Marrying Abroad On A Uk Fiancee Visa

Hi to eveyone on the forum, this is my first post.

My Thai girlfriend is about to apply for her Fiancee Visa for the U.K.

If she is accepted, can we travel to a different country and get married, Vegas or Mauritius for example, on her Visa.

The other question I have is does the Visa application form have to be filled out in English or can my fiancee use Thai. I have already completed the sponsors part of the form in English.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Regards

Gibbo

Hi Gibbo,

A fiancé(e) visa allows your g/f entry to the UK for 6 months during which time she has to marry you if she wishes to stay longer. If you wish to marry in another country then your g/f will have to apply for a visa for that country (normally as a visitor because she wouldn't be settling in the 3rd country). Having married in the 3rd country if you intend to settle in the UK she would then have to apply for a settlement (spouse) visa. If your g/f enters the UK on a fiancé(e) visa and then leaves the country before getting either married or further permission to stay from the Home Office she will require another visa to come back.

The visa application form should be completed in English.

Cheers,

Scouse.

Thank you Scouse for the quick reply. Looks like will be getting married here if her Visa application is accepted. It seems like a lot of hassle getting married in a different country.

Regards

Gibbo

Edited by Gibbo