Going Into Laos

you can get the visa in Savannakhet for Bt1,500, actually its quite easy just fill up some form and 1 picture. after you get off from the ferry go inside the immigration then look for the booth, quite easy because its not a big place.

you can get the visa in Savannakhet for Bt1,500, actually its quite easy just fill up some form and 1 picture. after you get off from the ferry go inside the immigration then look for the booth, quite easy because its not a big place.

Janeny,

Thank you for the response. Do I understand that you get the Lao visa after arriving Lao side, not before starting across the river?

Udom

What about crossing by car via Nong Khai? Is it possible now? I'd like to drive my own car to Vientianne... What kind of documents do I need to present?

Passport should be enough but have car reg and DL ready.

BTW, if you pay US$ for your visa its $30 (1200 baht). If you want to pay in baht it suddenly becomes 1500.

What about crossing by car via Nong Khai? Is it possible now? I'd like to drive my own car to Vientianne... What kind of documents do I need to present?

Passport should be enough but have car reg and DL ready.

BTW, if you pay US$ for your visa its $30 (1200 baht). If you want to pay in baht it suddenly becomes 1500.

What about car insurance when taking your car into Vientianne?

Are you covered if you have no1 insurance cover in TL ?