Do Taximeter Taxis Have Gps?

charms

Hello

I was wondering if there is a way to find out for a Taximeter Taxi at what time the Taxi was located where. My Thai Girlfriend took a Taxi from an outer location of Bangkok to inside Bangkok. The Taxi driver however was driving out of town, took away all her belongings and ... you know what comes next. He left here alive alone in the dark and she managed to save herself. She was picked up later by the police.

Does anybody know if these Taximeter Taxis have somekind of a location system? Can I call somewhere to find out? It was a yellow/green Taximeter Taxi.

For all you guys in here. Please tell to your girlfriends to get the SMS number of the police. It is possible for anybody to send an SMS with the name of the taxi driver and number of the car to a special number of the police before entering a Taxi. I have forgotten the number. Maybe somebody else know it.

Thanks

Chris

Hello

I was wondering if there is a way to find out for a Taximeter Taxi at what time the Taxi was located where. My Thai Girlfriend took a Taxi from an outer location of Bangkok to inside Bangkok. The Taxi driver however was driving out of town, took away all her belongings and ... you know what comes next. He left here alive alone in the dark and she managed to save herself. She was picked up later by the police.

Does anybody know if these Taximeter Taxis have somekind of a location system? Can I call somewhere to find out? It was a yellow/green Taximeter Taxi.

For all you guys in here. Please tell to your girlfriends to get the SMS number of the police. It is possible for anybody to send an SMS with the name of the taxi driver and number of the car to a special number of the police before entering a Taxi. I have forgotten the number. Maybe somebody else know it.

Thanks

Chris

no, they dont generally have GPS

a SMS to wherever is not going to deter anyone. Better get out of the taxi quick when u see he is not going where u wanna go.

You dont have to tell the guys. Thai girls know that it is dangerous to take a cab at night and many will not do it alone. Especially not " from an outer location of Bangkok" or from notorious places like Morchit.

They will tell their bf to come and pick them up, thats the way to do it.

Hello

Thanks

Chris

no, they dont generally have GPS

a SMS to wherever is not going to deter anyone. Better get out of the taxi quick when u see he is not going where u wanna go.

You dont have to tell the guys. Thai girls know that it is dangerous to take a cab at night and many will not do it alone. Especially not " from an outer location of Bangkok" or from notorious places like Morchit.

They will tell their bf to come and pick them up, thats the way to do it.

My gf always checks the taxi's nr and stuff and if she doesnt trust it she makes sure she either gets out or sends the information to me or a friend.

If she or taxi driver had mobile phone turned on, the heartbeat sent from the phone to mobile anthena is registered. Police can find out with +/- 10m precission where the handset was at the specified time.

in theory yes, but remember this is Thailand, i highly doubt they could be bothered to go that far...

If she or taxi driver had mobile phone turned on, the heartbeat sent from the phone to mobile anthena is registered. Police can find out with +/- 10m precission where the handset was at the specified time.

in theory yes, but remember this is Thailand, i highly doubt they could be bothered to go that far...

If my reading is correct, a rape took place, that's a serious crime and warrants a request to mobile operator(s) to check their records. Police just have to request it through a routine channel used 10-20 times a day (something as mundane as requesting a telegraphic transfer of money from a bank), the operators have the tools that sift through billions and billions of records.

If my reading is correct, a rape took place

well it doesnt state that fact, but after double looking he could be implying that was what happened...

but would be nice if the police did help and used this route of investigation

Edited by Boater

If my reading is correct, a rape took place

well it doesnt state that fact, but after double looking he could be implying that was what happened...

but would be nice if the police did help and used this route of investigation

Firstly, it has to be reported and filed with police as a rape case.

The rest is a routine request to mobile operators, police make them every day.

Even if the driver had switched off his mobile after she hailed the taxi , the records will show which mobiles were there at the beginning of the trip.

Hello

Thanks

Chris

OMG, such things happened?

can someone share?