Type O Extension. My Reverse Situation.

This is my first posting. I discovered this forum a few weeks ago and this is the best information forum on living in Thailand. I have a question about the marriage type O extension.

I read many topics on this marriage visa extension but I cannot find anyone with my situation. I am 28 and my Thai girlfriend is 24 and we think we get marry very soon. I like to stay here in Thailand for a few years to enjoy life and eventually to go back to Danmark with my girl to settle down.

I learned that you need to have an account in Thai bank with over 400000 bahts in there for supporting Thai wife in order to extend to one year. But here is my question. I know my girl for 2 years already and her parents really like me and treat me like their own son. They are very affluent family. The father for past 2 years has deposit 100000-150000 each month into my girlfriend's bank account for us two to use. But we are reasonable about using money so we have accumulated over 2 millions in my girlfriend's account.

When we get married and then apply for my 1 year type O extension, can we use

my wife's account to show that she is supporting me in Thailand?? or it has to be husband supporting Thai wife??I cannot find anyone of this situation. Please advise.

This sure sounds like a troll, but - for theory's sake:

No, you have no basis for obtaining a long-term entry permit based on your situation.

You have at least the following two options:

1. Transfer 400,000+ baht to a bank account back in your home country, and then wire transfer that money back into a Thai bank account established in your name. They do not care about the original source of the money - just that it was remitted from overseas to your Thai bank account.

2. Start a Thai Private Co. Ltd. to pursue the activity of slowly going broke - and have that TPCL hire you at a salary of 50,000 baht per month (you do not actually have to draw the salary - just pay the taxes on that amount). Maybe - establish the company as a consultancy, and collect enough to keep the company "level" by invoicing your wife's family for 75,000 baht (or whatever) every month.

'Sounds like you have a nice gig - enjoy it!

Good luck.

Steve Sykes

Managing Director

Indo-Siam Group

Bangkok

[email protected]

www.thaistartup.com

If the Thai government only issues long term marriage visas to foreign men who support their Thai wives and refuse visas to those that are supported by their Thai wives. This is really an extreme sexual discrimination. And it sound so out of logic. If a couple can prove to have the money either from husband or from the wife to carry on their living together, how can any country refuse to let them living together!!??Some Thai laws are so outrageously rediculous to me.

If the Thai government only issues long term marriage visas to foreign men who support their Thai wives and refuse visas to those that are supported by their Thai wives. This is really an extreme sexual discrimination. And it sound so out of logic. If a couple can prove to have the money either from husband or from the wife to carry on their living together, how can any country refuse to let them living together!!??Some Thai laws are so outrageously rediculous to me.

"Andere Laender, andere Sitten"

(sorry - other countries, other ways)

Why not just get a 12-month multiple 'O' visa which can run for 15 months and doesn't require the showing of any funds? Or, just transfer the 400 home and back as Indo-Siam said and go for the 3-month single entry, then the extension.

If you're not a troll you're a lucky bugger and don't really have a problem. :o

Alohasiam I agree to you that Thai government only allow long stay if foreign husband to bring in money to support his Thai wife. It seems like Thai government is treating all international marriage like profitable business. I discussed this with my parents back home yestarday and it sounds a little absurd to them as well.

But thank you for all advices. I have my own money back home and I can transfer to here in Thailand with no problem for the extension if thats the law here or simply get a one year multiple like other forum members advice to me. I feel I am lucky after reading other forum posts that her father support us very well in Thailand. But I do not care about this because I have my own money back home and I can support her myself. Some forum members used the word troll and I do not understand what its meaning.

One of my best Dutch pal got married last year with a Hong kong girl from a very wealthy family. They decided to settle down in HK and the wife's parents were so happy. Her family bought them expensive condo, cars, and also transfered many real estates properties and lots of securities, bonds ect into their names. The wife's father told them he is old and he doesn't want them to suffer harsh life and want them to have a very good life.

I think this practice is very common in the rich Chinese family, to provide their daughter and her husband with all the wealth to ensure a good life for them and the next generation.

Dannishgung, I assume your girlfriend's family is also Thai Chinese, right? Perhaps they have no son only have daughters. That's even better if thats the case. It is nothing unusual for rich Chinese parents to give all their wealth to their daughter and son-in-law to make sure he will take good care of the daughter and also good care of their grandsons.