Crusty Bread

alfieconn

Note that that only applies to Rimping at Nim City but the bread is nice and crusty. Carrefour has very nice bread too as does the bake shop at the Dhara Dhevi Hotel.

The River Rim Ping also has a bakery now with the same products as Nim City. I am a big fan of their bread :o

There is a Wawee just down the soi from Bake 'n Bite that looks as though it has a bakery. Lots 'o pretty loafs o bread when I have peered into the window.

Looks promising.

Good bagettes at Rimping..

yeah, next door to the new punna condo. fine bread indeed from that place.

Bakery at the Oriental Dhara Dhevi. Absolutely without a doubt the best in Chiang Mai. (It's located in the little shopping 'village' on the right hand side when driving into the place). Cakes, pastries and ice cream are also to die for. Discounts apply after 7pm.

Bakery at the Oriental Dhara Dhevi. Absolutely without a doubt the best in Chiang Mai. (It's located in the little shopping 'village' on the right hand side when driving into the place). Cakes, pastries and ice cream are also to die for. Discounts apply after 7pm.

Long had it in mind to visit the place. Would appreciate the easiest possible directions to drive there starting on 1st ring road near the sansai market intersection or on superhighway near carrefour/index.

Note that that only applies to Rimping at Nim City but the bread is nice and crusty. Carrefour has very nice bread too as does the bake shop at the Dhara Dhevi Hotel.

The River Rim Ping also has a bakery now with the same products as Nim City. I am a big fan of their bread :o

The same is true for Rimping at Kad Farang, though I believe that they have somewhat less variety.

/ Priceless

Long had it in mind to visit the place. Would appreciate the easiest possible directions to drive there starting on 1st ring road near the sansai market intersection or on superhighway near carrefour/index.

Ah, that's an easy drive then: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...077248&z=14

So just take that first ring road until the interesection with the Sankamphaeng Road, turn right heading towards town and then it's a soi on the left. There's a sign for the Oriental Dhara Dhevi (big stone slab at the corner) but not super clear so pay attention. :o

Yer in Thailand. Eat white rice. :D:o
28 Baht for a French stick?

Morrisons have crusty white large loaf (still warm) for 54p

I thought Thailand was supposed to be cheap?

Sometime I doubt about the intelligence of many TV members.

Ah, that's an easy drive then: http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source...077248&z=14

So just take that first ring road until the interesection with the Sankamphaeng Road, turn right heading towards town and then it's a soi on the left. There's a sign for the Oriental Dhara Dhevi (big stone slab at the corner) but not super clear so pay attention. :o

Thank you very much winnie. I gathered it was roughly in that vicinity but wondered why I'd never 'passed' it or seen it. All will be disclosed to me at long last this weekend. Hope those evening discounts are available on weekends too.

Edited by triffid

Yer in Thailand. Eat white rice. :D:o
28 Baht for a French stick?

Morrisons have crusty white large loaf (still warm) for 54p

I thought Thailand was supposed to be cheap?

Sometime I doubt about the intelligence of many TV members.

True, and sometimes I wonder if some people has a sense of humour. :D

where can i buy a crusty english type loaf, not the farnhouse variety (soft and sort of fluffy), un Irish Pub do a nice one but only in small loaves.

UN Irish Pub does apparently do large loaves, but they seem pretty scarce to come by. As with their small loaves, I often turn up at different times of day only to find them out of bread. The large loaves are an even scarcer item. Maybe it should be called UN USSR Pub? I guess I could talk to them to get the score, but instead have turned to Rimping for bread. Their is also a Japanese/Thai owned bakery on Suriyawong Road about 200 meters south of Chiang Mai Gate that does a crusty loaf, as well as wonderful sweet things.

Not that it matters to Rimping or anyone else, but I'm boycotting Rimping bakery because of how filthy the paper they provide to put on the tray on which you place your baked goods is. They reuse it for days and weeks and it is often soggy with grease stains. I mean how expensive is it to provide a clean new sheet of wax paper or plastic like Tops etc. do.

I doubt that they ever do anything to the trays either, except wipe them with a dirty rag. When they first opened the trays had paper taped to them that was simply never changed or cleaned. There were crumbs that were weeks old.

I'm weird that way, no need to tell me so!

I went to the Oriental yesterday to dodge the heat at their bakery/coffee shop and because my daughter was promised ice cream after a visit to the doctor for vaccination.. There it dawned on me that not only is their mango, raspberry and chocolate ice cream to die for, they MAKE THE CONES themselves on the spot.. Big wafer iron thing, poor in the mixture and then fold it into a cone right in front of you.. That's class. Oh, and very crusty bread. (Many are too crusty actually for the Mrs. and daughter)