Wasn't Songkran Supposed To Finish At Sundown?

Jimmyd

We tried to pop over to Foodland to buy some dinner just after sundown--it's a no-fly zone. We had to turn around and come back home. Luckily only took about an hour.

In years past, didn't things stop at sundown, or is my memory playing tricks again?

BTW, went out for a walk around noon, got back around 2:30. The vast majority of people were polite, but we got blasted in the face and other assorted nasty stuff about 4-5 times, a couple farangs and a couple Thais. All in all quite enjoyable.

It is supposed to finnish at sunset, but sometimes the players need to be reminded. Give it an hour or so and they will be reminded. :D

I sure hope so, I've been 'dug in' for the best part of two weeks thanks to the Asean crap the week before Songkran kicked off and the food cupboard is pretty bare! :o

Passed foodland at 10 pm and they were stiil playing water in front of the entrance.Some other places on pattaya klang also.

But the most rediculous thing I saw was last night in soi Khao Talo where some guy was playing songkran by using a high pressure cleaning machine.I was in the car so he couldn't harm me but he was lucky he was at the other side of the road because I would have driven my truck over him for sure.

Passed foodland at 10 pm and they were stiil playing water in front of the entrance.Some other places on pattaya klang also.

But the most rediculous thing I saw was last night in soi Khao Talo where some guy was playing songkran by using a high pressure cleaning machine.I was in the car so he couldn't harm me but he was lucky he was at the other side of the road because I would have driven my truck over him for sure.

hey its all in the name of harmless fun, those pressure washers only have about 30psi.........would only knock you off a bike a few feet so wheres the harm :o

As I've replied elsewhere, up country the water throwing times start as it gets warmer (10am) and finish as people seek food as the sun sets. In Pattaya I have seen water throwing at 4am in the past. If there are people that are awake and pissed enough to want to, they will.