Pad Leader Sondhi Limthongkul Shot

LawnGnome

The rumour going around among Thais I know is that it's Suthep Tueksuban the deputy prime minister behind the attempted hit. Sondi 'outed' him as the power behind Abhisit. Sondi calls Abhisit the puppet of Suthep.

• Replies 721
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

TOC News: http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/

And he was only slightly injured? If I were the assassin's hirers, I would ask for my money back and hire some Russians to do the job. TIT.

You are so right. By no means I want someone to be hurt, but Russian killers always proved a high efficiency in assassinating people, just to check the assassination record in Moscow, leaves you petrified.

Edited by Thunder26

Sondhi's injured driver is out of critical condition

Adul Saengpradab, driver of PAD leader Sondhi Limthongkul, who was seriously injured during an attack on Friday, is now out of critical condition, a Mission Hospital doctor said.

Adul is suffering from gun wounds on the head, right chest and arm, doctor said, adding that the operation on him went well.

He is now in intensive care unit and is out of critical condition. However he would be under close medical care for 24 hours.

- THE NATION -

Sondhi moves to undisclosed hospital

Yellow shirted leader, Sondhi Limthongkul, who was injured in an attack Friday morning, has sneaked out of Vajira Hospital after receiving medical operation and be in a safe condition, a hospital source said.

Sondhi decided to be transferred to new hospital for safety and privacy reasons, the source said.

Vajira Hospital then facilitated the transfer, the source said, and declined to reveal the name of the new hospital.

- THE NATION -

Adul Saengpradab, driver of PAD leader Sondhi Limthongkul, who was seriously injured during an attack on Friday, is now out of critical condition, a Mission Hospital doctor said.

Adul is suffering from gun wounds on the head, right chest and arm, doctor said, adding that the operation on him went well.

He is now in intensive care unit and is out of critical condition. However he would be under close medical care for 24 hours.

- THE NATION -

I wish him a quick recovery too.

- THE NATION -

Wow, 2 people shot in the head and no deaths.

We have a miracle people.

Just like Thaksins "60 people murdered and put on military trucks"

They all lie.

Edited by katasyd

The rumour going around among Thais I know is that it's Suthep Tueksuban the deputy prime minister behind the attempted hit. Sondi 'outed' him as the power behind Abhisit. Sondi calls Abhisit the puppet of Suthep.

Except that info is not worth the bandwidth of saying it.

Sondhi moves to undisclosed hospital

Yellow shirted leader, Sondhi Limthongkul, who was injured in an attack Friday morning, has sneaked out of Vajira Hospital after receiving medical operation and be in a safe condition, a hospital source said.

Sondhi decided to be transferred to new hospital for safety and privacy reasons, the source said.

Vajira Hospital then facilitated the transfer, the source said, and declined to reveal the name of the new hospital.

- THE NATION -

Seems he is still thinking clearly.

Except that info is not worth the bandwidth of saying it.

I could add something, but that would cause that I get warned again for being cynical.....

If there would be the smallest probability ASTV would fire at Suthep already...

IMO Thaksin was behind this, he needs to keep stirring the pot. He is on the ropes, desperate and will swing wildly.

Why is everything done by Khun Thaksin?

Yeah, this morning my coffee was a bit cold, I swore under my breath that frigging Thaksin must have been to blame, and hoped one of his meea noi might heat it back up with her burning loins.

Loaded; thanks for your further wild guesses, maybe you should join twitter and continue the art of unsubstantiated rumour mongering there. Aren't you an english teacher - as in my occupation presumably you therefore have minimal contacts with anyone who would actually know something right?

Truth is without further investigation we won't yet know, and in the meantime, it takes someone fairly mean spirited not to recognise that the driver is now in pretty bad shape and presumably 'not in on whatever conspiracy theory we choose to blog about' or whatever.

I hope they get well soon.

Edited by bertlamar

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said he has been informed about the assassination attempt against People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) core leader Sondhi Limthongkul and has ordered security officers to be at the Vajira Hospital where he was undergoing operation.

Armed guards for Sondhi, courtesy of Abhisit? Why? Is he a government official? It just shows again to the international community that it is a puppet government.

Edited by helvetian

Prime Minister Abhisit Vejjajiva said he has been informed about the assassination attempt against People's Alliance for Democracy (PAD) core leader Sondhi Limthongkul and has ordered security officers to be at the Vajira Hospital where he was undergoing operation.

Armed guards for Sondhi, courtesy of Abhisit? Why? Is he a government official? It just shows again to the international community that it is a puppet government.

what would you do if you were PM???

IMO Thaksin was behind this, he needs to keep stirring the pot. He is on the ropes, desperate and will swing wildly.

Why is everything done by Khun Thaksin?

Yeah, this morning my coffee was a bit cold, I swore under my breath that frigging Thaksin must have been to blame, and hoped one of his meea noi might heat it back up with her burning loins.

Loaded; thanks for your further wild guesses, maybe you should join twitter and continue the art of unsubstantiated rumour mongering there. Aren't you an english teacher - as in my occupation presumably you therefore have minimal contacts with anyone who would actually know something right?

Truth is without further investigation we won't yet know, and in the meantime, it takes someone fairly mean spirited not to recognise that the driver is now in pretty bad shape and presumably 'not in on whatever conspiracy theory we choose to blog about' or whatever.

I hope they get well soon.

Did you think before you wrote this?

I said Deputy Prime Minister and you read this as his driver! Maybe you need an English teacher to develop your reading comprehension skills. I'll ask around and try to find one with experience teaching beginners.

That is an immature conclusion. Past incidences, from the deaths of Muslim Lawyer Somchai Neelapaijit to Kornthep Viriya (Shipping Moo), all of whom came forward to expose Thaksin's human right abuse and tax evasion respectively, have indicated that someone wanted these people's lives. Somchai Neelapaijit and Kornthep Viriya were ordinary people too. Without protection, both of them were murdered mysteriously. Police have failed or intentionally failed to arrest the killers since then.

Edited by Rideau

In my country and it is common that the police send guards to protect someone who is in danger.

Also in the USA it is common.

It is normal for a governement to protect people who are at risk of being murdered. Not sure what you are getting at here.

TOC News: http://www.thailandoutlook.tv/

And he was only slightly injured? If I were the assassin's hirers, I would ask for my money back and hire some Russians to do the job. TIT.

You are so right. By no means I want someone to be hurt, but Russian killers always proved a high efficiency in assassinating people, just to check the assassination record in Moscow, leaves you petrified.

You remember movie "BangkokDangerous"?There were a lot of opinions critical - farang-hit-man in LOS?what a funny idea,they said,so many Petchburi boys waiting for jobs...

Now you can see - why serious people are looking for farangs.

one of these farangs was in news last year - in Chiang Mai,you can read in ChiangMai Forum - the very real farang hitman,not celuloid

creature!One of novels by Christopher Moore also touch this subject.

Had a doctor on TV about 20min ago explaning the injuries, apparantly only one bullet went in the right temple and 4 bullet fragments were removed in an operation. Seems he was moved to Chulalongkorn hosital at his own request.

Said the driver was still in a coma.

Also said there were 4 survailance cameras in the area that stopped working the evening before, looks a bit like the place of the shooting was chosen carefully.

Why do posters on here always mention the USA when talking about violence in Thailand? If you hate America...just be a man and say so. The violence at sports events in Europe are way out of control and I have never seen one post from an American posting on this forum about it. Can you keep your prejudices to yourselves and lets post about this terrible assasination attempt on a Thai politician. From what I know about the world...GUNS are used worldwide for violent people to inflict pain and death.

I heard from the red shirt leader when he surrendered to the Royal Thai police that the civil disobedience from red shirts didnt work...so they would go to PLAN B and use more underground techniques. Sounds like an admission of guilt before the fact.

The old if you cant beat em...kill em. THAILAND DESERVES BETTER!!!!

This is exactly the ratcheting up of instability that I was hoping for - the Thai Baht must now surely begin to decline as foreign investors get cold feet. Let´s get back to 60b = 1 UK pound... sooner rather than later. Coup now please...

Better you write about football and the beer you can buy with your weak pound.

Hate to break the news... but a faltering economy may well lead to very high inflation, which means everything suddenly gets a lot more expensive!

All of you guys incredulous that he could have survived 100 rounds fired into the car seem to be ignoring the eye witness report from the bus driver that another car came along and opened fire on the attackers. Sondhi's bodyguard perhaps.

Maybe the attackers only got in a few rounds before they themselves came under fire. Perhaps most of the 100 rounds were fired at them.

Anyway latest reports seem to indicate that he will pull through. Let's hope so.

This means no such thing.

No government connection is implyed except by you.

Sondhi no doubts can get many guards on his own,

and at this point it is quite prudent of him.

This means no such thing.

No government connection is implyed except by you.

Sondhi no doubts can get many guards on his own,

and at this point it is quite prudent of him.

if Abhisit ordered the guards for Sondi, how can it not be a 'government connection'? Your logic defies me.

Your second points win the state-the-bleeding-obvious award for this thread - well done!

All of you guys incredulous that he could have survived 100 rounds fired into the car seem to be ignoring the eye witness report from the bus driver that another car came along and opened fire on the attackers. Sondhi's bodyguard perhaps.

Maybe the attackers only got in a few rounds before they themselves came under fire. Perhaps most of the 100 rounds were fired at them.

Anyway latest reports seem to indicate that he will pull through. Let's hope so.

This is all plausible.

Two types of weapons could easily mean two different teams on opposing sides.

One starts the hit, the other arrives and drives them off with fire, while aiding at the victims.

It looking a little closer to civil war.

Army still on the streets, Sondhi shot, rumor mill working overtime on Red shirts killed during the demonstrations with missing taxi drivers.

Spare a thought for the DHL pick up guy he has to wear a uniform half yellow half red.

look like a smear campaign, who would be conscious with a bullet in his head, he didn't even loose his glasses

This is all plausible.

Two types of weapons could easily mean two different teams on opposing sides.

One starts the hit, the other arrives and drives them off with fire, while aiding at the victims.

But a complete guess. Was it worth the bandwidth?