"my Wife Says.........."

bloody tiger

I am always amused on TV(across all forum subjects) when someone posts "My wife says....." or "My gf reckons....." without actually saying what it is that their wife/gf/partner etc does that would actually quantify their expertise being added to the subject.

Maybe lots of posters think that by mentioning their wife/gf that they are adding considerable weight to the argument.

Maybe some people think that they are unique in having a Thai wife/gf/etc......well HELLO, this is THAIVISA and just about everyone has a connection with a Thai......

Surely others have noticed this with some amusement.....what are your thoughts on it

.....BTW, my wife reckons this is an excellent topic :o:D:D:D

It all depends on what topic is brought up I suppose.My wife says that I'm an arsehol_e.It doesn't take much expertise to know that. :D

did we marry sisters? :D my (non thai) wife doesn't say so but i'm sure she thinks it :o

It all depends on what topic is brought up I suppose.My wife says that I'm an arsehol_e.It doesn't take much expertise to know that. :D

did we marry sisters? :D my (non thai) wife doesn't say so but i'm sure she thinks it :D

So your wife is very astute Naam. :o

So we have come to the conclusion that they know absolutely nothing.That means we can carry on drinking, watching the football and shouting back at the television.

Only if you let them watch unlimited soaps on tv, shout themselves crazy at PAD or Redshirt demos. eat Plamuk at bedtime and go silent for two weeks for the slightest provocation. :o

So we have come to the conclusion that they know absolutely nothing.That means we can carry on drinking, watching the football and shouting back at the television.

Only if you let them watch unlimited soaps on tv, shout themselves crazy at PAD or Redshirt demos. eat Plamuk at bedtime and go silent for two weeks for the slightest provocation. :D

oohhh the silent treatment :D It makes me so f%cking mad !

Honey <deleted> have I done?

:o:D :D

Its a status symbol to have a thai wife. You have to flaunt it

It is? I guess if you bagged a hi-so chinese from an influential family. I can hardly see having a country girl with nothing more than a good heart is something one wants to flaunt. One never knows if they married you for your life insurance proceeds upon ones demise.

go silent for two weeks for the slightest provocation.

I wish mine did that.

Now theres census to take. How many get the silent treatment when the wife is mad, and how many get 2 ear fulls for the rest of the day. Mine does the silent treatment, so there's a running count of 2 to 1 so far on this thread. Anyone else want to count off??

• 1 month later...

Just the opposite it's a status symbol for a Thai Woman to have a Farang Husband. Don't take my word for it just take a look around you from time to time, see how the ones with farang husbands act, i.e., when they step out their fancy new car, while shopping at Lotus, dining out picking up the tab. Just observe their demeanor over a period of time, you might just see my point. :):D

I wish mine did that.

Now theres census to take. How many get the silent treatment when the wife is mad, and how many get 2 ear fulls for the rest of the day. Mine does the silent treatment, so there's a running count of 2 to 1 so far on this thread. Anyone else want to count off??

Silent treatment for 24 hours, followed by coping an earful for the next 48 hours. :)

I wish mine did that.

I get the silent treatment and it's great.

I do sometimes wonder if there's a time bomb ticking away though. Best to hide the knives.

Just the opposite it's a status symbol for a Thai Woman to have a Farang Husband. Don't take my word for it just take a look around you from time to time, see how the ones with farang husbands act, i.e., when they step out their fancy new car, while shopping at Lotus, dining out picking up the tab. Just observe their demeanor over a period of time, you might just see my point. :):D

I think Fanta was taking the yellow water.

I've seen many farangs 'status' decline after marrying into Thai heritage.

It is? I guess if you bagged a hi-so chinese from an influential family. I can hardly see having a country girl with nothing more than a good heart is something one wants to flaunt. One never knows if they married you for your life insurance proceeds upon ones demise.

keithlee is obviously not a great one for appreciating (or recognising?) irony.

Another for the irony-deprived section.

My Thai Wife *flaunt*flaunt* :) always gives me the silent treatment when she's mad. She'll also go down and stay at her mother's all day if it's our day off. when I ask her about it; she says... "I'm not mad, I'm just quiet". Yeah right.... LOL She knows that I don't like to argue, so it's just as well.

I've gotten to like the silent treatment. At first it drove me mad trying to get to the bottom of the issue and talk it out. Now I just don't worry and go on my way. A few days or a week and then maybe she wants to talk a little but it's mostly little things that have been bugging her. I did learn that you can never win so one thing I don't do is give it back. We have a Thai couple friends and they went 2-3 months without talking to each other until he broke. You can never win this game. I go on with normal conversation and communication and just accept the minimal return communication.

I've come to see the value of not talking when either of us are hot about something - that's when things you regret get said. After some times everything gets more perspective and the kiss and make up is much easier.

The silent treatment beats the heck out of getting your ear chewed off. I've had both ways now and I'll take the silent treatment any day.