Visitors Visa To Australia For Thai Wife

hi, my friend (English) would like to take his wife (Thai) to visit Australia for a month or so. They've been married for about 3 years and living together for 8 or so. they run a small restaurant in Ko Phangan and have some land and trees in Issan. they don't have a lot of money in the bank, at least not in Thailand.

they will be visiting a friend in Australia who I believe will guarantee her stay and money, etc.

what's the Australian visa process like? I doubt this would be enough to get into the USA or UK but maybe Australia is a bit easier. what are the usual requirements for a tourist visa?

thanks, steve

hi, my friend (English) would like to take his wife (Thai) to visit Australia for a month or so. They've been married for about 3 years and living together for 8 or so. they run a small restaurant in Ko Phangan and have some land and trees in Issan. they don't have a lot of money in the bank, at least not in Thailand.

they will be visiting a friend in Australia who I believe will guarantee her stay and money, etc.

what's the Australian visa process like? I doubt this would be enough to get into the USA or UK but maybe Australia is a bit easier. what are the usual requirements for a tourist visa?

thanks, steve

Hi Steve, You dont mentioned whether your friend's wife has dual nationality or just a Thai passport. For the UK man it is certainly no problem, it is simply a visa on line and comes through in a day or so. For his wife, she will have to apply directly to the Australian embassy, here is a good website for herhttp://www.ozvisathai.com/ and she can download the forms here.

Wishing them a great holiday, all the best

Hi Steve, You dont mentioned whether your friend's wife has dual nationality or just a Thai passport. For the UK man it is certainly no problem, it is simply a visa on line and comes through in a day or so. For his wife, she will have to apply directly to the Australian embassy, here is a good website for herhttp://www.ozvisathai.com/ and she can download the forms here.

Wishing them a great holiday, all the best

she's only Thai. i wonder if having a sponsor in Aus will suffice since she and husband don't have much money in Thailand? also, the friend in Aus is a friend of the husband, not her. would that be a problem?

i ask because its $100AUS to apply so its a lot to waste if there's no hope.

thx steve

bangkok to perth is about 11,000 baht on air asia and tiger, not a bad price at all. i'm thinking about going my self.

Yes she will have to apply at the VFS office at the CC towers near Surasat BTS.

It may be an idea to write a letter explaining that they are travelling together with a copy of the husbands visa. Some evidence to show that they are in a relationship, photos, bills in both names etc... Also a letter from the friend in Oz saying that he is prepared to provide additional funds if required. Details of accommodation, Also show any documents regarding the restaurant and land owned, this will show reason to return.

It takes about 6 working days to process the visa.