Loans For Foreigners

Some months ago there was an article in the Bkk Post suggesting that foreigners can get loans if they have a job in Thailand and their wife acts as a "guarantee" but she does not have to have a job. There were only two banks that do this. Any advice? RP

Some months ago there was an article in the Bkk Post suggesting that foreigners can get loans if they have a job in Thailand and their wife acts as a "guarantee" but she does not have to have a job. There were only two banks that do this. Any advice? RP

I chose to finance my vehicle after being here about three months, and now on a retirement extension. The bank rep came to the house, looked at the copies of my paperwork, said fine, you qualify. Now we just have to find a Thai who is employed who will co-sign the loan. We ended up with my sister-in-law, who makes 3/8 of f/a, signing. No problems. Go figure.

Never heard of one where the co-signer doesn't have to work, but I've got limited experience.

Will be moving out of Bangkok in the next few months to work in the provinces and I'm considering purchasing a vehicle as well, as I assume it will be either that or hire a car to get back and forth to work. What bank did you use to finance your vehicle purchase? Mind to share please and was the process difficult? :o