Work Permit Two Companies

Is it possible for foreign manager of one company to get an additional work location to work part time for a different company in another province on a project basis? Anyone know?

Yes, like most immigration/WP rules, there are very clear guidelines which simply have to be followed - I have 3 different companies on my WP and, quite honestly, I don't know why so many people experience so many problems with Visa/WP issues. It seems pretty simple to me, unless you are trying to cheat the system...

Is it possible for foreign manager of one company to get an additional work location to work part time for a different company in another province on a project basis? Anyone know?

Normaly you need to get permission from the first employer to add a second employer on the WP.

In your case you will be working in another province then your work for your current employer. I'm not sure what the regulations say about that.

Yes, like most immigration/WP rules, there are very clear guidelines which simply have to be followed - I have 3 different companies on my WP and, quite honestly, I don't know why so many people experience so many problems with Visa/WP issues. It seems pretty simple to me, unless you are trying to cheat the system...

Phuket immigration says foreigners may have a work permit at only one company. Did they pull this from the air or is it really a nationwide regulation, like they say?

Phuket immigration says foreigners may have a work permit at only one company. Did they pull this from the air or is it really a nationwide regulation, like they say?

Lot's of people have more then 1 employer on their WP. It could be that you can have only 1 WP at a time (not sure about that), but not that you are only allowed to work for 1 employer. As long as your employer agrees you can ad another employer to your WP.

• 3 weeks later...

Phuket Immigration probably has plucked something out of thin air. The rules about work permits are up to the Labour Ministry to decide anyway, not Immigration. It is particularly important for consultants who have to work regularly in several different companies to have them all on their work permits, even if they don't directly receive salaries from them all. I know some one who was arrested for not doing this.