Thailand Live Friday 11 October 2024

3. 174

Why do retirees marry in Thailand ?

4. 73

Foreign Tour Operators Flood Phuket, Taking Jobs from Locals

5. 2

Afghan Man charged with Election day terror plot

6. 1

Double-Ten Retailer Promotions: 10-10 is a Chinese Holiday. So, why is this big DEAL here?

7. 0

93-Year-Old Woman Crawls into Sakae Krang River & is Missing While Daughter Sleeps

8. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

9. 25

Pattaya Police Raid Poker Gambling Ring, Arrest 9 Foreign Players

10. 2

Former Aussie cop’s epic run across Thailand for tsunami victims

11. 7

Thailand triumphs in UN Human Rights council bid

12. 2

Donald Trump’s New Tax Promise: Eliminating Income Taxes for Americans Abroad

Let Us Put The Chiang Mai Immigration Office On The Map

Maestro

Together with some other members I am trying to put placemarks for all Thai immigration offices on Google Maps. See this topic for the work in progress:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/Maps-Locatio...es-t247697.html

To speed up this project I have now thought of going to the local forums for help. For the Chiang Mai office, I was already given the coordinates but they point to a place in the middle in front of two buildings:

View Thailand Immigration Offices in a larger map

The easiest way for somebody to give me the correct coordinates is to click on the link for the larger map below the above picture, in the new map that opens right-click on the correct building and click on "Center map here", then click on "Links" in the top right section of the screen. Copy the text in the box "Paste link in email or IM" and paste it in your reply in this topic.

Thank you for your help.

--

Maestro

The immigration is housed in 2 buildings, 1 for the applications, and 1 for the 90 day-reporting and other matters.

When you turn in to the area, visa application office is on the right side, 90-day ext. and other matters is on the left hand side.

Edited by Whiplash

The photo looks as if it was taken some time ago and I doubt if the current Immigration Office was even built then.

The co-ordinates below are where the office now is, slightly to the right is the car park and further right is the old Immigration Office. To the left of these co-ordinates the distinctive semi-circular driveway of the building next door can be seen. I think this is a Customs building and it serves as an overflow car park for the Immigration Office.

On the other side of the main road are several buildings including a large petrol station. None of these is shown, so the conclusion is that the photo is several years old.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?cd=2&ie...002253&z=18

The photo looks as if it was taken some time ago and I doubt if the current Immigration Office was even built then.

The co-ordinates below are where the office now is, slightly to the right is the car park and further right is the old Immigration Office. To the left of these co-ordinates the distinctive semi-circular driveway of the building next door can be seen. I think this is a Customs building and it serves as an overflow car park for the Immigration Office.

On the other side of the main road are several buildings including a large petrol station. None of these is shown, so the conclusion is that the photo is several years old.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?cd=2&ie...002253&z=18

Well delboy, you are correct on 2 points.

The first being, this Google Earth image is from some years ago.

The second being that Maestro got the location wrong. He must be at least 30 metres out. dam_n!!

But most people are sharp enough to get to the location and have a little look around, if they are really observant they may see the big sign that indicates that they are within 30 seconds walking distance to the front gate of the Chiang Mai Immigration office.

The immigration is housed in 2 buildings, 1 for the applications, and 1 for the 90 day-reporting and other matters.

When you turn in to the area, visa application office is on the right side, 90-day ext. and other matters is on the left hand side.

That changed some time ago. 90 day reporting and application is in the same building on the right as you enter the drive.

That changed some time ago. 90 day reporting and application is in the same building on the right as you enter the drive.

And despite posted notices to the contrary, they recently did my 90 day report there without comment, even though MHS province is not on their list. Don't know if they'll do my 1 year ext. again though...

Thank you all for your help. It's just that when I do something I like to do it right, and after all these placemarks are there for the whole world to see and I don't want to give ThaiVisa a bad reputation :o

I've now moved the placemark and will be happy if the locals double-check it, as Google Maps is sometimes behaving a bit erratically.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...09aa5e5c2a16081

--

Maestro

...MHS province..

The Mae Hong Son immigration is still missing on my map. The problem, you see, is that the address information given on the website of the immigration office is not always suitable for locating the place accurately on Google Maps.

202 Moo 11

Tambol Pangmoo

Amphoe Mueang

Changwat Mae Hong Son 58000

I found Pang Mu (Google's spelling) and I wonder if someone can identify the the building that houses the immigration office.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...fe31ef70078ef92

--

Maestro

I've now moved the placemark and will be happy if the locals double-check it, as Google Maps is sometimes behaving a bit erratically.

Definitely the wrong place now. The first place you marked was essentially at the drive way entrance to immigration. As others have mentioned, the map is old and the primary building is not in the picture now. Will post the image of the correct position shortly.

The white X is the immigration office area with the old immigration building and the parking area where the new one was built later.

post-566-1240325496_thumb.jpg

Definitely the wrong place now...

Actually, the coordinates delboy gave me pointed to where I moved the placemark now, between two trees.

http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?ie=UTF8&amp...09aa5e5c2a16081

So now I understand that these trees were cut down and a new building was put up, a building that did not yet exist when the photo for the Google map was taken.

--

Maestro

So now I understand that these trees were cut down and a new building was put up, a building that did not yet exist when the photo for the Google map was taken.

That is correct. You have the marker at the exact point the new building is now. The parking lot just to the right in the image along with the old office.

...MHS province..

The Mae Hong Son immigration is still missing on my map. The problem, you see, is that the address information given on the website of the immigration office is not always suitable for locating the place accurately on Google Maps.

202 Moo 11

Tambol Pangmoo

Amphoe Mueang

Changwat Mae Hong Son 58000

I found Pang Mu (Google's spelling) and I wonder if someone can identify the the building that houses the immigration office.

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source...fe31ef70078ef92

--

Maestro

Here's 2 GPS waypoints for your Mae Hong Son map:

Immigration (actually the entrance at the highway before you climb the switchbacks) N 19 deg 18.820 min E 97 deg 57.826 min

Motor vehicle dept. N 19 deg 17.221 min E 97 deg 57.560 min

Thank you, cloudhopper. (Is it in the high mountains of Mae Hong Son province where you go cloudhopping? It must be a lovely area.)

I found this photo on the Internet of the turn-off to the immigration office:

static.panoramio.com/photos/original/17094594.jpg

So the immigration office must be one of the buildings inside the red circle in the following image. Is that right? Do you happen to know which building?

post-21260-1240502730_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro

Thank you, cloudhopper. (Is it in the high mountains of Mae Hong Son province where you go cloudhopping? It must be a lovely area.)

I found this photo on the Internet of the turn-off to the immigration office:

static.panoramio.com/photos/original/17094594.jpg

So the immigration office must be one of the buildings inside the red circle in the following image. Is that right? Do you happen to know which building?

post-21260-1240502730_thumb.jpg

--

Maestro

The scenery in MHS province is indeed spectacular but the air is a bit rowdy in the mountains so I do most of my hopping around Doi Saket-

post-40691-1240531302_thumb.jpg

The dark roof building at the right of the pic is the actual office. Take a right at the top of the switchbacks to the small parking area then up that big flight of stairs.

Thank you. That’s an interesting hobby you have. I have been a passenger in a hot air balloon with a basket. You photo is the first time I see one with an open seat for a single passenger. Would be nice to drop in at an immigration office like that except, of course, that you can’t steer it.

--

Maestro