Women And Som Tam

daoyai

I enjoy som tam but I don't get excited by it or crave it. My gf on the other hand will get cravings for it and call some lady friends to get together just to eat that. I have seen this many times, groups of ladies at a table around a big plate of som tam and maybe some cold noodles. The interesting thing to me is I have never seen men do this. Anyone else notice this?

Edited by daoyai

I enjoy som tam but I don't get excited by it or crave it. My gf on the other hand will get cravings for it and call some lady friends to get together just to eat that. I have seen this many times, groups of ladies at a table around a big plate of som tam and maybe some cold noodles. The interesting thing to me is I have never seen men do this. Anyone else notice this?

Som Tam takes a bit of getting used to but I think it rocks - especially the Thai kind without the little black crab.

Get into it :o

Som Tam takes a bit of getting used to but I think it rocks - especially the Thai kind without the little black crab.

Get into it :o

I don't like the black crabs (heard they can cause food poisoning), but I do like som tam. I think the combination of citrus and heat from the chilies is intoxicating. The making and eating of som tam is a social activity for the girls. Think of it like drinking beer and eating peanuts whilst playing a game of poker.

I KNOW EXACTLY WHAT YOU MEAN!!!

I think Som Tam smells like unwashed underwear, and I gag at the thought of the taste of it- but my (farang) girlfriend has it at least once a day, and gets mad cravings if she doesn't get her fix. This is like the food version of reality TV- gets old after a few minutes, leaves a bad taste in your mouth, is consumed religiously by females and can be found everywhere you go.

Something has to be done about it! :o

jc

Hmmm I am farang male and I get Som Tam Cravings , maybe I just been here too long. :o

Yep me too I eat it every day and love it minus the shrimps/crab if i dont eat it every day I crave it

Heard that the heat of the chilli releases endorphmyes in the brain which give great pleasure

firstly its only ladies from certain parts of the country, secondly not all of them, thirdly the chillis are physically addictive. Like nicotine, heroine and meth amphetamine. except benignly so. Made more aeddictive if the person has been eating them since childhood like most of these ladies from certain parts of thailand.

I'm howling at the moon cos the wife's in Isaan till month end and I'm stuck in E frickin U.

Som Tam, Gai Yang and Leo :D

Just have to content myself with attacking a crate of Augustiner with a mate this afternoon :o Like I mentioned in another thread, my wife is Som Tam queen; she's always the one that makes it - with crab and mature mudfish sauce... she does separate for me :D

Here in Bali for holiday, my wife push me to steal a green papaya from a garden just because impossible to find in the markets...

After that, happy like I give her one baht gold,

Haha, same as my wife.

We live on the Gold Coast and it's nearly impossible to find green papaya, when we first moved here and tried to find some my wife was appalled when she realised there was non to be had. :o

She has gone as far as planting some in the garden.

I often go to Sydney on business and bring some home and she stashes them away. I went on such a trip recently and forgot to bring some home.

Honestly she was like a child that didn't get the icecream that was promised. She sulked for 2 days. :D

My guess is the salt and MSG loaded into it.

It must level out their ph or something.

Love the stuff! but interesting about the MSG. Just recently I have been avoiding it for an allergy test and asked the G/F for some without the MSG. Tasted like cabbage. The chili salt n MSG = addiction.

few days ago , my wife , woke up at 3 pm .. during the mob protets , and she whisper to me..

dear, let go out for some food .

i feel kinda hungry so i agree..

we drove out , that the days . the mo is creating havoc at din deng ..

on the car she tell me she have the suddenly craving for SOM TAM

whahhahaha

:o

notthing make me more happy to see my wife happy and her smiling :D

so anything for her

Regarding the OP's question - the simple answer is.....

They like to tell everyone four hours after the fact that they have an upset belly.

Next time listen in...

While eating it in a circle : "Pet wah! Sep blah blah blah"

4 hours later "Bood tong (sp)" followed by a big dump.

The amazing part is that after eating it for 20 years with the same reaction, they still sound surprised they get an upset gut.

:o