Getting A Prefab House From The Mainland?

Hi,

Does anybody have any idea if there are any companies preferably in mainland Surat Thanni that deal in prefabricated thai houses? I own land on Koh Phagnan and want a trad wooden house (on concrete base). The usual choice for Thai is to buy a wooden prefab (look no nails!), buy, get it dismantled and then get it rebuilt on their land...can't seem to find a company that offers this service in Southern Thailand - I speak Thai so communication isn't a problem and my wife of seven years is Thai..

Any ideas I'd be greatful

Adam

[email protected]

Edited by penzman

Hi,

Does anybody have any idea if there are any companies preferably in mainland Surat Thanni that deal in prefabricated thai houses? I own land on Koh Phagnan and want a trad wooden house (on concrete base). The usual choice for Thai is to buy a wooden prefab (look no nails!), buy, get it dismantled and then get it rebuilt on their land...can't seem to find a company that offers this service in Southern Thailand - I speak Thai so communication isn't a problem and my wife of seven years is Thai..

Adam

[email protected]

I'd guess you have to look a littlebit more . I once found on the internet a company who does it , don't know southern Thailand but they shipped worldwide so north , south , east , west ... no problem i'd say . Look on the internet for Thai style house , or something like that , as far as i remember i was looking for something like that .

Looked for 5 min and found this allready

http://www.real-estate-insider.com/house-m...dels-index.html

Not complete what you are looking for i think but look at it , or look a littlebit further ... i'm sure you'll find it .

Edited by pyros

• 2 weeks later...
Hi,

Adam

[email protected]

i remember a thread about 6 months ago talking about a pre fab teak house builder in BKK. i emailed them for a price and it was over 1M baht, not a throw away but it did look nice.

i'm in the same boat as you, building in KPN and would like to something temporary on my land for now so let me know if you find something useful.

steve

I read about a young Thai entrepeneur who started just such a company. What I remember is the article was more about his rapid rise to riches than about the homes. I do recall that he had done some work in KPN. I do remember his success was related the fact that the houses were basically small, inexpensive and completed quickly. Sorry I can't remember any information about the company in particular (Old timers disease).

Here are a couple of sites I googled up for you.

Ayuthaya Style

Vipassana

I couldn't get the prefab link to work on my computer for Vipassana but the address is there on the main page.

Edited by Boh Bpen Yang