Chiang Mai Ram Hospital, Taking The Piss!

PostmanPat

I've got some tests scheduled at Sripat next month and I've been dreading it ever since the doctor made the appointment. I'm not crazy about hospitals to start with, but knowing that it will take hours of waiting around doing nothing makes it even worse. The doctor is fine, but if all things are equal, I'm perfectly willing to pay a little more for a lot more convenience. :)

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I dont think its fair to knock PB's experience. I imagine that it could depend on departments, times, doctors etc with regards to waiting times and costs of treatment.

Personally my Doc seems to be a favorite and yes, I have more often than not waited over 2 hours to see her. However, smarty pants like me will go register myself for the number, ask the nice nurses how much waiting time approx and then tell them i will come back after a coffee. I go down stairs, out to the food court that is on campus just a short walk away have a coffee and a browse around (often they have a small market going on there). Afterwards I head back up to the waiting area.

I dont like Suan Doks layout. Im not a raving fan of the hospital, but i am a raving fan of my doctor there. Thus, because im already familiar with the process at Suan Dok, im happy to go there for other things if need be, but its no pleasure trip at all.

Good luck with your tests at Suan Dok UG, if you have to wait around, just ask the nurse how long she thinks then go get yourself breakfast or whatever. There is a nice food court area (not the one inside the building, you need to go outside). If anyone would like directions of the food court im talking about, ill try make up a map or something to be more specific (even has wheelchair access, but as usual the route outside getting there isnt particularly wheelchair friendly.)

If you get there and the Doctor goes off for a meal, there is a FANTASTIC little noodle/rice and pork shop across the street and down a little towards CMU - some of the best Thai food I've ever had and cheap. However, it is just a little too far away to feel comfortable about making it back in time. :)

There are plenty of people who are there for tests and so forth. It is a giant complex with many buildings for different things. Every time I go, the Doctor goes on a break and tells me to go eat. The food courts are packed, but the food is nothing inspirational. :)

Edited by Ulysses G.

Are we only comparing Ram with Sripat Special Clinic, centered on 13th floor? Maharaj and Suan Dok are the names for what is probably the largest medical center in Northern Thailand. Some clinics like neurology are on 12th floor. For my physical, lab tests are on 13, pharmacy on 1, eye doctors and orthopedics and wound dressings are all on 13 in Sripat building. Chest xray, I forget, Occupational therapy, different building. But I never get lost, and can't say khrap in Thai.

It all boils down to one important issue= management of quality control. See Toyota.

Sure, they are all humans. But RAM human resource management seems to do a poor job controlling the overall quality of work performed by doctors.

I suggest the moderator of the CM forum brings a print out of this complete post to the attention of RAM senior management. Perhaps a summary in THAI ?

This way Thaivisa CM could make a difference.