reds from the face of the earth, if all this was quite impossible few days ago now it all looks like almost done with.

I care less for Taksin, just people...

It was just announced on TV that any of the protesters that want to go home should go to the statue of Rama V around government house. They will be allowed to leave. Maybe you should try to let your friend know.

PAD did not storm traffic control tower. It simply didin't happen.

Afaik they didn't break into any secure areas during the "seizure".

The poor red guy was part of a thousand strong men drunken mob that was sent to attack smaller PAD camp at Makkwan bridge in the middle of the night. They thought they were attacking only old women there but PAD guards from the main camp at the govt house got there just in time to give the attackers a one big lesson.

>>>

About the army not letting reds out - could be true, could be false, could be a plan to put psychological pressure on them so that they don't ask twice when the exits are open. Perhaps the army is getting ready to check everyone for weapons and ids and need time to set the logistics right.

We'll see if there were allowed to leave in the morning. I doubt they'd turn it into a bloodbath and no one gets out alive.

* Humour of it is a bit lost on me, but the double take after a mention of 500 baht cash in one of Thaksin's video phone-in's before it all hit the fan is a subject of a few laughs. Here's a

/edit - on second watch the video is ace! Would love somebody to confirm the translation :o

I've asked for confirmations and explanations on the language forum at http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Confirmation...hi-t257245.html , but the interpretation seems pukka.

It was just announced on TV that any of the protesters that want to go home should go to the statue of Rama V around government house. They will be allowed to leave. Maybe you should try to let your friend know.

Wonder if they will be actually be free to go or if they will be taken away for torture or simply disappeared as the Army did back in 1992?

I cannot contact her as my mom took the phone away she also said they show the forum on TV.... and told me to stay off of it...

Wonder if they will be actually be free to go or if they will be taken away for torture or simply disappeared as the Army did back in 1992?

we were already here in Bangkok then.... it was scarry too... but everyone forgot about it very soon...

Edited by LazyCat

It is correct translation as far as I know Thai.

Should be a required viewing for school children.

It is a correct translation but it may be a clip taken out of context. It's not totally clear what he is talking about when he says waiting in line for 500 Baht. It does seem damning but I'd rather hear more before thinking he put his foot in his mouth.

On another note if anyone thinks we are heartless and cruel talking about the red shirts you should see what the Thai's think about them, themselves on their message boards. It's not pretty.

Edited by wasabi

Visit My Website

Hats off to these people ... normal citizens of Bangkok who did what the police should have been doing last week and every week over the past year or so.

If more people showed the same courage to stand up and do the right thing, then Thailand would be in a much more favourable position and might just (maybe) be run by a government consisting of people with higher moral standards. Unfortunately, most people stand by and watch, or not even take an interest, while various degrees of madness unfold.

Noticing Helvetican's sudden thrusting presence, and supposing that several irritants have been banned from the forum recently; is it fair to think he's like that recurring bout of thrush, that even when you think it's gone, actually isn't?

MODS feel free to delete this post/ move it to the medical forum, but some of these people just make me want to vomit. I apologise to all.

(Meanwhile- it could be worse- kind of like a Thaksinite piles thing).

[EDIT: Punctuation]

Edited by Slip

Liar.

Thai protesters storm Bangkok airport control tower

Merely one source.

After this happened the Bangkok Post released a deliberately misleading news article stating they only wanted to see flight plans however they were both masked and armed.

You preferred that report to this one, did you ? :-

"But the group captain Chokchai Saranon, a control tower official, claimed 50 protesters demanded to enter the empty control tower but only three were allowed up by security officials.

He said the protesters at the control tower eventually left".

http://www.herald.ie/world-news/tourists-s...rs-1553181.html

Unfortunately in Thailand the dead normally just disappear into thin air.

On another note if anyone thinks we are heartless and cruel talking about the red shirts you should see what the Thai's think about them, themselves on their message boards. It's not pretty.

Exactly what I have been hearing in my part of Isaan.

The reaction by local Thais to the involvement of the monk on Saturday at Abhisit's car, and the one today in the street, had to be seen to be believed. They could not believe their eyes.